+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: 02/17/18 MBB vs. MTSU

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Re: M. Basketball. Bulldogs Beat on the Boards, Fall in Final Home Game

Quote Originally Posted by deb025 View Post
    Pemberton hasn’t done anything to earn more playing time. All this Konkol hating is getting old. Who cares what he did in high school. This isn’t high school. If he sticks around then I’m sure his minutes will increase if he’s doing the things he supposed to do to earn playing time.
    Spoken like someone who never played or has never been around sports much. Coaches get grudges all the time. I've seen coaches refuse to play kids for some of the pettiest reasons you could possibly imagine. Yes, even to their own detriment. Not saying this is necessarily the case here, but it sure sounds like it. But that's why I'm asking.

This program can't afford to lose another good player. At some point, the fans must hold their coach accountable.

Champ kw2292 has much to be proud ofkw2292 has much to be proud ofkw2292 has much to be proud ofkw2292 has much to be proud ofkw2292 has much to be proud ofkw2292 has much to be proud ofkw2292 has much to be proud ofkw2292 has much to be proud ofkw2292 has much to be proud ofkw2292 has much to be proud ofkw2292 has much to be proud of

Re: 02/17/18 MBB vs. MTSU

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    Spoken like someone who never played or has never been around sports much. Coaches get grudges all the time. I've seen coaches refuse to play kids for some of the pettiest reasons you could possibly imagine. Yes, even to their own detriment. Not saying this is necessarily the case here, but it sure sounds like it. But that's why I'm asking.

This program can't afford to lose another good player. At some point, the fans must hold their coach accountable.
    This is my point, and why the Harris thing really rubs me the wrong way. Now I get he could have made a decision to quit in the heat of the moment, but why would a leading scorer give up 2/3 of a season of his eligibility? He could have just as easily played this year and then reevaluated.

If things were that bad and now with Pemberton then Coach has to be held responsible at some point.

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

Anyone who thinks coaches can't hold grudges obviously hasnt been watching the last two Techster regimes.

Bulldog Dawg-n-Pony is a jewel in the roughDawg-n-Pony is a jewel in the roughDawg-n-Pony is a jewel in the roughDawg-n-Pony is a jewel in the roughDawg-n-Pony is a jewel in the roughDawg-n-Pony is a jewel in the roughDawg-n-Pony is a jewel in the roughDawg-n-Pony is a jewel in the roughDawg-n-Pony is a jewel in the roughDawg-n-Pony is a jewel in the roughDawg-n-Pony is a jewel in the rough Dawg-n-Pony's Avatar

Pemberton hasn’t done anything to earn more playing time. All this Konkol hating is getting old. Who cares what he did in high school. This isn’t high school. If he sticks around then I’m sure his minutes will increase if he’s doing the things he supposed to do to earn playing time.
    Not once have I "hated" Konkol. Ive focused my talk on JP.

And what did Christon/Duruji/Archibald do to earn their PT? They had to get PT to earn PT. My whole point has been that JP never got that PT to earn more PT. Even though his production matches or exceeded that of those playing ahead of him. So again I say, if he were to leave...it would be understandable to ANYONE who has a heart for the game and should come as no surprise.

We try to demonize kids for looking out for their best interest...but who could blame them when it appears no one else will look out for them?

Champ Tech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant future Tech52's Avatar

Re: 02/17/18 MBB vs. MTSU

Is he healthy? Got any issues over the past few weeks?

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

If this is true (and I tend to believe what you say), why is Pemberton in Konkol's doghouse? Surely our vaunted local media has quizzed him about this.

I say this because, any team down to a 7-man rotation in desperate need of bodies doesn't need a coach acting like a horses ass just so he can try to win a personal argument with a player. Unless of course, the player has done something to justify such an absurd reaction.
    I honestly don't think anyone in our local media even knows who Pemberton is.

Champ longdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the rough

He hasn't. Just monday morning qb

Besides who does he play ahead of Boykins, Jean, Durjii, Washington? If he was 6 8 and solid like Powell, Im sure he would be seeing the floor, but he's 6'4" 180. You could make a case that he should come off the bench before Christian?

