+ Reply to Thread
Page 38 of 55 FirstFirst ... 28363738394048 ... LastLast

Thread: 2nd Amendment

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Re: 2nd Amendment

Quote Originally Posted by Guisslapp View Post
    Self-defense has nothing to do with smarts. That is the point. When you are in the presence of a percieved imminent threat, the thinking part of your brain completely shuts down and your sympathetic nervous system takes over. If you don’t know your habits under that kind of stress you are absolutely kidding yourself if you think you know what you will do.
    There’s an entire industry built on this truth. It’s why we train the military the way we do. It’s the reason training armed teachers will never by financially feasible. Further, it’s intuitive.

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

Guiss, I’m not sure you answered my question. Simply put...I’m putting 2 options on the table. You either have a gun and use it to try to disarm the threat or you rely on getting lucky when you rush a guy and hope he misses you, is jammed, or empty.

No running and hiding, no waiting for the police, no waiting for the perp to run away. Do I stand more of a chance shooting from across a room or rushing a guy and hoping he can’t shoot me?

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by techman05 View Post
    Guiss, I’m not sure you answered my question. Simply put...I’m putting 2 options on the table. You either have a gun and use it to try to disarm the threat or you rely on getting lucky when you rush a guy and hope he misses you, is jammed, or empty.

No running and hiding, no waiting for the police, no waiting for the perp to run away. Do I stand more of a chance shooting from across a room or rushing a guy and hoping he can’t shoot me?
    You will do what your instincts say rather than make a conscious choice unless you are very well trained.

But otherwise, the stats say the gun doesn’t improve your odds.

Armed civilians virtually never stop a mass shooting during the act no matter where the shooting takes place. In the cases where the armed civilian takes action in a mass shooting, the shooter has already stopped shooting.

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

And one more fact - 77% of shots fired in self defense miss their target, even with trained gun users.

https://m.csmonitor.com/USA/USA-Upda...t-self-defense

Champ brtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond repute brtransplant's Avatar

You will do what your instincts say rather than make a conscious choice unless you are very well trained.

But otherwise, the stats say the gun doesn’t improve your odds.

Armed civilians virtually never stop a mass shooting during the act no matter where the shooting takes place. In the cases where the armed civilian takes action in a mass shooting, the shooter has already stopped shooting.
    Maybe not, but they can stop the mass shooter from starting shooting again. I'm a concealed handgun carrier, and I have had extensive training in self defense. I know that the first thing I would need to do if I found myself in a mass shooting situation is to take cover. I would not, however, be a helpless, sitting duck of a target if the gunman decided to enter the room I take cover in. I remember reading about students at VA Tech sitting in classrooms helplessly as the shooter went door to door in his killing spree. If a shooter ever enters a room I've taken refuge in, he will very likely die before he hurts anyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by brtransplant View Post
    Maybe not, but they can stop the mass shooter from starting shooting again. I'm a concealed handgun carrier, and I have had extensive training in self defense. I know that the first thing I would need to do if I found myself in a mass shooting situation is to take cover. I would not, however, be a helpless, sitting duck of a target if the gunman decided to enter the room I take cover in. I remember reading about students at VA Tech sitting in classrooms helplessly as the shooter went door to door in his killing spree. If a shooter ever enters a room I've taken refuge in, he will very likely die before he hurts anyone else.
    Only in your fantasy world. 77% of your shots will miss target and your cover and shooting position will not be nearly as tactical as you are imagining. Why? Because your self-defense shooting training is not nearly extensive or regular enough to overcome your sympathetic nervous system response.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Only in your fantasy world. 77% of your shots will miss target and your cover and shooting position will not be nearly as tactical as you are imagining..
    More cherry picked data that could not have been accurately gathered. There is no more chance gathering this inaccurate data than there is of gathering your fake data saying how many guns are used to stop crimes.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Maybe your data collectors are using Hollywood movie scenes to collect from.

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    More cherry picked data that could not have been accurately gathered. There is no more chance gathering this inaccurate data than there is of gathering your fake data saying how many guns are used to stop crimes.
    I am not sure you understand what the phrase “cherry picked” means.

Are you saying that cops have no chance in counting how many rounds hit a perpetrator and dividing that number by how many rounds the self-defender fired (capacity minus empty remaining rounds corroborated by number of spent casings)?

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Most of you, like me, have worked for an employer who had various trainings, like how to properly sexually harass the cute secretary and get away with it....oh, wait, that one was just for we executives, not the rank & file. Scratch that... One was on what to do in an "active shooter" situation.

MOST so-called experts....and I have viewed three different such training videos...advise you to:

1) Seek cover, such as lock yourself in a room, barricade the door with heavy furniture. This makes sense. Most "shooter" incidents last mere minutes and the shooter will not waste time trying to get thru a locked/barricaded door.

2) RUN LIKE HELL!!! If possible vacate the building, or otherwise extricate yourself from the situation.

3) Last Resort...if cornered and you're about to be one of the shooter's victims, Charge! Cue the bugle for the cavalry charge. Experts urge would-be victims to fight. Use anything and everything you can find as a weapon and attack!

4) OR! just allow the one NRA Member in your midst to take out the creep with one, carefully placed round between the eyes.

(Full disclosure, #4 is not usually included in the training videos)

I am not sure you understand what the phrase “cherry picked” means.

Are you saying that cops have no chance in counting how many rounds hit a perpetrator and dividing that number by how many rounds the self-defender fired (capacity minus empty remaining rounds corroborated by number of spent casings)?
    The author is bias and an obvious liar. He cherry picked some stat out there to serve his cause. If you believe the 77% BS you might have voted for Hillary.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

I can believe the 77% missed shot stat, or something close to it. But, it only takes one to help the cause.

If I have a 6-shot revolver and I start shooting at some scumbag would-be murderer, in self-defense, and it's my 4th shot that hits home and stops the shooter, then what...? Morons like goosey will scream, See! he shot 4 times and hit the target just once, 75% of his shots missed! See! we told you fools it's useless to fight back with a gun.

In that case I'll take my 25% success rate, thankyaverymuch.

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    If you believe the 77% BS you might have voted for Hillary.
    Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    I can believe the 77% missed shot stat, or something close to it.
    well-this-is-awkward-com-14958619.png
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

And, here's another point. We should thank goosey, and morons like him, for bringing such stats to our attention. 77% of shots miss? Well, then that is even more reason not to limit a law-abiding citizen's right to a 30-shot banana clip. All this unconstitutional BS about limiting the size of magazines is dangerous. And the stats prove it. We should make it as easy as possible for good Americans to have HUGE magazines on their self-defense weapons of choice.

Thanks goosey. You finally did something worthwhile for America. (even a blind squirrel can find a nut...)

Gee johnny....awkward? Yeah, I suppose libtards can not grasp the concept of people having slightly different opinions on issues. We don't all march in goose-stepping lockstep like some of you.

Just keep shouting whatever the DNC instructs you to, johnny!

+ Reply to Thread