+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: ECU Holtz vs LA Tech Holtz

Champ Dogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond repute Dogsince65's Avatar

Re: ECU Holtz vs LA Tech Holtz

My thing about Skip is that he has dedicated himself to recruiting for FUTURE of Tech-- not just 1-2 years and leave. We had 16 -3 star recruits according to 24-7 this year and he is getting players p-5 schools recruited. people still adore the coaches who saw us as stepping stone.
    for the heck of it see how many 3 star recruits we had in the 10 years before Dooley== about 3 TOTAL in 10 years. Skip has loaded us up with talent -- lot of folks believe we will get a superstar coach and he will be looking to be a success and bail asap -- anybody disagree??

Lot of posters I think are just plain wrong or living in alternate world but I consider them "die hard dogs" - big negative, un appreciating posters but they are die hard fans-- I am not worried with my "sunshine pumper" nickname, added the Sunshine and dumbass Alfred E Newman as Icon ( kind of a joke) --
    I am just a big Fan of Holtz and believe we are headed in right direction--

Champ Dogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond repute Dogsince65's Avatar

So Kippin lost his defensive co-ordinator and offensive co-ordinator . Welcome to success -- even your brother bails for more money or bigger programs .

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Lane Kiffin has suffered coaching losses? Hah, good! Maybe FAU will tumble back to where they belong, 2-10 and dern glad to have got those 2!

As for Holtz, he has never posted a 10-win season in FBS. His UCONN team finished 10-3 once, but that was the old I-AA(FCS). And even at that, that's exactly ONE 10-win season. He has five 9-win seasons, 3 with us, 2 at ECU. He is 6-3 in bowls. His USF team beat Clemson in a bowl game. His ECU team was 1-3 in bowls, the one was over Boazy. So, he came to Tech 2-3 in bowls....6-3 now.

His career record as a HC is 126-99, over 18 years. That's an average of 7-5.5, or 7-6 if you round up the losses. Guess that means 2017 was just a run-of-the-mill season for him. In just FBS he is 92-76 over 13 years, 7-5.8, or again 7-6. Remarkably consistent....consistently mediocre.

He is a "good" coach, as I've said.

I'd like a "great" coach like we had in WBB (Barmore) and in MBB (Russo)....that was fun.

Champ Bulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant future Bulldog Tom's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dogsince65 View Post
    So Kippin lost his defensive co-ordinator and offensive co-ordinator . Welcome to success -- even your brother bails for more money or bigger programs .
    His defensive coordinator was his brother who is under a show cause penalty, which caused him to be unable to recruit. So he Pretty much had to leave the college ranks for the NFL or high school. He took a low level job in San Francisco and will be back to college in two years, unless he hits in big in the NFL.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dogsince65 View Post
    My thing about Skip is that he has dedicated himself to recruiting for FUTURE of Tech-- not just 1-2 years and leave.-
    Last year he was in his 5th year. He struggled to win 6 games against a VERY weak sked. That's my thing about "Skip's dedication" to the future.

He ain't leavin' for another HC position.

Champ Built4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond repute Built4Speed's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tech52 View Post
    But to the point that it is higher on the list than a championship?
    Ric Flair would say to be the best, you gotta beat the best. Not that the West runs through HBurg without fail, but beating them will almost absolutely be step one in securing a championship game bid.

Oh yeah, and.. WOOOOOOO

+ Reply to Thread