+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: LSU gets 43 million from SEC from TV deal

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Re: LSU gets 43 million from SEC from TV deal

Quote Originally Posted by Tech52 View Post
    You seem too thick in the head to actually understand what I post.
    Dawg80? Ya think??

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Geaux Dawgs View Post
    I assure you my world is much greater than worrying about LSU, having said that, what do Tech fans talk more about......Beating BAMA or winning the WAC in 2001?? Winning CUSA likely wont matter in 5-10 years, but beating the Tigers in BR will last forever!!!! People still talk about beating BAMA twice!!!!!! No one really gives 2 shits about winning the WAC in 2001...... The WAC barely even exists anymore.
    Great post.

Quote Originally Posted by Houston Techsan View Post
    Just like Northwestern will be talking about beating us in when 2013 or 2014. Ask one of them and they could tell you in a minute.
    Well......THEY DID. And frankly that's pretty much all most north Louisianians know about the current LA Tech-NSU "rivalry" or relationship.

I guarantee you fewer north Louisianians know about Tech beating NSU in 2017 than know about NSU beating Tech in 2014. (You just walked right into it, and didn't have a clue.)

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    Exactly my point!

All this "LSU is our Super Bowl" reeks of the way NSU thinks of (worships) Tech. The very posters who made that case, then got their panties in a wad when called out about it, doubled down by saying the ONLY thing that matters to NSU fans was beating us in 2014, and equating Tech to beating LSU to that! I say NO! LSU is not that important to us.

I suppose HD, Tech52, and Geaux Dawgs will want Tech to paint something on campus "We beat LSU!" That's what NSU did. They bought hundreds of footballs and had the score and date printed on them, and then gave (and sold) the commemorative balls to politicians, business leaders, whomever. It is so small-minded. It's disgustedly self-deprecating. I thought we (Tech Nation) had grown beyond that. Most of us have, but some are stuck in the old Southland Conference mindset of the past.

I don't know the other two very well, but I am surprised by HD's position on this. He's been one of the best, most leveled-headed posters on this forum, seeing the big picture and having a vision for Tech climbing the ladder in the highly competitive college sports world. But this...
    To summarize: Dawg80 is scaaaaaaaaaaaaared of LSU. Poor thing.

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    Don't say "no one" gives a shit about winning the WAC in 2001. Some of us remember that blustery (windy) day in Tulsa when the Dawgs won the conference championship, fondly. "Give the Ball to Joe!" I can't speak for others, but winning CHAMPIONSHIPS means more to me than any one game 99.9999999% of CFB fans don't remember. And, don't care about. You actually think Ba
    That's right, you can't speak for others. And just for the record, I started that "Give the ball to Joe" chant that day in Tulsa. That was a chant directed to our coaches, more specifically OC Conroy Hines. My friends and I wanted to make sure LA Tech's coaches KNEW how to win a championship since no one had experienced one in decades. So we literally told 'em how to do it.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    To summarize: Dawg80 is scaaaaaaaaaaaaared of LSU. Poor thing.
    In my best Dr. Evil voice: Riggggghhhtt....

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

That's right, you can't speak for others. And just for the record, I started that "Give the ball to Joe" chant that day in Tulsa. That was a chant directed to our coaches, more specifically OC Conroy Hines. My friends and I wanted to make sure LA Tech's coaches KNEW how to win a championship since no one had experienced one in decades. So we literally told 'em how to do it.
    I'm sorry....what game was that? I forget. Who cares? It's not Bama or the tiggers, so no one cares about your silly chant and some stupid meaningless game.

Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute

That's right, you can't speak for others. And just for the record, I started that "Give the ball to Joe" chant that day in Tulsa..
    Aubunique started that chant

Champ Champ967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond repute Champ967's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cool Hand Clyde View Post
    This.
    Everybody who was there knows that DonW and ol' grandpa Aubrey started that chant.

But then again, HD would take credit for "Help Jack Pack", "Move the Chains", and "How Bout Dem Dawgs" if he though he could get away with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Cool Hand Clyde View Post
    Nope. I got witnesses.

Damn, are you ever right about anything CHC?

Quote Originally Posted by Champ967 View Post
    This. Everybody who was there knows that DonW and ol' grandpa Aubrey started that chant.

But then again, HD would take credit for "Help Jack Pack", "Move the Chains", and "How Bout Dem Dawgs" if he though he could get away with it.
    LOL!!! ........annnnnnd cue the really weird one. Oh great.

Nope, I can't take credit for any of those chants EXCEPT, "give the ball to Joe".

Champ ChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond repute

I remember Papadawg and I FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEZING that day in Tulsa. But yeah, "Give the Ball to Joe!" was ringing from the GREAT showing of Tech fans who'd made the trip. Fun times for sure.

Not so much the temp....it was that wind! Like a giant leaf blower. Did clean the stadium though, blew all the trash down the street.

Oh....but I can't believe we even remember all of this stuff. That was "just" a WAC Championship way back in 2001. It wasn't a win over LSU or Bama or some really significant game. According to some, we shouldn't even attend games like that. What a waste of time! Save your money, and your fanship, for our Super Bowls!!!

+ Reply to Thread