+ Reply to Thread
Page 24 of 55 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast

Thread: 2nd Amendment

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Re: 2nd Amendment

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    Yes they have. It won't be federally mandated so that's a good thing. Prevention methods will vary depending on what type local governments decide. Some will choose to do nothing out of fear. Others will choose to beef up security which is the common sense thing to do. Others may decide to arm Random and well trained staff members.
    How? Who's paying for it? You ever taken any of this training? I have. It isn't cheap and it isn't quick. Maybe you trust the local government where you are to do this well. I certainly don't trust mine.
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

The Quick and the Dead!

Put teachers into an arena, with guns placed in different places, in a fight to the death. Whoever emerges, alive, must be pretty handy with a gun. How's that for a "training" system?

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by johnnylightnin View Post
    How? Who's paying for it? You ever taken any of this training? I have. It isn't cheap and it isn't quick. Maybe you trust the local government where you are to do this well. I certainly don't trust mine.
    Whichever local government decides to use it, pays at least part of the cost. I know some don't want to believe that there are very responsible workers in the systems who can carry and use a concealed weapon w/out going all Barney Fife on the bad guys.

Champ FriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond repute FriscoDog's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by johnnylightnin View Post
    So you don't trust your local government to train people how to use firearms effectively and safely, yet you trust them to protect you?

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Guisslapp View Post
    Numbers. Two or three people (or more) charging the shooter.
    Gee....that's sure been working well with children civilians right? Or even in that gay bar in Florida?

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FriscoDog View Post
    So you don't trust your local government to train people how to use firearms effectively and safely, yet you trust them to protect you?
    Where'd you get that idea? My home is protected primarily by Mossberg, Smith&Wesson, and an evil black gun of the communist variety. This is not about the second amendment, it's about using evidence to solve problems and the evidence says that arming teachers is more problematic than problem solving.

All that said, it is folly to assume that these teachers would receive the same training as police officers. We simply can't afford that. To my knowledge, no one has proposed that. Perhaps, there are individuals who will take it upon themselves to receive proper training (which is great). The problem is, this training's validity must be judged by the same folks run our local governments (best case), state governments (meh), or federal government (barf). I don't trust them to decide what non-professional gunsman is allowed around my children 8 hours a day.
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

Champ brtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond repute brtransplant's Avatar

How do schools in Israel protect their students? I think it’s a pretty safe bet that they have a system in place that would certainly shorten the time a terrorist had to shoot up a school. We should set up the same kind of security used in Israel at all US schools.

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by brtransplant View Post
    How do schools in Israel protect their students? I think it’s a pretty safe bet that they have a system in place that would certainly shorten the time a terrorist had to shoot up a school. We should set up the same kind of security used in Israel at all US schools.
    Why like Israel? What about like any other country in the world that doesn’t have successfully avoided school shootings?

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Why like Israel? What about like any other country in the world that doesn’t have successfully avoided school shootings?
    ???????? that's a heckuva messed up sentence

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    ???????? that's a heckuva messed up sentence
    Result of tiny iPhone view window and changing sentence syntax midstream. I think you probably understand what I was trying to say - many countries successfully avoid school shootings - why model our school security systems on what Israel does?

Champ brtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond repute brtransplant's Avatar

Because for years now, the Israelites have had to be experts at protecting all facets of their society from terrorism (mainly that of Islamic barbarians) and they've become very good at protecting themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by brtransplant View Post
    Because for years now, the Israelites have had to be experts at protecting all facets of their society from terrorism (mainly that of Islamic barbarians) and they've become very good at protecting themselves.
    Well, in addition to armed guards that patrol, Israel has a different gun culture than us. Most people have to be 27 or older to get a gun and the licensing requirements are much tougher requiring you to submit medical records and other things as well as justify why you need a gun. You can only have certain types of guns and certain quantities of ammo and you have to follow certain procedures with the government even after you get your gun.

Although they have police that patrol their schools, teachers are not armed.

Well, the debate on how best to protect our schools, and other such places, will rage on.

In the meantime, I agree with the "Motor City Madman" the only "permit" I need is a copy of the 2nd Amendment.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qUexKY8Blew

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lNeQ_xglSsM

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Well, in addition to armed guards that patrol, Israel has a different gun culture than us. Most people have to be 27 or older to get a gun and the licensing requirements are much tougher requiring you to submit medical records and other things as well as justify why you need a gun. You can only have certain types of guns and certain quantities of ammo and you have to follow certain procedures with the government even after you get your gun.

Although they have police that patrol their schools, teachers are not armed.
    Israel has the best protection in the world despite Islam's constant trying to murder their children.

All Israeli citizens are required to enter the IDF at 18 and spend at least 2 years. Therefore all citizens are familiar in the use of firearms and believe me they are present in their homes.

Champ DawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond repute DawgyNWindow's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    Well, the debate on how best to protect our schools, and other such places, will rage on.

In the meantime, I agree with the "Motor City Madman" the only "permit" I need is a copy of the 2nd Amendment.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qUexKY8Blew

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lNeQ_xglSsM
    That's the truth. And as long as we have folks intent on overthrowing our government and destroying our Constitution, I see no need in relinquishing my right anytime soon.

+ Reply to Thread