+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 36

Thread: ECU Holtz vs LA Tech Holtz

  1. #16
    Champ olddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond repute
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Dallas, Texas
    Posts
    5,271

    Re: ECU Holtz vs LA Tech Holtz

    Quote Originally Posted by Tech52 View Post
    But to the point that it is higher on the list than a championship?
    That's a good question, but since we can't beat USM or win a championship, I have a hard time evaluating which is higher on the list.

    Further it seems weak to claim a game is a "rivalry" just by proclaiming it as such. That probably tells you how I would vote.

  2. #17
    Champ Tech52 is a name known to allTech52 is a name known to allTech52 is a name known to allTech52 is a name known to allTech52 is a name known to allTech52 is a name known to allTech52 is a name known to allTech52 is a name known to allTech52 is a name known to allTech52 is a name known to allTech52 is a name known to all Tech52's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    1,559

    Re: ECU Holtz vs LA Tech Holtz

    Quote Originally Posted by olddog75 View Post
    That's a good question, but since we can't beat USM or win a championship, I have a hard time evaluating which is higher on the list.

    Further it seems weak to claim a game is a "rivalry" just by proclaiming it as such. That probably tells you how I would vote.
    Rivalry just feels like the entire fanbase should be disliking the opponent. I dont feel that really applies with anyone we play. Where the older fans hate the team and the youger fans/students do as well... It just doesn't seem there.

  3. #18
    Champ Houston Techsan has a brilliant futureHouston Techsan has a brilliant futureHouston Techsan has a brilliant futureHouston Techsan has a brilliant futureHouston Techsan has a brilliant futureHouston Techsan has a brilliant futureHouston Techsan has a brilliant futureHouston Techsan has a brilliant futureHouston Techsan has a brilliant futureHouston Techsan has a brilliant futureHouston Techsan has a brilliant future
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Houston, Texas
    Posts
    4,134

    Re: ECU Holtz vs LA Tech Holtz

    We have a couple of teams we don't like - UTSA and UAB - but it's not at a real rivalry level yet. Both teams have beaten us only once I believe, but we just don't like them. I looked at our schedule and really don't see a real hate their guts rival. Actually back in the old days I really didn't feel that way about Northwestern even though we split the four games while I was there. If we continue to play SMU they could become a good rival for us, but they still consider they're in the same league as Baylor and TCU. They're a team you can hate.

  4. #19
    Champ olddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond repute
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Dallas, Texas
    Posts
    5,271

    Re: ECU Holtz vs LA Tech Holtz

    Quote Originally Posted by Tech52 View Post
    Rivalry just feels like the entire fanbase should be disliking the opponent. I dont feel that really applies with anyone we play. Where the older fans hate the team and the youger fans/students do as well... It just doesn't seem there.
    I agree, we are attempting to manufacture a rivalry because we need one and don't have any rivalries. As one of those older fans, USM wasn't a rivalry in the 1970's either.

  5. #20
    Champ Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Fayetteville, AR
    Posts
    9,658

    Re: ECU Holtz vs LA Tech Holtz

    Quote Originally Posted by olddog75 View Post
    That's a good question, but since we can't beat USM or win a championship, I have a hard time evaluating which is higher on the list.
    Road to the championship goes through Hattiesburg, it seems. They're back on the rise while we wasted our time on the ladder.

    And we'd naturally play them first before the championship, so it'd be higher on the list

    But since Holtz is capable of neither, it's really just off-season banter.

  6. #21
    Champ Tech52 is a name known to allTech52 is a name known to allTech52 is a name known to allTech52 is a name known to allTech52 is a name known to allTech52 is a name known to allTech52 is a name known to allTech52 is a name known to allTech52 is a name known to allTech52 is a name known to allTech52 is a name known to all Tech52's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    1,559

    Re: ECU Holtz vs LA Tech Holtz

    Quote Originally Posted by Blue Dawg View Post
    Road to the championship goes through Hattiesburg, it seems. They're back on the rise while we wasted our time on the ladder.

    And we'd naturally play them first before the championship, so it'd be higher on the list

    But since Holtz is capable of neither, it's really just off-season banter.
    Nah. They are just mediocre. It'll be North Texas until someone (hopefully us) proves otherwise. All played fairly close games last year so its not like anyone is leagues ahead.

  7. #22
    Big Dog Bulldog Tom is a splendid one to beholdBulldog Tom is a splendid one to beholdBulldog Tom is a splendid one to beholdBulldog Tom is a splendid one to beholdBulldog Tom is a splendid one to beholdBulldog Tom is a splendid one to beholdBulldog Tom is a splendid one to beholdBulldog Tom is a splendid one to beholdBulldog Tom is a splendid one to beholdBulldog Tom is a splendid one to beholdBulldog Tom is a splendid one to behold Bulldog Tom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    661

    Re: ECU Holtz vs LA Tech Holtz

    The "ECU Holtz" is much, much better. CUSA was a pretty good conference then and he won a couple of championships. We just need to hope we never get the "USF Holtz", that guy was really terrible, much worse than the "Tech Holtz." It is that "USF Holtz" that will keep Skip in Ruston for years to come regardless of your opinion of his time here. IMO unless he starts enjoying much more success than nine win seasons with no conference championships; no Power 5 schools will hire him away.

