+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: W. Basketball. @LATechWBB Snaps Rice's 15-game Home Winning Streak

Champ Tech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant future Tech52's Avatar

Re: W. Basketball. @LATechWBB, Rice Battle for C-USA Seeding

Unless I am missing something and charlotte lost one of their last two games tonight.

I'm just a bot - I can't respond to your posts News_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the rough News_Bot's Avatar

W. Basketball. @LATechWBB Snaps Rice's 15-game Home Winning Streak

A new article has been posted on www.latechsports.com:

Kierra Anthony scored a career-high 30 points to lead Louisiana Tech to a 70-62 victory over the Rice Owls Thursday night, snapping the Owls 15-game home winning streak which dated back to last season.

More...

Discuss it here.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

WTG Techsters!

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

Really strong finish to the season going on the road and dominating the top teams. Hopefully the ladies can keep the momentum going in Frisco and go dancing!

Champ revf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond repute revf's Avatar

Well isn’t this a throwback.

A strong WBB program and mediocre to bad everything else.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Tech52 View Post
    Could be 3. No lower than 4. We should get the bye.
    Yes indeed.

Champ FriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Tech52 View Post
    I think Charlotte can take 3 if they win out and both Rice and MTSU lose, since they beat us. But we remain top 4. As long as either Rice or MTSU wins another game we should be fine for 3.
    Tech will be #3 seed if Rice wins Saturday.

The only scenarios where Tech won't be #3 is if Charlotte wins and both MT and Rice lose (Charlotte #3 and Tech #4) and if MT and Charlotte both win and Rice loses. In that last scenario MT would be #3, and Charlotte would get #4 by the head-to-head over Tech.

Champ Tech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant future Tech52's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FriscoDawg View Post
    Tech will be #3 seed if Rice wins Saturday.

The only scenarios where Tech won't be #3 is if Charlotte wins and both MT and Rice lose (Charlotte #3 and Tech #4) and if MT and Charlotte both win and Rice loses. In that last scenario MT would be #3, and Charlotte would get #4 by the head-to-head over Tech.
    Yes it seems I forgot that scenario. Lets hope it doesnt occur.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Here are the top 14 as of Friday 3-2-18:

Southern Miss beat WKU last night in a HUGE upset....

1 seed will probably be UAB. They have the tie breaker over WKU... UAB still has to play UTSA at UTSA, though, so that could change.
    WKU has UTEP at UTEP, which WKU should walk away with....

For Tech, Rice, MTSU, and Charlotte:
    Tech has finished the regular season
    Rice has North Texas at Rice left. I would give Rice a huge edge in that one.
    MTSU has ODU at MTSU left. Advantage MTSU
    Charlotte has FAU at Charlotte left. Advantage Charlotte

Tech52 is correct:
    We got this! We need WKU to win and UAB to be upset now, so that WKU gets the 1 seed. I don't think that will happen, but was hoping for us to be a 3 and WKU to be a 1 to put them on the opposite side of the bracket from us. Dang Southern Miss getting in the way again by beating WKU.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Ayana Walker was there showing her support last night!
    https://www.facebook.com/LATechWBB/videos/10160128624680083/

I am still in shock with Anthony's play - 30 points! They packed in on Malone and Stahly at the 3 point line. Stayly still got her 3's and Malone still got a double double. By the time they started concentrating on Anthony, she was in the zone!

I watched on CUSA tv and the refs were DEFINITELY NOT helping us in any way. There were some very questionable charging calls made on us and very few fouls called that were obvious by Rice. We took care of business, anyway!

Quote Originally Posted by revf View Post
    Well isn’t this a throwback.

A strong WBB program and mediocre to bad everything else.
    I don't think football sucks.... Yes, we should have had a much better season, but the beat down of SMU in the bowl game was fantastic! Recruiting got a boost from that, as well! SMU didn't look like they belonged on the field with us. Now, men's Basketball really does blow this year... It will take a miracle to turn that around in the tournament.

With a great chance at a 3 seed, there is no doubt we are heading into the CUSA tournament as the hottest team in the conference. If we can keep the energy and focus going, we can beat anyone in this conference on a neutral floor. Ending the season with a 2 game win streak on the road against what was 2 of the top 4 teams and USM beating WKU last night, it is wide open!

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Quality road win. But....53% FT shooting? R U kidding me? I bet that drives Brooke nuts, given she was the all-time, men's and women's, career FT shooting champ. (I think a player has since surpassed her %, but she's still the 2nd best ALL TIME!) I have not touched a basketball in more than a year. I bet, after a brief warm up, I could hit 8 of 10 from the line. It's technique and mental focus. Like riding a bike, one never forgets the mechanics of shooting a basketball.

Okay....'nough of the negative. Looks like Brooke is being Brooke...getting her team to peak when it matters most. This has been her track record. I am cautiously optimistic we will win it in Frisco. Let me clarify... I have no doubt we will play well, because Brooke has this team peaking and believing in itself. But we all know that in this game, night to night, anything can happen. We've seen our teams victimized by some player getting red hot and shooting lights out from the arc, like hitting 10 three's when that same player had hit only 4 all season long! Ugh! It happens.

That is why I won't say: we will definitely win it all in Frisco. I will say: we will play well enough to win it all.

Go Techsters!

+ Reply to Thread