+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 02/10: MBB vs. ODU

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

Re: 02/10: MBB vs. ODU

Quote Originally Posted by DogsWin View Post
    Middle TN's center Brandon Walters will look like Shaquille O'Neal in his prime against us next Saturday.
    That's really no great feat, we make everyone look good

Champ Tech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant future Tech52's Avatar

We seemed to stop playing with too much effort until the game was pretty much lost.

I'm just a bot - I can't respond to your posts News_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the rough News_Bot's Avatar

M. Basketball. Bulldogs Fall to Hot-Shooting Monarchs

A new article has been posted on www.latechsports.com:

A young Louisiana Tech team ran into an experienced Old Dominion squad that came into Ruston for a second time in the series and left with a victory, downing the Bulldogs by a final score of 82-69 on Saturday night inside the Thomas Assembly Center.

More...

Discuss it here.

Champ markay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant future markay714's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FriscoDawg View Post
    Refs are playing little or no part in this butt-whoopin'.

Fundamentally good basketball team >>>>> Fundamentally bad basketball team
    I was thinking we needed the refs from the other game back....to T up some of the ODU players to get them off of the court for no reason. There wasn't really another way to get them off the court and the ball out of the basket tonight!

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by skilldawg View Post
    ... I ran through 1,200 times
    Won’t have to rock you to sleep

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Re: M. Basketball. Bulldogs Fall to Hot-Shooting Monarchs

4031 announced. For those who may not know that's WAY over 1/2 full. Our AD is doing a great job of getting the fans out.

Champ Cal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond repute Cal&Ken's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    4031 announced. For those who may not know that's WAY over 1/2 full. Our AD is doing a great job of getting the fans out.
    I laughed when I heard that number. I don't really care that they pad the number, but that was hilarious!

2006 & 2011 BB&B Men's Bracket Champion (investigation underway) boxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond repute

Now that soccer is over, I made this one along with the next two. The best way to truly evaluate our team is against the better teams in conference. We lack scoring, pure and simple. That's why Bracey had to do so much before the injury and that's why we aren't beating decent teams now. With Bracey obviously hindered, we can't match points with teams that score. ODU definitely shot it extraordinarily well in the first half. That said, we don't have enough weapons without Bracey. The "rotation" is screwy--no rhyme or rhythm to it. Boykins played well but his contribution is obscured by our deficiencies.

Our homecourt advantage is minimal. In fact, I've watched 5 home games and I think we've lost 4 of them.
    Have you considered those Dogs?

Champ MiloBumP has a reputation beyond reputeMiloBumP has a reputation beyond reputeMiloBumP has a reputation beyond reputeMiloBumP has a reputation beyond reputeMiloBumP has a reputation beyond reputeMiloBumP has a reputation beyond reputeMiloBumP has a reputation beyond reputeMiloBumP has a reputation beyond reputeMiloBumP has a reputation beyond reputeMiloBumP has a reputation beyond reputeMiloBumP has a reputation beyond repute

What was the final score?

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MiloBumP View Post
    What was the final score?
    82-69, but it wasn't that close. It was over from the tip. We trailed by 20+ points most of the game. We were never in the ballgame. This was our first double-digit home loss since losing to Utah State in 2011.

But I will say our guys didn't quit. Our guys hustled til the final horn sounded. That's not something we could say earlier in the season.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cal&Ken View Post
    I laughed when I heard that number. I don't really care that they pad the number, but that was hilarious!
    He and his tall boy are sensitive to what they hear about on THE BBB.

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

I wish there was a requirement to properly report these numbers. Show ticket sales if you must, but also show actual attendance. Unwavering dedication is great as far as sales go, but attendance is 1 indicator of relevance.

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by techman05 View Post
    I wish there was a requirement to properly report these numbers. Show ticket sales if you must, but also show actual attendance. Unwavering dedication is great as far as sales go, but attendance is 1 indicator of relevance.
    Yea, but they pad the number so they can prove that nothing needs to change.

If the real number were known, they might be forced to actually get off their asses and do some work.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

LA Tech with 20 turnovers. On our own home court. And we attempted 30 3-pointers. (Yes, I know we hit 13 of 'em, but that was mostly after were were down 20 points, so I'm sure we were gambling at that point.)

WTF kind of basketball is this? On paper this looks like "lazy" basketball......where the team doesn't want to work for an open shot, so they just chunk it up. And of course they get very sloppy on the offensive end, hence the 20 turnovers.

I guess the Dogs are too lazy to run plays and use the entire court.

Champ Dixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond repute Dixonfor6's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by boxerdog View Post
    Now that soccer is over, I made this one along with the next two. The best way to truly evaluate our team is against the better teams in conference. We lack scoring, pure and simple. That's why Bracey had to do so much before the injury and that's why we aren't beating decent teams now. With Bracey obviously hindered, we can't match points with teams that score. ODU definitely shot it extraordinarily well in the first half. That said, we don't have enough weapons without Bracey. The "rotation" is screwy--no rhyme or rhythm to it. Boykins played well but his contribution is obscured by our deficiencies.

Our homecourt advantage is minimal. In fact, I've watched 5 home games and I think we've lost 4 of them.
    That sucks. Pemberton, christon, Archibald filled it up in high school. Duruji is so athletic I hope he gets to where he can slash at will. His three ball looks nice. I wish Jean was more consistent with ppg.

We need a 16/9 guy down low that can body up and play D. NSU has a Louisiana guy last year as their best big and he is huge. Wonder why we didn’t go after him.

+ Reply to Thread