Bulldog Dawg-n-Pony is a jewel in the roughDawg-n-Pony is a jewel in the roughDawg-n-Pony is a jewel in the roughDawg-n-Pony is a jewel in the roughDawg-n-Pony is a jewel in the roughDawg-n-Pony is a jewel in the roughDawg-n-Pony is a jewel in the roughDawg-n-Pony is a jewel in the roughDawg-n-Pony is a jewel in the roughDawg-n-Pony is a jewel in the roughDawg-n-Pony is a jewel in the rough Dawg-n-Pony's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by longdawgview View Post
    He hasn't. Just monday morning qb

Besides who does he play ahead of Boykins, Jean, Durjii, Washington? If he was 6 8 and solid like Powell, Im sure he would be seeing the floor, but he's 6'4" 180. You could make a case that he should come off the bench before Christian?
    If Pemberton is 6'4...then so is Boykins. And again I ask...before Archibald and Christon were regulars...what were their numbers like? Now compare those to Pembertons.

And I never made the case for him to be a starter. This whole Pemberton conversation was about why he's not an idiot/villain if he decides to pack his bags next year for greener pastures.

Champ longdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by Dawg-n-Pony View Post
    If Pemberton is 6'4...then so is Boykins. And again I ask...before Archibald and Christon were regulars...what were their numbers like? Now compare those to Pembertons.

And I never made the case for him to be a starter. This whole Pemberton conversation was about why he's not an idiot/villain if he decides to pack his bags next year for greener pastures.

What significant impact has he made? I've watch probably 12 games this year I can't remember one. Archibald is a point guard and Bracey got hurt. Christon possibly but I would Pemberton and Christon in the same category young underclassmen. High school stats? I'm sure Mckinnely was a star in high school too.
    Do you have some connection to the situation? that would explain a lot.

Skinny off guards are a dime a dozen, we desperately some 6'7+++post players.

Quote Originally Posted by Gooddawg View Post
    Whose minutes do you suggest Pemberton take? Boykins, Duruji, Washington? He is not better than any of those guys at the moment and he is not a post player. If he stays his minutes will go up next year no doubt.The staff was really high on him in the preseason but not many FR break into the rotation.

This season and team has been an outlier. This season has been very similar to Mike White's first year, you can see the talent and improve throughout the season despite all of the challenges.
    I agree

Quote Originally Posted by longdawgview View Post
    Skinny off guards are a dime a dozen, we desperately some 6'7+++post players.
    Here's a nickel, please pay attention. Im not arguing for Pemberton to take anyone's spot. (even though he deserves a chance to like everyone else got...not like LT playing for postseason)

For the umpteenth time...I jumped in this conversation when the talk started about Pemberton being patient...and not 'quitting'...and giving it another year. My point is...why would he? Given everything YOU just said...."He's not as good"..."skinny off guards are a dime a dozen"..."Christon and Pemberton in same category...but Christon plays"....WHY ON EARTH WOULD HE STAY???? And why would anyone on this board be mad at him if he left?

Quote Originally Posted by Dawg-n-Pony View Post
    Here's a nickel, please pay attention. Im not arguing for Pemberton to take anyone's spot. (even though he deserves a chance to like everyone else got...not like LT playing for postseason)

For the umpteenth time...I jumped in this conversation when the talk started about Pemberton being patient...and not 'quitting'...and giving it another year. My point is...why would he? Given everything YOU just said...."He's not as good"..."skinny off guards are a dime a dozen"..."Christon and Pemberton in same category...but Christon plays"....WHY ON EARTH WOULD HE STAY???? And why would anyone on this board be mad at him if he left?
    Okay, but I never did say that. I want him to stay and he has 3 years of eligibility left to play. I just don't think him playing would have made any difference this season.

My bad. You didnt say that. I inferred it from your agreement that "He is not better than any of those guys "

Pemberton not playing is not an attempted indictment on Konkol from my part, but moreso a recognition that a 19-20 yr old young man who has spent all of his bball life being a major contributor to high level winning teams...and has only played 200 minutes in the last 2 years... would actually want to play in his college career. And there are no signs that he would be next in line here at Tech.

+ Reply to Thread