+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Baseball. Bulldogs Set to Open 2018 Season in Malibu

2004 and 2010-2011 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion DogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond repute DogsWin's Avatar

Re: Baseball. Bulldogs Set to Open 2018 Season in Malibu

That Pepperdine reliever has set us up here in the T7. Bases loaded and 1 out for Tech.

Baaaaaall 4.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DogsWin View Post
    That Pepperdine reliever has set us up here in the T7. Bases loaded and 1 out for Tech.
    One RBI walk 5-2

2004 and 2010-2011 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion DogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond repute DogsWin's Avatar

Off the wall- hell yes!!!! Way to go Dogs!

Champ FriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    I believe we'll be fine on defense. Ironically our best infielder from last year already has 3 errors. So far Bates has been our best all round player. It was obvious last year that he had the skills. He made three great plays yesterday that may not have been made before. Some of the guys who are supposed to be hitters are letting us down. We need the win today. It's going to be tough on Tuesday vs McNeese.
    Maybe not so much. Cowboys will still be picking out broom straw after getting swept at home by Wichita State (10-7, 11-2, 11-10).

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FriscoDawg View Post
    Maybe not so much. Cowboys will still be picking out broom straw after getting swept at home by Wichita State (10-7, 11-2, 11-10).
    They'll be good. Scored runs in games 1 and 3.

We do always pitch our ace in mid week games so we have a chance.

Love seeing these great hits today. 5 runs this inning!!! 9-2 Tech at the 7th inning stretch.

Quote Originally Posted by DogsWin View Post
    Love seeing these great hits today. 5 runs this inning!!!
    Yep. Really glad to see Mallard having such a great game at the plate. He is playing up to his rep today.

Well my Stadium feed went out with 2 outs B9. I hope we held on to win.

Well my Stadium feed went out with 2 outs B9. I hope we held on to win.
    Yeah, that sucked to miss the last out. Tech won 9-3
    Glad to see us finish STRONG on Sunday!

Champ hambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond repute

Really nice campus (Malibu so duh) and nice ball park with a beautiful view from the stands. But other than the view, I'd take the Love Shack all day.

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rlirette View Post
    Where the heck is the base runner supposed to go on that? That catcher is a hothead.

On a side note, our baserunning is terrible.
    Our base running was terrible last year, and it's still terrible this year. It's painful to watch us make stupid mistakes to get thrown out on the bases every single game. There's no telling how many runs our poor base running has cost us.

Good win today! Mallard set the tone with his first inning bomb. I was relieved to see us hit the ball and put some runs on the board. We did what we are supposed to do to Sunday pitchers. Happy flight home.

Also, thank you to our Learfield guy for getting a legit replacement for Dave. I thought our pxp guy was really good, lightyears better than the Pepperdine guy. I hope Learfield continues to get us real pros like David Gascon when Dave can't do the call unlike the amateur fill-ins they've used in the past. It makes a big difference listening to the game.

The Pepperdine guy was not the best, but much better than our part time guy who tries to do color commentary along with calling the game. I assume we'll be stuck with him on Tuesday because our AD thinks he is great.

I'm just a bot - I can't respond to your posts News_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the rough News_Bot's Avatar

Baseball Baseball. Bats Get Hot as Tech Rolls in Series Finale

A new article has been posted on www.latechsports.com:

For the Louisiana Tech baseball team, quality pitching had been the only constant in the first three games against Pepperdine. In the series finale, the Tech offense finally joined the party, cranking out nine runs on 13 hits, en route to a 9-3 win on Sunday afternoon and a 2-2 series split with the Waves.

More...

Discuss it here.

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

The Pepperdine guy was not the best, but much better than our part time guy who tries to do color commentary along with calling the game. I assume we'll be stuck with him on Tuesday because our AD thinks he is great.
    On the broadcast he said Dave would be back calling the McNeese game on Tuesday. This weekend is a different story though. We really need to try out a new backup pxp guy instead of using the same fill-in from last year.

I would love to hear Tony Taglavore audition for the backup pxp gig. A long shot, but I'd also like to hear Darrell Rebouche on a call. Other than our Hall of Famer, those are the best two voices I've heard on sports radio in North Louisiana.

Champ Gooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond repute Gooddawg's Avatar

Re: Opening Weekend Rotation

Interesting that we went with basically the same guys in the lineup all four games. I think he knew the guys needed some live at bats and it paid off today. We also showed some great patience today. I wonder who will start Tuesday vs McNeese? I assume it will be too quick for any of these four and we have a weekend series coming up.

+ Reply to Thread