+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2018 Tourney bracket

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

Re: 2018 Tourney bracket

Quote Originally Posted by skilldawg View Post
    http://sidearm.sites.s3.amazonaws.co...BB_Bracket.pdf

Had no idea they are playing 2 men’s games at a time. Always enjoyed being able to watch all day...
    This was my first conference tourney, and I loved it... except that it was a shame both of our teams got knocked out so quickly.

It was 5 hours of non-stop MBB from 6-11 PM for the 1st Round on Wednesday and quarterfinals on Thursday. You could walk from one court to the other in between games and at halftime or sit where you could watch both courts simultaneously. For example on Wednesday, I watched the 2nd half of UTEP-UTSA, which ended on the other court right before our game started. Then I walked over for our game, checked out UAB-FAU during our halftime, and then after our game ended, walked back over to catch the end of the UAB game. Pretty neat IMO. I don't think I could sit in an arena and watch 4 full basketball games all day long.

You could watch all day if you wanted some WBB. This format solved the problem of one school's MBB and WBB teams playing simultaneously at different venues. It also solved the problem of MBB games being played during work/school hours when many fans can't watch.

There were no overlapping games on Friday or Saturday.

Champ skilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond repute skilldawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dawg06 View Post
    This was my first conference tourney, and I loved it... except that it was a shame both of our teams got knocked out so quickly.

It was 5 hours of non-stop MBB from 6-11 PM for the 1st Round on Wednesday and quarterfinals on Thursday. You could walk from one court to the other in between games and at halftime or sit where you could watch both courts simultaneously. For example on Wednesday, I watched the 2nd half of UTEP-UTSA, which ended on the other court right before our game started. Then I walked over for our game, checked out UAB-FAU during our halftime, and then after our game ended, walked back over to catch the end of the UAB game. Pretty neat IMO. I don't think I could sit in an arena and watch 4 full basketball games all day long.

You could watch all day if you wanted some WBB. This format solved the problem of one school's MBB and WBB teams playing simultaneously at different venues. It also solved the problem of MBB games being played during work/school hours when many fans can't watch.

There were no overlapping games on Friday or Saturday.
    I did the same thing you did on Thursday and Friday. Liked it, but having been able to see all in the past I still prefer the option to binge. Doesn’t matter what I want though, they gonna do what they gonna do. All in all, Frisco was light years ahead of UAB. El Paso is still a competitive set up and in some ways superior, but is so far away for everyone.

As far as same venue stuff goes, our men and women were headed for same time slot games had they both played on Friday.

Champ Tech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant future Tech52's Avatar

The men would have played at 3 and the women would have played at 8.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tech52 View Post
    that would have been a late night for Skill

Champ skilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond repute skilldawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tech52 View Post
    My bad. I was going on memory and must have misread

+ Reply to Thread