+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 247 --Rivals--Scout ??

Champ Dogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond repute Dogsince65's Avatar

Question 247 --Rivals--Scout ??

type of post when not much going on -- I always checked out Rivals but nothing else till a few years ago -- I learned on BBB that 247 and Scout were available and think I was told 247 was the best-- problem is I am getting more senile and not sure who is best source.
    I am loving 247 because they ranked us #2/#3 in CUSA -- So my question is to those who look at all 3 -- who has best reputation

again, this post started because not much else to post about

Big Dog tech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to all

Re: 247 --Rivals--Scout ??

I can only speak on Rivals, the person who covers Tech is very good and does a great job . He has a radio show as well .
    I suggest you try it for a month @ $9.95 and make your decision.

Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by tech70 View Post
    I can only speak on Rivals, the person who covers Tech is very good and does a great job . He has a radio show as well .
    I suggest you try it for a month @ $9.95 and make your decision.
    Well worth $10 a month.

Champ detltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond repute

If you are speaking of recruiting rankings I think the consensus is 247 is the best. If you are looking for Tech coverage, Rivals is the best and as others have said well worth the join.

Champ FriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond repute FriscoDog's Avatar

Do recruit ranking websites still take players and "downgrade" them if they pick a non-p5 school such as Tech as they have done in the past?

Champ Dixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond repute Dixonfor6's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FriscoDog View Post
    Do recruit ranking websites still take players and "downgrade" them if they pick a non-p5 school such as Tech as they have done in the past?
    A lot of times they will re-evaluate a lower player after he gets bigger offers. It makes sense to me.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Will any publication or coach ever talk about "football speed" vs. 40 time?

Big Dog tech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to all

Quote Originally Posted by Dixonfor6 View Post
    A lot of times they will re-evaluate a lower player after he gets bigger offers. It makes sense to me.
    Think about this, if a player commits/ signs with a school that is not perceived to be a power they will drop his rating. This happened to Mike Leach when he was at Texas Tech. The ratings are a guide only and are subjective . If Smoke were 2 inches taller he would have been a 4 star and if he had signed with Alabama he would have been a 5 star.

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dogsince65 View Post
    type of post when not much going on -- I always checked out Rivals but nothing else till a few years ago -- I learned on BBB that 247 and Scout were available and think I was told 247 was the best-- problem is I am getting more senile and not sure who is best source.
    I am loving 247 because they ranked us #2/#3 in CUSA -- So my question is to those who look at all 3 -- who has best reputation

again, this post started because not much else to post about
    247Sports is lapping the competition. 247Sports purchased Scout and have left Rivals and ESPN Recruiting in their dust. 247Sports composite rankings also include evaluations by Rivals and ESPN (and Scout before they bought them) to increase the sample size of player evaluations so 247Sports produces consensus rankings.

But like many have said, 247Sports doesn't have a Louisiana Tech publisher like Rivals does.

Champ Dixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond repute Dixonfor6's Avatar

Think about this, if a player commits/ signs with a school that is not perceived to be a power they will drop his rating. This happened to Mike Leach when he was at Texas Tech. The ratings are a guide only and are subjective . If Smoke were 2 inches taller he would have been a 4 star and if he had signed with Alabama he would have been a 5 star.
    They don’t just hand out five star ratings. If he were 5’8 instead of 5’6 I don’t think that makes enough difference. Marcus Gaines was that 5’6 playmaker in high school. He had a respectable career at Tech but never made a huge difference.

And to add to my point, Bama signed 2 five star recruits this year. So I doubt smoke would have been 5*.

Champ Dogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond repute Dogsince65's Avatar

but lately Holtz has been signing young man who have SEC offers and ranking staying same. I would think if recruit has several SEC offers and comes to Tech his rating would not change-- but we have all seen 3-4 star guys not perform and guys with chip on shoulder go on to the pros after great career at Tech --

Quote Originally Posted by Dawg06 View Post
    247Sports is lapping the competition. 247Sports purchased Scout and have left Rivals and ESPN Recruiting in their dust. 247Sports composite rankings also include evaluations by Rivals and ESPN (and Scout before they bought them) to increase the sample size of player evaluations so 247Sports produces consensus rankings.

But like many have said, 247Sports doesn't have a Louisiana Tech publisher like Rivals does.
    think you are one who posted about 24-7 few years ago -

+ Reply to Thread