+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: M. Basketball. Balanced Offensive Charge Sparks Tech to 83-65 Win

Puppy bskelley15 is a glorious beacon of lightbskelley15 is a glorious beacon of lightbskelley15 is a glorious beacon of lightbskelley15 is a glorious beacon of lightbskelley15 is a glorious beacon of lightbskelley15 is a glorious beacon of lightbskelley15 is a glorious beacon of lightbskelley15 is a glorious beacon of lightbskelley15 is a glorious beacon of lightbskelley15 is a glorious beacon of lightbskelley15 is a glorious beacon of light

Re: M. Basketball. LA Tech Begins Four-Game Home Stand versus Charlotte

From my seat, Boykins earned his ejection by clearly pointing at the defender on the ground after a dunk. I'm pretty sure that's an automatic technical at any level of basketball. I suspect the first technical involved at least one of George Carlin's "Seven Words".

Champ Tech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant future Tech52's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bskelley15 View Post
    From my seat, Boykins earned his ejection by clearly pointing at the defender on the ground after a dunk. I'm pretty sure that's an automatic technical at any level of basketball. I suspect the first technical involved at least one of George Carlin's "Seven Words".
    https://twitter.com/beincollege/stat...89563890028544

There is no pointing, nor does he say anything.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

I watched on BEIN sports and agreed with the announcers (they were clearly shocked at the Refs calls). The first one might have been a word, but the second one on Boykins was just a big smile. They were whistle happy on the T's against Tech. It was pretty ridiculous.

Big Dog b00mer1 is a glorious beacon of lightb00mer1 is a glorious beacon of lightb00mer1 is a glorious beacon of lightb00mer1 is a glorious beacon of lightb00mer1 is a glorious beacon of lightb00mer1 is a glorious beacon of lightb00mer1 is a glorious beacon of lightb00mer1 is a glorious beacon of lightb00mer1 is a glorious beacon of lightb00mer1 is a glorious beacon of lightb00mer1 is a glorious beacon of light

So, we are fighting just to make the CUSA tournament and our Dawgs are trash talking????? Wow, this team needs a leader and discipline....

I'll be at the UTSA game in a few weeks, we beat them the last three years at their high school gym but I am not sure we will this year. If any of our Dawgs "trash talk" at the game, I will boo them! I was graduating high school the last time we made it to the big tournament (25+ years ago). We have no reason to be trash talking to anyone!

Glad we got the win though...

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Dawg View Post
    Arkansas has a deal where if they win there's a discount on the next game. I haven't been to a game yet that's not packed.
    On TV it looked like we had maybe 500 in the red seats. As usual our no shame SLC AD announces 3600 plus.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tech52 View Post
    https://twitter.com/beincollege/stat...89563890028544

There is no pointing, nor does he say anything.
    Boykins looked straight at the player on the floor and his right hand shot out in that player's direction. It sure looked like pointing. I don't know if Boykins said anything, but that is irrelevant because the ref who called the T was behind Boykins and couldn't have known if anything was said. Clearly...to anyone with an ounce of sense....the ref saw Boykins' right hand point toward the other player. Now, whether or not it was enough to warrant a T is debatable. But to say "there is no pointing" is clearly wrong too.

Also, the TV guy says, predictably, and I HATE THIS! "a player of Boykins' status shouldn't be ejected....the fans come to see players like Boykins" Oh....so if you're good the rules shouldn't apply to you. If you're some schmuck off the bench, well yeah, you have to adhere to the rules.

Champ touchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond repute touchdown123's Avatar

Weakest techs in the history of the sport. Hands down.

Champ Geaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond repute

Technical and ejection was so bad its on Sportscenter

Champ kw2292 has much to be proud ofkw2292 has much to be proud ofkw2292 has much to be proud ofkw2292 has much to be proud ofkw2292 has much to be proud ofkw2292 has much to be proud ofkw2292 has much to be proud ofkw2292 has much to be proud ofkw2292 has much to be proud ofkw2292 has much to be proud ofkw2292 has much to be proud of

Quote Originally Posted by Geaux Dawgs View Post
    Technical and ejection was so bad its on Sportscenter
    We make Sportcenter for all the best reasons this year. #3rdand93

Champ Geaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by kw2292 View Post
    We make Sportcenter for all the best reasons this year. #3rdand93
    Those refs will be reprimanded......those calls were THAT bad

2003 BB&B Basketball Pick 'Em Champion inudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond repute inudesu's Avatar

Y'all think Richard or Wooldridge would have seen the end of that game after that call?

Champ Tech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant future Tech52's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    Boykins looked straight at the player on the floor and his right hand shot out in that player's direction. It sure looked like pointing. I don't know if Boykins said anything, but that is irrelevant because the ref who called the T was behind Boykins and couldn't have known if anything was said. Clearly...to anyone with an ounce of sense....the ref saw Boykins' right hand point toward the other player. Now, whether or not it was enough to warrant a T is debatable. But to say "there is no pointing" is clearly wrong too.

Also, the TV guy says, predictably, and I HATE THIS! "a player of Boykins' status shouldn't be ejected....the fans come to see players like Boykins" Oh....so if you're good the rules shouldn't apply to you. If you're some schmuck off the bench, well yeah, you have to adhere to the rules.
    Do you consider a fist pointing? Because there is no finger extended to "point" with. The ref had no right to call that, especially with another ref 2 feet away from Boykins.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Both T's happened on my end -

First one was as bad or worse than the first when the Charlotte player's shot was blocked

Second one was really bad - after the steal the UNCC player slide and tried to cut Cobi's feet out from under him on the dunk and Cobi looked back and gave him what I would call "the wry eye" - didn't stare him down or anything - the T came from the official at mid court who was 45 feet away

Konkol exploded on Padilla the side ref and the Guillory came over to give his weak as explanation, he backed off once he knew he had made his point and honestly another T there and it might not of been good for us

Guillory was after Cobi from the opening tip, it was very evident to anyone there

That was a very unprofessional crew last night - one of the worst I've seen

The outcry on twitter and on other social media and then espn - validates the utter stupidity of the call

To Cobi's credit - he immediately left the court and went to the locker room - to keep the situation from further escalating

Within the next five minutes - #3 Davis on UNCC gave two fore-arm shivers on offensive drives to our defenders that would of made Dr Death Steve Williams proud - Jean and Washington and both were give blocking fouls, both calls were made by Guillory the ref who called all 4 of the previous T's

It really is pathetic our AD doesn't have the balls to make a formal complaint and cull come of these pathetic baffoons that parade as refs
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Moderator & 2008 NFL Survivor Contest Champion sportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond repute sportdawg's Avatar

Re: M. Basketball. Balanced Offensive Charge Sparks Tech to 83-65 Win

Champ skilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond repute skilldawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by inudesu View Post
    Y'all think Richard or Wooldridge would have seen the end of that game after that call?
    No. And neither would have White, TJE, Russo, JD Barnett or Scotty. That is as far back as I go as a fan. I am not so sure that Rupp and Loyd shouldn’t be included.

+ Reply to Thread