+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: M. Basketball. LA Tech Begins Three-Game Road Stand at UTEP

Champ revf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond repute revf's Avatar

Re: M. Basketball. LA Tech Begins Three-Game Road Stand at UTEP

Hey,

We competed well. 😂

Champ touchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond repute touchdown123's Avatar

What's most disturbing is the lack of effort. Lost a few critical players, losing still unacceptable, but if you show me you have the players attention I feel a little better. But that garbage last night is just feeding the narrative that these kids aren't buying in. I'm starting to believe it.

Champ touchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond repute touchdown123's Avatar

And a team that is down but doesn't play with effort is a hell of a lot worse than a team that is up playing with no effort. The latter got cocky and the former quit.

Champ DFWDawg is just really niceDFWDawg is just really niceDFWDawg is just really niceDFWDawg is just really niceDFWDawg is just really niceDFWDawg is just really niceDFWDawg is just really niceDFWDawg is just really niceDFWDawg is just really niceDFWDawg is just really niceDFWDawg is just really nice DFWDawg's Avatar

I did not get to watch. Disappointing. Ok, Coach, what is the plan from here?

Champ Tech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant future Tech52's Avatar

UTEP destroyed USM tonight

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

In UTSA, LA Tech lost to the equivalent of a decent high school team in what amounts to a high school gym. This team isn't buying what Konkol is selling. He needs to resign and move on.

Varsity Bulldog Bulldawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBulldawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBulldawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBulldawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBulldawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBulldawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBulldawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBulldawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBulldawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBulldawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBulldawg81 is a splendid one to behold

The last two games we have been out scored 7-0 and 10-1 to lose by 2 and 10 points, respectively. We have not been able to close out games all year. Early in the year you could probably blame it partly on inexperience, but I’m afraid coaching may be the main problem. I hope I’m wrong because I don’t see us firing Konkol at this point.

Big Dog tech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to all

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldawg81 View Post
    The last two games we have been out scored 7-0 and 10-1 to lose by 2 and 10 points, respectively. We have not been able to close out games all year. Early in the year you could probably blame it partly on inexperience, but I’m afraid coaching may be the main problem. I hope I’m wrong because I don’t see us firing Konkol at this point.
    I think he has next year to right the boat, if he doesn't there will only be the band, parents , and administration present . It will be obvious a change is required. My problem is Tmac does not have an excellent record of hires with Tyler and Erik.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tech70 View Post
    I think he has next year to right the boat, if he doesn't there will only be the band, parents , and administration present . It will be obvious a change is required. My problem is Tmac does not have an excellent record of hires with Tyler and Erik.
    Yes......of course, we must give Konkol extra time to drive the very last nail into the coffin.

Some of you people couldn't make a good decision for your family if your life depended on it.

Big Dog tech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to all

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    Yes......of course, we must give Konkol extra time to drive the very last nail into the coffin.

Some of you people couldn't make a good decision for your family if your life depended on it.
    You have made an assumption, you are wrong. If it were my call he would be gone on Monday and King would be named interim coach. What I posted is what will happen not what I wanted.
    Bellow are my first blush options. You attack the posters who all love Tech. Now lets see an intelligent response.
    Kyle Keller
    Kyle Blankenship
    YaphettKing

Champ revf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond repute revf's Avatar

Konkol won’t be fired this season. As Pawdawg would say quoting our AD, “That’s not who we are.”

Now, many of us on this board feel he doesn’t have it, but he will be given a season to “right the ship” because of our “inexperienced players.”

I don’t see it happening unless Konkol somehow does something he has proven thus far he cannot...recruit a big and a legit shooting guard.

So as others have said, get ready for the band, parents, and administration to show up for losses at home in front of 4,500 fans!

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by revf View Post

So as others have said, get ready for the band, parents, and administration to show up for losses at home in front of 4,500 fans!
    I see what you did there.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

The problem with our Athletic Department starts at the top....Les Guice. He doesn't get it. Many of you praised his hiring as Prez after DR retired saying: finally, we have a prez who gets it! Gets what? How to assure mediocrity? At least under DR our university grew where it matters most: academics and research. Guice has done nothing but sit there and allow things to "just kind of happen around him."

I mention Guice because if he was really tuned-in to athletics, as many of you asserted, he wouldn't tolerate the crap TMAC is peddling. It's VERY clear that our Southland Conference AD is in WAY over his head....of course, some of us said as much when he was hired. But even IF one could make the case, at the time, he deserved a shot, he's proven he has FAILED miserably. But, Guice won't do anything....sad, for someone who is supposed "to get it."

+ Reply to Thread