+ Reply to Thread
Page 34 of 55 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644 ... LastLast

Thread: 2nd Amendment

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Re: 2nd Amendment

Quote Originally Posted by Guisslapp View Post
    Good thing James Shaw Jr. doesn’t believe in Pawdawg’s Church of Guns belief that “only a gun can stop a gun.”
    I haven't read about what happened. Is the perp still alive and running free?

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    He's still running free.

But here's a tidbit per another potential biased FBI and Deep State Obama screw-up again. I guess the FBI etc. were too busy chancing BS Russian collusion crappola again.

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

I don’t think anyone knows whether he is alive or not. But the shooting was stopped.

Champ DawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond repute DawgyNWindow's Avatar

I don’t think anyone knows whether he is alive or not. But the shooting was stopped.
    Yeah. After he managed to kill four people. Not a great outcome.

The dad that gave him the guns back should serve some time for accessory to murder. The son, if/when caught, should be executed.

A person with a gun could have stopped this sooner, and kept him from being able to escape.

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

Nope, it’s a guarantee that anyone else carrying a gun in there makes it less safe.

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DawgyNWindow View Post
    Yeah. After he managed to kill four people. Not a great outcome.

The dad that gave him the guns back should serve some time for accessory to murder. The son, if/when caught, should be executed.

A person with a gun could have stopped this sooner, and kept him from being able to escape.
    Or they might have also shot James Shaw Jr. as he was charging the shooter.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Or they might have also shot James Shaw Jr. as he was charging the shooter.
    You telling me that if you or your family were in there eating waffles you wouldn't want somebody with a concealed firearm to pop that punk kid in the head or heart as soon as possible? I call BS if you say you wouldn't.

Quote Originally Posted by TYLERTECHSAS View Post
    You telling me that if you or your family were in there eating waffles you wouldn't want somebody with a concealed firearm to pop that punk kid in the head or heart as soon as possible? I call BS if you say you wouldn't.
    Of course I would. But if someone with a concealed gun accidently shot my wife while I was charging at the guy, I wouldn’t be.

I know you think it is easy to just pop a punk kid in the head when he is shooting rapid fire into a the room you are in, but I think there is a reason why the stats don’t show you are safer with the gun in the self-defense scenario.

Quote Originally Posted by techman05 View Post
    Nope, it’s a guarantee that anyone else carrying a gun in there makes it less safe.
    You are conflating two stats incorrectly.

In general, you are more likely to be a victim of a firearm if you have one in your house - I.e., you are less safe.

In a specific self-defense scenario, you are not any more safe or less safe. On average, your outcome don’t fare any better or worse for having a gun.

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

In general, you are more likely to be a victim of a firearm if you have one in your house - I.e., you are less safe.

In a specific self-defense scenario, you are not any more safe or less safe. On average, your outcome don’t fare any better or worse for having a gun.
    If the outcome is not affected by carrying or not, then cops don’t need guns. They stand just as much chance without one. Or do I not understand the convoluted logic?

Quote Originally Posted by TYLERTECHSAS View Post
    He's still running free.

But here's a tidbit per another potential biased FBI and Deep State Obama screw-up again. I guess the FBI etc. were too busy chancing BS Russian collusion crappola again.
    3:55 p.m.A Secret Service agent says the suspect in a fatal Tennessee restaurant shooting who was arrested last July outside the White House complex had hoped to talk to President Donald Trump.
    Special Agent Todd Hudson in Nashville says Travis Reinking “wanted to set up a meeting with the president.”
    Hudson says Reinking tried to cross bike racks near the White House grounds that were part of security barriers. Reinking was asked to leave the restricted area, and when he declined, Hudson says he was arrested on a charge of unlawful entry.
    Reinking, who is from Morton, Illinois, was subsequently released and was later interviewed by the FBI and authorities in Tazewell County, Illinois.
    Police have issued arrest warrants charging the 29-year-old Reinking with multiple counts of criminal homicide in Sunday’s shootings at a Nashville Waffle House that killed four people.

Waffle House suspect still being sought; residents on alert

https://apnews.com/863d9ef113c44964b...dents-on-alert

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Not true. This is according to cherry picked data from gun haters.

Not true. This is according to cherry picked data from gun haters.
    You are quite religious.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

If guns in the hands of intended victims don't matter to these crazed shooters, why do they ALWAYS shoot up places where they either know, or have reason to believe, their intended victims don't have guns?

Based on what I've read most "experts" say just like rape is not about sex, it is about exercising power over the victim, so too these loony shooters want to be in a situation where they hold the power. Many of these shooters, we later learn, have been bullied or are some loser who has accomplished nothing in their pathetic lives. They reach a breaking point where, in a blaze of glory (in their twisted minds) by gosh! they are gonna hold the power, for once.

Well, they may be loony, but they are not stupid. They know they won't get the results they want if they go into a place where their intended victims are all armed. For one thing, they know they won't last long. But more importantly, they won't be in a position of power. It'll be a level playing field where once again, they will easily be bested by superior people.

So...if any morons out there think having guns doesn't matter, I invite you to always advertise that fact. Have a family reunion in a public place and advertise: none of us will have guns. There won't be anyone around to defend us. Of course, these loony shooters might think, hey, it's a trap, a setup. Everyone will be armed!

+ Reply to Thread