+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Blue Dawg's Weekly Sagarin Football Thread 2020

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

Poll Blue Dawg's Weekly Sagarin Football Thread 2020

Several swing games here. This season is our opportunity to make a big, big splash. But isn't every season?

CUSA is, not shockingly, the worst FBS conference (and especially CUSA West). I look forward to many posts about culling the weak, but never any actual action taken.

I'm thinking the following. Based on the win percentages, our most likely record is 7-4 (rather than the straight up 9-2).
    • Baylor is close in the first half (down 10 at the half), but we lose by 21.
    • We will beat UNT (a game we're not supposed to win)
    • We will lose to UTSA (a game we're not supposed to lose)
    • The two remaining losses are Marshall and FIU (last game of the season, Skip will be planning for the bowl game)
    • Our final rank will be ~70. Once again, despite having a worse record against lousy opponents, ULL will have a higher rating.

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Re: Blue Dawg's Weekly Sagarin Football Thread 2020

Yes! Thanks for this!
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

Moderator & 2008 NFL Survivor Contest Champion sportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond repute sportdawg's Avatar

I thought only 65+ teams are playing
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue Dawg View Post

Several swing games here. This season is our opportunity to make a big, big splash. But isn't every season?

CUSA is, not shockingly, the worst FBS conference (and especially CUSA West). I look forward to many posts about culling the weak, but never any actual action taken.

I'm thinking the following. Based on the win percentages, our most likely record is 7-4 (rather than the straight up 9-2).
    • Baylor is close in the first half (down 10 at the half), but we lose by 21.
    • We will beat UNT (a game we're not supposed to win)
    • We will lose to UTSA (a game we're not supposed to lose)
    • The two remaining losses are Marshall and FIU (last game of the season, Skip will be planning for the bowl game)
    • Our final rank will be ~70. Once again, despite having a worse record against lousy opponents, ULL will have a higher rating.

Champ Bulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant future Bulldog Tom's Avatar

Now it feels like football season!

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by sportdawg View Post
    I thought only 65+ teams are playing
    Hey man, I just scrape

I've got no idea if he's going to update the active team list or just let the inactives fall to the bottom

I wasn't thinking of that when I made my final prediction so: 70/130 = #35

Figured it would take a mass panic to break into the Top 40

Champ BruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud of

We all know that there needs to be two different playoff systems in FBS. The G5 need their own playoff system perhaps using the bowl system already in place just like the FBS system is now. Of course the better way would be to have a pure playoff system like FCS but that aint gonna happen. Take the conference champs plus top (3) at large and do 8 team playoff for G5 national champ. We can still go to Baylor and get beat in regular season for $. Most years the best of CUSA can play with any of the best in other G5 conferences whether CUSA as a whole is top heavy. I think it irrelevant which G5 conference we are in under the current system. Play for conference championship and the best bowl game you can get into. However, a national championship among G5s would sweetin the pot

2003 BB&B Basketball Pick 'Em Champion inudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond repute inudesu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BruceWillisDawg View Post
    We all know that there needs to be two different playoff systems in FBS. The G5 need their own playoff system perhaps using the bowl system already in place just like the FBS system is now. Of course the better way would be to have a pure playoff system like FCS but that aint gonna happen. Take the conference champs plus top (3) at large and do 8 team playoff for G5 national champ. We can still go to Baylor and get beat in regular season for $. Most years the best of CUSA can play with any of the best in other G5 conferences whether CUSA as a whole is top heavy. I think it irrelevant which G5 conference we are in under the current system. Play for conference championship and the best bowl game you can get into. However, a national championship among G5s would sweetin the pot
    I don't know if "we all know that."

I agree that as structured there is little to no hope for a G5 team to win a championship. And that for most practical purposes we probably really do have 5 football divisions in NCAA football, not 4 (or 3, I guess).

But I'm not sure I'm ready to re-split formally to a Div 3, Div 2, FCS, G5, P5 tier system (but if they do this, can they fix the silly naming system - just copy high school or something and have A-AAAAA).

An entirely separate kids table is more insulting than blatant favoritism at the adults table.

Champ Bulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant future Bulldog Tom's Avatar

As long as there are at large bids we might make the playoff some years.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by inudesu View Post
    I don't know if "we all know that."

I agree that as structured there is little to no hope for a G5 team to win a championship. And that for most practical purposes we probably really do have 5 football divisions in NCAA football, not 4 (or 3, I guess).

But I'm not sure I'm ready to re-split formally to a Div 3, Div 2, FCS, G5, P5 tier system (but if they do this, can they fix the silly naming system - just copy high school or something and have A-AAAAA).
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue Dawg View Post
    An entirely separate kids table is more insulting than blatant favoritism at the adults table.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog Tom View Post
    As long as there are at large bids we might make the playoff some years.
    All great points. We are 1A (FBS)because the FCS (1AA)was a losing proposition.

Poll Blue Dawg's Weekly Sagarin Football Thread 2020, Week 1

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

So, Sagarin has us losing to UNT because of the home field? Doesn't Jeff Sagarin know LA Tech always beat UNT at Apogee?

By the way, I certainly hope we are better than UNT. The Lean Green gave up 31 points and 531 yds of offense to an FCS school (Houston Baptist) last week.

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    So, Sagarin has us losing to UNT because of the home field? Doesn't Jeff Sagarin know LA Tech always beat UNT at Apogee?

By the way, I certainly hope we are better than UNT. The Lean Green gave up 31 points and 531 yds of offense to an FCS school (Houston Baptist) last week.
    It's trending in the right direction!

A surprise to be sure, but a welcome one.

+ Reply to Thread