+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 55 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: 2nd Amendment

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Re: 2nd Amendment

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    Then what do you suggest pissant!
    I suggest you stop pretending complicated things are simple.

I suggest no one is going to want to pay to train armed personnel at schools.

I suggest there’s literally no way to confiscate private firearms nor is that constitutional.

I suggest that school shootings account for a statistically insignificant number of overall gun deaths.

I suggest that Trump’s ideas are a meaningless bone he’s throwing out to no one in particular.

Need anymore suggestions you cantankerous curmudgeon (not that there’s anything wrong with that)?

One more, don’t suggest that I suggest something I never suggested just because you don’t like it when you think I don’t agree with you.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by johnnylightnin View Post
    I suggest you stop pretending complicated things are simple.

I suggest no one is going to want to pay to train armed personnel at schools.

I suggest there’s literally no way to confiscate private firearms nor is that constitutional.

I suggest that school shootings account for a statistically insignificant number of overall gun deaths.

I suggest that Trump’s ideas are a meaningless bone he’s throwing out to know one in particular.

Need anymore suggestions you cantankerous curmudgeon (not that there’s anything wrong with that)?

One more, don’t suggest that I suggest something I never suggested just because you don’t like it when you think I don’t agree with you.
    What I thought. You and the Trump haters have nothing. Just bitch about what guns do and whatever ideas those who don't hate Trump suggest.

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

What I thought. You and the Trump haters have nothing. Just bitch about what guns do and whatever ideas those who don't hate Trump suggest.
    Maybe, but I didn’t lie about your position just to feel better about mine.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Maybe, but I didn’t lie about your position just to feel better about mine.
    You don't have a position. If you did, you'd offer something up. Just boo and jeer and wish for Hillary who would be demanding we all give up our firearms.

You don't have a position. If you did, you'd offer something up. Just boo and jeer and wish for Hillary who would be demanding we all give up our firearms.
    Ha! You’re off the rails tonight. My position is what it has always been: it’s a complicated problem and the “solutions” being put forth as “simple” are not actually solutions nor deterrents because they create more new problems than they alleviate.

I know that you understand this, you just can’t admit it because it screws up you nightly fight picking.

Ha! You’re off the rails tonight. My position is what it has always been: it’s a complicated problem and the “solutions” being put forth as “simple” are not actually solutions nor deterrents because they create more new problems than they alleviate.

I know that you understand this, you just can’t admit it because it screws up you nightly fight picking.
    So you got nothing because it's complicated. How political of you.

Nobody said it was simple. Those who hate the idea of arming school employees are the ones saying it is too complicated.

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

Usually when your argument sucks, you make up a strawman like “Ban all guns”.

No one has suggested such a thing.

I think we all support the 2nd Amendment here.

BUT, the stats are undeniable -guns do not make us safer. The more we have, the more people die by gun. I know fake facts are the rage under our current administration, but you can’t just imagine hypotheticals and pick your favorite hero stories to prove your point when the numbers show the opposite.

Firearms aren’t a religion, but our culture glorifies them too much, including encouraging the use that a gun makes you safer. If you bring a gun into your home you need to realize that you just made it much more likely that someone in your house will die by gun violence, and most likely by THAT gun. If everyone began accepting that fact, we would take a step towards reducing gun deaths.

And that is not the opinion of someone that is anti-gun, because I am not.

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

Idea not “use”

Quote Originally Posted by Guisslapp View Post
    If you bring a gun into your home you need to realize that you just made it much more likely that someone in your house will die by gun violence, and most likely by THAT gun. If everyone began accepting that fact, we would take a step towards reducing gun deaths.
    No, it means you have a gun in your home. Using a frying pan with grease makes it more likely that someone in your home will be burned by spilling grease. You have no stats to back up what happens to those who don't have gun protection. Accidents happen because people are careless not because guns are present.

No, it means you have a gun in your home. Using a frying pan with grease makes it more likely that someone in your home will be burned by spilling grease. You have no stats to back up what happens to those who don't have gun protection. Accidents happen because people are careless not because guns are present.
    Stats don’t really care. Carelessness, accidents, “on purposes”, suicides, domestic killings are all just a matter of varying degrees of probability depending on circumstances. You have lots of control, but statistically the thing that you control that has the biggest impact on your risk is whether you bring the gun into the house in the first place.

So you got nothing because it's complicated. How political of you.
    I believe the word you’re looking for is “honest”.

This “we have to do something” mantra is SOOO the left wing response after every mass shooting.

Doing nothing is better than doing something that is very expensive, risky, and is not shown empirically to address the actual problem.

But hey man, if the left wing strategy is your preference, be my guest.

Champ JuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond repute JuBru's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by techman05 View Post
    So Jubru, how do we tighten up security in schools. That has to be part of the equation because “take away guns” only works on people who follow the law and turn them in. We still need increased security. The only person scared of a metal detector is the one trying to sneak something in. I agree that fences could be problematic because it would hinder the traffic in and out on a normal day.
    Raise taxes.

Champ JuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond repute JuBru's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Guisslapp View Post
    Usually when your argument sucks, you make up a strawman like “Ban all guns”.

No one has suggested such a thing.
    A simple google search would show you otherwise. Or reading comments on any site that even hints at being left-leaning.

Quote Originally Posted by JuBru View Post
    A simple google search would show you otherwise. Or reading comments on any site that even hints at being left-leaning.
    I meant to say no one here (on this thread) has said such a thing.

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by JuBru View Post
    Raise taxes.
    Or cut back on discretionary spending. Divert those dollars.

+ Reply to Thread