+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Wonder What Amik is Doing Now?

Champ Dogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond repute Dogsince65's Avatar

Re: Wonder What Amik is Doing Now?

Quote Originally Posted by WWDog View Post
    How about getting some chemistry with his receivers in the off season. I believe many QBs and receivers do this on their own. To me it was obvious that there was not a lot of chemistry this last year. I think Smith can be a really good QB if that chemistry is developed. I have felt he had the potential last season but just lacked that extra connection when the game started.
    OOPs--I posted similar thought before I saw this--- I remember Tommy Spinks running routes all the offseason working on timing with Terry and backup qb (Diaz?)
    Tim and Troy read each others mind on routes . that chemistry was missing last year --

Champ Houston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Dogsince65 View Post
    OOPs--I posted similar thought before I saw this--- I remember Tommy Spinks running routes all the offseason working on timing with Terry and backup qb (Diaz?)
    Tim and Troy read each others mind on routes . that chemistry was missing last year --
    Terry Bradshaw backup = Ken Lantrip? I don't remember seeing much of him my Senior Year.

Champ hambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond repute

When you have accuracy issues throwing the football, an offseason of throwing a baseball will not help. Hope he improves or hope he is beat out. The thought of J’Mar leading the offense for two more years doesn’t excite.

Champ Dogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond repute Dogsince65's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hambone29 View Post
    When you have accuracy issues throwing the football, an offseason of throwing a baseball will not help. Hope he improves or hope he is beat out. The thought of J’Mar leading the offense for two more years doesn’t excite.
    His first year - so many things went wrong across --not all his fault and he lost confidence in O line- WR dropping balls and bad routes --timing routes. We saw the sporadic talent but even I got seriously frustrated .
    He had healthy line - better timing with WRs in Bowl game. MVP as a sophomore in bowl game . 15/22 and 3 TDs . It took Higgins 3 years to develop.

I absolutely believe he has potential to be solid QB ( he was #4 in CUSA last year)-- I am taking deap breath and hoping he has a great year -- with the defense we have coming back I am optimistic -- we have a really good group of recruits and several who will start from day 1

2004 and 2010-2011 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion DogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond repute DogsWin's Avatar

Check out Amik Robertson's Freshman All-American highlights film. I had forgotten about what he did to S. Carolina's OT at the 2:15 mark.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FoEmQUWZMBs

Champ theprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond repute theprofessor's Avatar

not sure I have ever disagreed with you-- going back to Bradshaw /Spinks-Liberto Duron and his crew-- Tim Rattay and Troy --list goes on. These guys would go out and work on timing during off season. many of us would like to see JMar work with the receivers ( and maybe RB) as much as possible during offseason -- it was tough watching receivers and QB last year. Hours spent working on routes during off time would really help -- that said-Keith Thibadeau had a great year his Junior year doing both but left for baseball for senior year ( we were in I Bowl with him -- )
    He's a college kid. This debate is moot because the knee procedure is preventing him from playing baseball. But you're telling me he couldn't work with his receivers for an hour a day three days a week during baseball season? Sure, it's difficult when they have a weekend road trip, but it's not like we're in the WAC anymore and the baseball team is taking trips to Hawaii, Fresno and San Jose. He could make it work. It's not like he needs to work with his receivers for five hours a day every single day.
    the bold, the beautiful, theprofessor

Champ Dixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond repute Dixonfor6's Avatar

His first year - so many things went wrong across --not all his fault and he lost confidence in O line- WR dropping balls and bad routes --timing routes. We saw the sporadic talent but even I got seriously frustrated .
    He had healthy line - better timing with WRs in Bowl game. MVP as a sophomore in bowl game . 15/22 and 3 TDs . It took Higgins 3 years to develop.

I absolutely believe he has potential to be solid QB ( he was #4 in CUSA last year)-- I am taking deap breath and hoping he has a great year -- with the defense we have coming back I am optimistic -- we have a really good group of recruits and several who will start from day 1
    15/22 3TD? No way!

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

Back to the topic. Amik is already become a leader and he is just a sophomore. Hope the team takes after his drive and determination. He might need to be the vocal leader in the locker room that was missing last year.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by techman05 View Post
    Back to the topic. Amik is already become a leader and he is just a sophomore. Hope the team takes after his drive and determination. He might need to be the vocal leader in the locker room that was missing last year.
    He'll be great when he gets a full year of the proper S&C program.

Champ glm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    He'll be great when he gets a full year of the proper S&C program.
    Did you know we have one of the best S&C coaches in the country? He just stays in Ruston because he loves the hunting and fishing.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by glm47 View Post
    Did you know we have one of the best S&C coaches in the country? He just stays in Ruston because he loves the hunting and fishing.
    You are such a fake fan.

Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by glm47 View Post
    Don’t we want good coaches staying in Ruston? He’s Leon II.

just announced our new safety coach was coached by Holtz at ND (position coach I assume)- went in first Round to Buffulo Bills- lasted 10 years in NFL -then coached Dolphins and Notre Dame. Got to believe Amik is happy with this hire--

just announced our new safety coach was coached by Holtz at ND (position coach I assume)- went in first Round to Buffulo Bills- lasted 10 years in NFL -then coached Dolphins and Notre Dame. Got to believe Amik is happy with this hire--
    Maybe Amik can teach him some things.

Champ 70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute 70TECHGRAD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WWDog View Post
    How about getting some chemistry with his receivers in the off season. I believe many QBs and receivers do this on their own. To me it was obvious that there was not a lot of chemistry this last year. I think Smith can be a really good QB if that chemistry is developed. I have felt he had the potential last season but just lacked that extra connection when the game started.
    This!!!!!!!!!!

+ Reply to Thread