+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Champ967's proposed Constitutional amendment

Champ Champ967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond repute Champ967's Avatar

Re: Champ967's proposed Constitutional amendment

Quote Originally Posted by techman05 View Post
    Would it mean all guns being regulated from high capacity rifles down to single shot shotguns? Are we just talking “assault rifles” and high capacity pistols?
    Negotiable. It becomes a regulatory / political issue rather than fundamental Constitutional right.

Champ Champ967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond repute Champ967's Avatar

Btw, the first party to take the deal, gets to call the other one "death cult" on all the daytime shout shows.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Champ967 View Post
    The record will show that D80 prefers death sticks to children.
    I have no doubt that the Fake News would report it that way. Lying is what they do best. And you willing libtard servants go right along with their lies too.

But, for the REAL record, D80 is anti-abortion as my hundreds of posts on this topic clearly shows. I am Roman Catholic and agree with The Church's position on this issue: life begins at conception. Science agrees with that too, BTW.

I also support the US Constitution and the 2nd Amendment gives us the right to "bear arms." It doesn't qualify it, doesn't provide exceptions, it just says American citizens have the right....period. Now, I also personally believe our Constitution really applies (for the most part) to US citizens. I have no qualms about keeping illegals from owning/possessing firearms. They are already criminals by their illegal presence here. Known criminals "can" be denied 2nd Amendment rights, IMO. I say "can" be because there might be a few cases where they shouldn't be.

So, Mr. Champ967, if you are gonna say "the record will show that D80..." get it right.

If you support the US Constitution, you also support the provision to lawfully amend it.

Would you give up your right to bare arms if it would save countless lives from abortion?

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

If you support the US Constitution, you also support the provision to lawfully amend it.

Would you give up your right to bare arms if it would save countless lives from abortion?
    I do NOT accept this stupid "either/or" scenario.

Abortion is murder, and is wrong, period! No qualifiers needed.

The Constitution is the law of the land, and the 2nd Amendment stands as part of that law, period. No qualifiers needed.

Well.....unless someone can show me/convince me the Constitution bestows the right to murder babies....I'll stand on my position.

Whatever. Death sticks > babies. You said it.

Champ DawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond repute DawgyNWindow's Avatar

Whatever. Death sticks > babies. You said it.
    As long as we are negotiating...I would agree to make abortion illegal if we would also agree to make sanctuary cities illegal.

Whew! I am feeling really magnanimous now!

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DawgyNWindow View Post
    As long as we are negotiating...I would agree to make abortion illegal if we would also agree to make sanctuary cities illegal.

SAT question for you:

Sanctuary Cities are to Abortion like:

A. Mosquito bites are to lethal injections
    B. Huffy is to Ferrari
    C. Pee Wee football is to the NFL
    D. The common cold is the ebola virus

The fact that these two things can even be mentioned in the same sentence is mind boggling.
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

Champ DawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond repute DawgyNWindow's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by johnnylightnin View Post
    SAT question for you:

Sanctuary Cities are to Abortion like:

A. Mosquito bites are to lethal injections
    B. Huffy is to Ferrari
    C. Pee Wee football is to the NFL
    D. The common cold is the ebola virus

The fact that these two things can even be mentioned in the same sentence is mind boggling.
    Sat answer for you. Abortion is murder. A gun is a tool incapable of doing anything without a willing hand. What does a tool have to do with a MURDER...one is a thing and one is an act The whole premise that guns cause murder is illogical. Or....maybe just banning vaccums and scalpers and whatever other horror-story implement is what we need.

Your whole SAT thing falls short, because the whole argument was not SAT material in the first place.

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Sat answer for you. Abortion is murder. A gun is a tool incapable of doing anything without a willing hand. What does a tool have to do with a MURDER...one is a thing and one is an act The whole premise that guns cause murder is illogical. Or....maybe just banning vaccums and scalpers and whatever other horror-story implement is what we need.

Your whole SAT thing falls short, because the whole argument was not SAT material in the first place.
    Nice diversion. Get back to comparing sanctuary cities to abortion. Let's talk numbers...undisputed death numbers preferably.

Nice diversion. Get back to comparing sanctuary cities to abortion. Let's talk numbers...undisputed death numbers preferably.
    The diversion was all yours. I went along to amuse myself.

The diversion was all yours. I went along to amuse myself.
    No. You introduced sanctuary cities into a conversation that had NOTHING to do with them. I'm pointing out that comparing the two does an extreme disservice to the seriousness of abortion. You, apparently, have no interest in defending your decision to pair the two.

I'll trade you sanctuary cities for … legal marijuana.

No. You introduced sanctuary cities into a conversation that had NOTHING to do with them. I'm pointing out that comparing the two does an extreme disservice to the seriousness of abortion. You, apparently, have no interest in defending your decision to pair the two.
    I think I was defending gun rights and making the point that restricting guns is not equal to restricting abortion. Guns don't cause murder any more than saline solution caused abortions. Murder is already illegal...by any means performed. I don't see what would be so great about a deal where we give up constitutional rights to make something illegal that will not stop even though it is made illegal. Making them illegal will not make them stop happening anyway, and they will be less safe for the mother (but equally deadly for the baby).

Guns have nothing to do with abortion or sanctuary cities. A gun is a thing, a sanctuary city is a thing created by a law, and an abortion is an act. That was my point.

I'll trade you sanctuary cities for … legal marijuana.
    I do not partake, but I think a law that makes smoking a plant illegal is kinda dumb. You should be able to buy it wherever liquor is sold.

+ Reply to Thread