+ Reply to Thread
Page 35 of 55 FirstFirst ... 25333435363745 ... LastLast

Thread: 2nd Amendment

2003 BB&B Basketball Pick 'Em Champion inudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond repute inudesu's Avatar

Re: 2nd Amendment

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    If guns in the hands of intended victims don't matter to these crazed shooters, why do they ALWAYS shoot up places where they either know, or have reason to believe, their intended victims don't have guns?
    A church in San Antonio and a Waffle House in Nashville are not places that I would necessarily assume to be filled with unarmed people.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by inudesu View Post
    A church in San Antonio and a Waffle House in Nashville are not places that I would necessarily assume to be filled with unarmed people.
    Oh? Oh yes, I always pack my arsenal when I go to church or go eat waffles. Of course! {sarcasm alert}

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Oh? Oh yes, I always pack my arsenal when I go to church or go eat waffles. Of course! {sarcasm alert}
    What good is a gun if you don't have it? In our state, there are stipulations on carrying in church, but I carry everywhere that it's not disallowed...especially to eat waffles.
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Point is these lunatics seek helpless victims. At least that's their MO. Whacky psychologists say so...the whole power thing...but more pointedly, the actions of these shooters clearly show their intent. Otherwise, they would walk into a police station (like the Terminator) or go out to a shooting range where everyone is not just armed, but heavily so. In 100% of the cases the victims are anywhere but a place one would expect to encounter armed folks: schools, churches, restaurants that post signs, No Shoes, No Shirts, No Service and this is a Gun Free Zone.

And yes, that is just part of their motivation. In the case of school shooters most have been bullied at that school and they want to extract revenge against the bullies, and the whole school in general. But, many of those same students and teachers can be found at the school's sporting events, but there is always a law enforcement presence, armed cops, and they use metal detectors at the gate. Not as convenient a situation for the shooter. So, they choose a scenario they KNOW their victims will be helpless. The good ole Gun Free Zone at schools.

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

OR, they go to schools because that is where they experienced pain or where other shooters went that gave them the idea of being a school shooter in the first place...

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

The guy that James Shaw Jr miraculously stopped without using another gun has been apprehended, FYI.

Quote Originally Posted by Guisslapp View Post
    The guy that James Shaw Jr miraculously stopped without using another gun has been apprehended, FYI.
    I look forward to the day YOU try to disarm a shooter without a gun. Do it man! I have faith in you.

I look forward to the day YOU try to disarm a shooter without a gun. Do it man! I have faith in you.
    The odds are very low that I will ever need to. Odds are higher that I will be injured by one of the guns already in my house. It is foolish to believe I would be an exception to the stats.

Champ DawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond repute DawgyNWindow's Avatar

Yes, he was stopped by men with guns, so this time he was not able to murder 4 people.

Quote Originally Posted by DawgyNWindow View Post
    Yes, he was stopped by men with guns, so this time he was not able to murder 4 people.
    Apprehended. The guy without the gun stopped the shooting.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

The odds are very low that I will ever need to. Odds are higher that I will be injured by one of the guns already in my house. It is foolish to believe I would be an exception to the stats.
    Cherry picked data stats that serve a political purpose.

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    Cherry picked data stats that serve a political purpose.
    You are the only one cherry picking around here.

Champ DawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond repute DawgyNWindow's Avatar

Apprehended. The guy without the gun stopped the shooting.
    And the guys with the guns stopped the shooter with nobody getting killed. The guy that stopped the shooting did not fare so well.

Quote Originally Posted by DawgyNWindow View Post
    And the guys with the guns stopped the shooter with nobody getting killed. The guy that stopped the shooting did not fare so well.
    Apprehended. By cops.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

You are the only one cherry picking around here.
    No I'm saying you can't substantiate your claims because you are using "political leanings" to create stats that don't exist.

There is no way to represent unreported events. If you and your gun haters have a calculation for what you want it to be, me and the NRA have a calculation for what we want it to be.

+ Reply to Thread