+ Reply to Thread
Page 42 of 55 FirstFirst ... 32404142434452 ... LastLast

Thread: 2nd Amendment

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Re: 2nd Amendment

Update...a second person has been arrested.

Now, explosive devices have been found on the HS campus, and just off campus.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

I mentioned before I was subbing at a large HS and we had a fire "drill" or at least the alarm went off and we were evacuating the building. I asked the students if they knew where we were supposed to go....it was a senior honors' class and I figured these kids had been thru fire drills many times and would be responsible enough to be trusted. So, I said to a couple of them "Lead the way!"

We emerged in a parking lot next to the school where students park. The quickest path away from the building was the first row, but my leaders skipped it, so as we were hurrying along, I asked why. "We are supposed to use Row B as classes coming behind us will use Row A." Okay, I nodded. Then I saw it. A piece of pipe, about 2 feet long, was leaning against a tire of a parked car. I immediately directed the class, and those coming behind us, to detour to Row C. OMG! the chaos I caused. Teachers were screaming at me, and just hollering in general. I had disrupted the nice, neat, rehearsed routine!!!

Then.....Bam! The pipe bomb went off, lifting that car a couple of feet and shattering windows of other vehicles. Remarkably, no one was hurt. The car's gas tank did not explode. Turned out to be an expelled former student who KNEW the fire drill routine and had planned it accordingly. The bomb was set off with a remote device, a cell phone I think. He was watching from a nearby parking lot just off campus.

I was suspected at first. The FBI/ATF agents were baffled how I knew it was a bomb. I must have been a party to the planning. I was cleared, of course. The suspect said he acted alone and it's my understanding he was asked about me. Of course he had no clue who I am.

All I know, is for whatever the reason, instincts? Obvious pipe bombing looking device? Gut reaction? I recognized the threat immediately. What's amazing to me is other classes, teachers/staff, had already passed right by it, saw it, and did NOTHING!!!

At another school, where I was a teacher, we had a bomb threat and evacuated to the football stadium, which was about a 1/2 mile walk down a street, boarded by wooded lots. One teacher detoured his class off the street and led them toward the tennis courts, which were in the general direction of the football stadium, but that placed the library between them and the woods. He was severely reprimanded for his detour, but he said, he just had an uneasy feeling it was a setup. Turns out, there was something to it. Later that day a former student was detained and questioned about calling in the bomb threat and he had guns and a partially written note explaining why he shot students/teachers. I don't know if formal charges were ever filed because the former student in question was under 18.

I spoke with that teacher a couple of days later. He said he can't explain it, but little voices were warning him to not take his kids to the FB stadium. Crazy, I know. But he decided to error on the side of caution. He and I then made a formal request to review our evacuation procedure, and the school admin agreed. Later, we would have three separate routes and that the office would announce Plan A, B or C. Some teachers complained it was too complicated...

Big Dog tech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to all

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    I mentioned before I was subbing at a large HS and we had a fire "drill" or at least the alarm went off and we were evacuating the building. I asked the students if they knew where we were supposed to go....it was a senior honors' class and I figured these kids had been thru fire drills many times and would be responsible enough to be trusted. So, I said to a couple of them "Lead the way!"

We emerged in a parking lot next to the school where students park. The quickest path away from the building was the first row, but my leaders skipped it, so as we were hurrying along, I asked why. "We are supposed to use Row B as classes coming behind us will use Row A." Okay, I nodded. Then I saw it. A piece of pipe, about 2 feet long, was leaning against a tire of a parked car. I immediately directed the class, and those coming behind us, to detour to Row C. OMG! the chaos I caused. Teachers were screaming at me, and just hollering in general. I had disrupted the nice, neat, rehearsed routine!!!

Then.....Bam! The pipe bomb went off, lifting that car a couple of feet and shattering windows of other vehicles. Remarkably, no one was hurt. The car's gas tank did not explode. Turned out to be an expelled former student who KNEW the fire drill routine and had planned it accordingly. The bomb was set off with a remote device, a cell phone I think. He was watching from a nearby parking lot just off campus.

I was suspected at first. The FBI/ATF agents were baffled how I knew it was a bomb. I must have been a party to the planning. I was cleared, of course. The suspect said he acted alone and it's my understanding he was asked about me. Of course he had no clue who I am.

All I know, is for whatever the reason, instincts? Obvious pipe bombing looking device? Gut reaction? I recognized the threat immediately. What's amazing to me is other classes, teachers/staff, had already passed right by it, saw it, and did NOTHING!!!

At another school, where I was a teacher, we had a bomb threat and evacuated to the football stadium, which was about a 1/2 mile walk down a street, boarded by wooded lots. One teacher detoured his class off the street and led them toward the tennis courts, which were in the general direction of the football stadium, but that placed the library between them and the woods. He was severely reprimanded for his detour, but he said, he just had an uneasy feeling it was a setup. Turns out, there was something to it. Later that day a former student was detained and questioned about calling in the bomb threat and he had guns and a partially written note explaining why he shot students/teachers. I don't know if formal charges were ever filed because the former student in question was under 18.

