Quote Originally Posted by Dawg-n-Pony View Post
Im a coach from DFW and very familiar with Pemberton, Harris, Sherman and Powell. We're very protective of our own.
You are mostly right about Sherman. Add in that he didnt want to play center and thats all he played at LT and he was under utilized (20mpg) and you have a recipe for xfer.

You miss the mark big time on Harris. Im not going to get into opinions (stank attitude, wanting to shoot all the shots) because I know that to be false and its not worthy of an anonymous debate. The "no defense" label is easy to throw around because few people understand or pay attention to good defense unless someone is getting a block, steal or charge. Harris rated as 1 of the best defensive players this year. Not my opinion...stats.

Points allowed Per Possession defended
Harris - .705
Boykins - 1.09
Jean - .806
Bracey - .762

FG% Def
Harris - 34.1%
Boykins - 46.6%
Jean - 35.5%
Bracey - 32%

%TO (% of possessions defended that led to TO)
Harris - 19.7%
Boykins - 9.4%
Jean - 10.1%
Bracey - 12.3%

I have more stats, but I think you get the picture. Feel free to hate every kid that stays/leaves the program for whatever reason you want. But dont try to convince others to do the same using false narratives.

DFW is a HOTBED full of talent right now. Will be hard to recruit when 2-3 kids transfer within a year. And it probably wouldve been 4 had Slim not retired. Something to think about.
WHO they guard is significant. Might want to include the ppg avg in order to get an appropriate read.