Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
Quality road win. But....53% FT shooting? R U kidding me? I bet that drives Brooke nuts, given she was the all-time, men's and women's, career FT shooting champ. (I think a player has since surpassed her %, but she's still the 2nd best ALL TIME!) I have not touched a basketball in more than a year. I bet, after a brief warm up, I could hit 8 of 10 from the line. It's technique and mental focus. Like riding a bike, one never forgets the mechanics of shooting a basketball.

Okay....'nough of the negative. Looks like Brooke is being Brooke...getting her team to peak when it matters most. This has been her track record. I am cautiously optimistic we will win it in Frisco. Let me clarify... I have no doubt we will play well, because Brooke has this team peaking and believing in itself. But we all know that in this game, night to night, anything can happen. We've seen our teams victimized by some player getting red hot and shooting lights out from the arc, like hitting 10 three's when that same player had hit only 4 all season long! Ugh! It happens.

That is why I won't say: we will definitely win it all in Frisco. I will say: we will play well enough to win it all.

Go Techsters!

I LOVE to see a player's coach! Watching those locker room videos show that her teams respect her and are SO wanting to please her! They are a true team!