I spoke with that teacher a couple of days later. He said he can't explain it, but little voices were warning him to not take his kids to the FB stadium. Crazy, I know. But he decided to error on the side of caution. He and I then made a formal request to review our evacuation procedure, and the school admin agreed. Later, we would have three separate routes and that the office would announce Plan A, B or C. Some teachers complained it was too complicated...
    This should be shared nation wide with schools and law enforcement so everyone can learn from this experience and not the hard way!!!

Champ DawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond repute DawgyNWindow's Avatar

No evil black 22 caliber rifles were involved. A shotgun, a revolver and explosives proved much more deadly.

The defective thing was the same thing that was defective in all the other incidences...the person(s) with the intent to murder.

The problem is that any copy cat wanna bees cannot see the suffering this person will endure in an adult prison environment. A good public hanging, however....

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by DawgyNWindow View Post
    No evil black 22 caliber rifles were involved. A shotgun, a revolver and explosives proved much more deadly.

The defective thing was the same thing that was defective in all the other incidences...the person(s) with the intent to murder.

The problem is that any copy cat wanna bees cannot see the suffering this person will endure in an adult prison environment. A good public hanging, however....
    I say you should suffer death at the “hands” of the weapon you chose to use in your crime.

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

Yet a uniquely American problem.

Champ DawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond repute DawgyNWindow's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Guisslapp View Post
    Yet a uniquely American problem.
    Yep, The leftists have destroyed our country and children.

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

Yep, The leftists have destroyed our country and children.
    If they could only learn to be more like the European leftists whose children are okay.

Also, I think the Sante Fe High shooter’s dad was a supporter of the NRA. Damn leftist!

If they could only learn to be more like the European leftists whose children are okay.

Also, I think the Sante Fe High shooter’s dad was a supporter of the NRA. Damn leftist!
    Sounds like you're on the wrong continent.

When did the NRA start approving of pipe bombs and mass murder?

Sounds like you're on the wrong continent.

When did the NRA start approving of pipe bombs and mass murder?
    Well, if you are blaming leftist parents - it doesn’t appear that his parents were leftists.

Maybe if America were more leftists, like European countries there would be less gun violence. Or what else do you have to explain the phenomenon?

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

I am wondering what the cause of all this violence is at this point. My Christian perspective tells me that family breakdown and leaving God behind is a major factor. However, we are a very secular, progressive leaning society much like our neighbors across the pond and in Asia. These other countries do not have these events with the frequency that we do. (Maybe if you calculated murder rates by land area and not within certain country borders it would even out.) Is it the number of guns we have? Type of guns? Awareness? In my mind it is no longer a conservative or progressive issue. Not an Athiest or Christian issue. It’s either something more or something much simpler than that.

Quote Originally Posted by techman05 View Post
    I am wondering what the cause of all this violence is at this point. My Christian perspective tells me that family breakdown and leaving God behind is a major factor. However, we are a very secular, progressive leaning society much like our neighbors across the pond and in Asia. These other countries do not have these events with the frequency that we do. (Maybe if you calculated murder rates by land area and not within certain country borders it would even out.) Is it the number of guns we have? Type of guns? Awareness? In my mind it is no longer a conservative or progressive issue. Not an Athiest or Christian issue. Its either something more or something much simpler than that.
    Maybe the simplest explanation is the correct one.

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-polit...cs-maps-charts

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

???

Not the aborted millions.

Well, if you are blaming leftist parents - it doesn’t appear that his parents were leftists.

Maybe if America were more leftists, like European countries there would be less gun violence. Or what else do you have to explain the phenomenon?
    It is way too simple to blame this on the existence of guns. In this case, I believe there were also pipe bombs and pressure cookers around, and there have been incidents where people used vehicles and knives (and acid attacks in Europe) to accomplish the same goals.

There have always been guns in America, and as already discussed here many of those firearms could have been found in High School parking lots in the backs of vehicles, and were in no way even remotely being considered for anything as evil as what happens today. So how can that be explained?

The difference is the mind of the person who thinks it is OK to take a weapon and kill others with it. What has happened in society that has created this mindset?

With greater freedom comes greater personal responsibility. This is what is missing. Naturally we could stop gun violence if we got rid of all guns (other types of violence would still exist and be just as deadly, however). We could also stop all hate speech, disagreeable assemblies (for you that would include any church services you disagree with) and "offensive" language if we did away with the first amendment; get a lot more criminals off the street if we got rid of the pesky fourth through eighth amendments; etc.

A few public executions would go a long way toward showing there are serious implications. Today, all they see is that the one doing the shooting becomes famous, is portrayed as a victim, and the narrative turns toward an inanimate object (the gun). I would actually argue that the gun discussions that arise every time this happens actually INCREASE the likelihood the next attack is going to happen. Nobody ever sees the gunner living in an adult prison for the rest of his life (and the ugliness that brings) because once they make the headlines the story changes to gun control and not about how the shooter is going to pay dearly for his transgressions.

Executions will just further erode civility. And they would not really act as a deterrent. In the mass shooting scenario, most of these people don’t actually plan on coming out alive to face justice.

So you are saying the massive difference in the US and the rest of the developed world is that we have less personal responsibility here?

+ Reply to Thread