  8. #23
    Big Dog eagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to behold
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    787

    Re: ECU Holtz vs LA Tech Holtz

    Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog Tom View Post
    The "ECU Holtz" is much, much better. CUSA was a pretty good conference then and he won a couple of championships. We just need to hope we never get the "USF Holtz", that guy was really terrible, much worse than the "Tech Holtz." It is that "USF Holtz" that will keep Skip in Ruston for years to come regardless of your opinion of his time here. IMO unless he starts enjoying much more success than nine win seasons with no conference championships; no Power 5 schools will hire him away.
    Skip isn’t going anywhere unless we fire him or he accepts a position that would be considered a lateral move or slight upgrade. Are 8-9 win seasons and a bowl game acceptable to the hard core fan base?

  9. #24
    Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute Cool Hand Clyde's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Memphis, TN
    Posts
    14,324

    Re: ECU Holtz vs LA Tech Holtz

    No fake fans allowed on the bandwagon when Coach Holtz raises the CUSA championship. You know who you are

  10. #25
    Champ Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Fayetteville, AR
    Posts
    9,658

    Re: ECU Holtz vs LA Tech Holtz

    Quote Originally Posted by eagle2180 View Post
    Skip isn’t going anywhere unless we fire him or he accepts a position that would be considered a lateral move or slight upgrade. Are 8-9 win seasons and a bowl game acceptable to the hard core fan base?
    Yes.

    Quote Originally Posted by Cool Hand Clyde View Post
    No fake fans allowed on the bandwagon when Coach Holtz raises the CUSA championship. You know who you are
    He's welcome to prove us wrong.

  11. #26
    Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute Cool Hand Clyde's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Memphis, TN
    Posts
    14,324

    Re: ECU Holtz vs LA Tech Holtz

    Quote Originally Posted by Blue Dawg View Post
    Yes.



    He's welcome to prove us wrong.
    #fakefan

  12. #27
    Champ Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Fayetteville, AR
    Posts
    9,658

    Re: ECU Holtz vs LA Tech Holtz

    Quote Originally Posted by Cool Hand Clyde View Post
    #fakefan
    After all the shit Holtz has put me through and I'm stilll here?

  13. #28
    Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Posts
    28,289

    Re: ECU Holtz vs LA Tech Holtz

    Quote Originally Posted by Blue Dawg View Post
    After all the shit Holtz has put me through and I'm stilll here?
    I don't think he has put us thru "shit." Overall he's done a "good" job here. Like others I want more. I want CUSA championships (plural) and I want 10+ win seasons (plural), and I want a Top 25 finish, or two, and I want an Access Bowl berth (at least once). For some on BB&B my wanting these accomplishments makes me an anti-Holtz ogre! Is that because THEY THINK Holtz is incapable of accomplishing it? Hmmmm...? Maybe it is THEY who are anti-Holtzers. I have always said I like Skip Holtz, as a coach and as a person. I just set the bar for Tech Football higher than he, heretofore, has been able to accomplish. And I'm perfectly okay with Holtz being the coach to take us to that promised land I desire. JUST DO IT!

  14. #29
    Champ Cal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond repute Cal&Ken's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Bossier City
    Posts
    7,144

    Re: ECU Holtz vs LA Tech Holtz

    Quote Originally Posted by Cool Hand Clyde View Post
    #fakefan
    Aren’t we all “fake fans” if we are on this site?

  15. #30
    Champ Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Fayetteville, AR
    Posts
    9,658

    Re: ECU Holtz vs LA Tech Holtz

    Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    I don't think he has put us thru "shit." Overall he's done a "good" job here. Like others I want more. I want CUSA championships (plural) and I want 10+ win seasons (plural), and I want a Top 25 finish, or two, and I want an Access Bowl berth (at least once). For some on BB&B my wanting these accomplishments makes me an anti-Holtz ogre! Is that because THEY THINK Holtz is incapable of accomplishing it? Hmmmm...? Maybe it is THEY who are anti-Holtzers. I have always said I like Skip Holtz, as a coach and as a person. I just set the bar for Tech Football higher than he, heretofore, has been able to accomplish. And I'm perfectly okay with Holtz being the coach to take us to that promised land I desire. JUST DO IT!
    Ask me at the end of MSU, MSU, USM, USM, WKU, USC, NWSt, UAB...

    But I agree. I appreciate what he's done so far, very much. I don't NOT want 4 bowl wins in a row!

    But I want those things you want. And I'm not sure he can do it. That's not a knock on him as a person. And he's welcome to make me eat crow

    My fandom can't be called into question simply because I want something he's not been able to deliver despite ostensible talent.

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts