We all know that the route to a conference title is easier with a top 4 seed. We really screwed up on our Florida trip and the early Southern Miss loss, but we are playing in top form lately, except for the Charlotte loss. It is going to be VERY tough now to get a top 4 seed, but it is possible. We will need to pull off a magical road win at UAB and at Rice in order to do it, but it is possible. Here are the standings as of 2/20/18:

If we beat Rice and UAB, we will end at 10-6 in conference. It will give Rice and UAB another loss, as well.

We need Rice to have 2 more losses. We will own the tie breaker and we would be one of those two losses. They still have Marshall, UTSA, and North Texas. Only UTSA is on the road. Any of those would be an upset, but I think North Texas might have a chance at it.

To jump Charlotte, Charlotte would need 3 more losses. I don't see that happening, but they still have WKU, MTSU, ODU, and FAU. It is possible, but not likely. WKU should beat them and, possibly, MTSU. That would end their regular season at 10-6, but they would have the tie-breaker over us.

UAB still has MTSU, us, North Texas, and UTSA. They could fall to MTSU and we would need to beat them. If that happens, we will be tied with them. Overall record would favor them, though, and we split the regular season. They will probably be #2.

We will jump MTSU, if we win out. No way are they going undefeated with their schedule that is left.

WKU is going to be #1 barring a couple of major upsets.

SO, we have to hope that Charlotte and Rice drop some to upsets and we win our last two on the road. That is our only chance to get in at #4.

I did this while taking a break from work, so please correct any mistakes.

Thank Goodness the tournament is not on anyone's home court!!!!!! Even at a 5 seed, we could do very well.