+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: W. Basketball. @LATechWBB Faces Upset-Minded North Texas in C-USA Tourney

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

Re: W. Basketball. @LATechWBB Faces Upset-Minded North Texas in C-USA Tourney

This result is what I expected. This has been the most inconsistent team I've ever seen. Win the tough games. Lose the gimmes. Story of the season.

But Brooke had a record of overachieving and coaching her best basketball during the conference tournament at NWST. Unfortunately, not the case here.

Now we gotta find a way to replace our best player. Malone was really fun to watch. She just didn't get much help.

Big Dog RUBLUE is a jewel in the roughRUBLUE is a jewel in the roughRUBLUE is a jewel in the roughRUBLUE is a jewel in the roughRUBLUE is a jewel in the roughRUBLUE is a jewel in the roughRUBLUE is a jewel in the roughRUBLUE is a jewel in the roughRUBLUE is a jewel in the roughRUBLUE is a jewel in the roughRUBLUE is a jewel in the rough

If I had known then what I know now, I wouldn’t have complained about Chris Long so much. Probably the last coach we will ever have with +60% wins.

Big Dog exit84 is just really niceexit84 is just really niceexit84 is just really niceexit84 is just really niceexit84 is just really niceexit84 is just really niceexit84 is just really niceexit84 is just really niceexit84 is just really nice exit84's Avatar

Mediocre players equals mediocre results.

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

Success is just not for Tech. Get used to more of the same.

Big Dog DeepGreen has much to be proud ofDeepGreen has much to be proud ofDeepGreen has much to be proud ofDeepGreen has much to be proud ofDeepGreen has much to be proud ofDeepGreen has much to be proud ofDeepGreen has much to be proud ofDeepGreen has much to be proud ofDeepGreen has much to be proud ofDeepGreen has much to be proud ofDeepGreen has much to be proud of DeepGreen's Avatar

According to the UNT post game writeup, "The victory is the Mean Green's first against the Lady Techsters all-time (1-12)." Wow!

I'm just a bot - I can't respond to your posts News_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the rough News_Bot's Avatar

W. Basketball. @LATechWBB Sees C-USA Tournament End with 76-69 Loss

A new article has been posted on www.latechsports.com:

Alexus Malone scored 27 points and Reauna Cleaver added 15 points but North Texas built a 19-point third quarter lead and held off a furious Louisiana Tech rally as the Mean Green defeated the Lady Techsters 76-69 Thursday afternoon at The Star in Conference USA Tournament quarterfinal action.

More...

Discuss it here.

Champ Tech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant future Tech52's Avatar

Really?

Varsity Bulldog Dawg74 is a name known to allDawg74 is a name known to allDawg74 is a name known to allDawg74 is a name known to allDawg74 is a name known to allDawg74 is a name known to allDawg74 is a name known to allDawg74 is a name known to allDawg74 is a name known to allDawg74 is a name known to allDawg74 is a name known to all

Coach Brooke is awesome. Talent not there yet. And 60% of 30 games is 18, so they won 19.....one really breakout player could change the whole landscape....that "uphill climb" at the end on the road may have taken its toll...if anybody can continue to progress forward, it's Coach Brooke...

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

So what needs to change? We slightly improved this season but we also had some of the most embarassing losses in many years. Don't forget last year we lost to MSU at home by 40? maybe more. This year Texas made us look like a middle school.

So what do we need to do? Is it as simple as getting one player that's good? We have some good talent now. Are they just not good enough?

Big Dog exit84 is just really niceexit84 is just really niceexit84 is just really niceexit84 is just really niceexit84 is just really niceexit84 is just really niceexit84 is just really niceexit84 is just really niceexit84 is just really nice exit84's Avatar

I believe we have a good coach, but average players. Not a receipe for success.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by DeepGreen View Post
    According to the UNT post game writeup, "The victory is the Mean Green's first against the Lady Techsters all-time (1-12)." Wow!
    That makes me feel so much better.

Varsity Bulldog Dawg74 is a name known to allDawg74 is a name known to allDawg74 is a name known to allDawg74 is a name known to allDawg74 is a name known to allDawg74 is a name known to allDawg74 is a name known to allDawg74 is a name known to allDawg74 is a name known to allDawg74 is a name known to allDawg74 is a name known to all

I think you are likely correct exit84....it will take several "above average" players to get there...question is..."are we past the point with what we have to offer" to lure those type players here?? I mean, yes, a great education....but, what else we got?? Got to get somebody thats a stud that wants to make impact in redirecting things, then "others" may come...kind of like getting "AMIK" in football, I believe its helped us land a few others...I have faith it will happen, and soon..

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

First, we were not ready to play yesterday. Coaches can only do so much in that arena. Players have got to motivate themselves as well. And I thought Brooke was absolutely LOUSY in the 1st Half. You all know how much I like her as our coach, but I have to be honest and call it the way I see it.

Yes, it is true the refs sucked and we got screwed. Yes, it is true UNT was enjoying one of those days when they were throwing up prayers, and they were answered. And that is why the coach has got to assert him/herself and stop the bleeding. Brooke did nothing but spectate from the sideline. She might as well have gotten a hotdog and watched the game from the stands. She took THREE timeouts with her into the locker room at the half.

She wasn't much better in the 2nd half. The team played with more urgency...after getting behind by 19 right out of the gate in the 3rd qtr...but other than changing defenses some, using a full-court press, sparingly, the 2nd half was exactly like the 1st. The refs continued to suck, and UNT continued to play over their heads. The only difference was UNT came back down to Earth some and missed more of their wild shots than they did in the 1st half.

Talent-wise I think UNT is superior. Their top 7 (they don't go deep on their bench) is better than our top 7. Their coach is mediocre, at best, she didn't "coach" a great game. Her players played a great game though.

I think we have a good coach, but we are devoid of real talent, and it's going to be a tough mountain to climb to rectify that.

2004 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion Bone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant future Bone_afide_Dawg's Avatar

I haven’t been a basketball fan since the bygone days of Barmore and probably never will be again thanks to Reneau’s kiss of death. I know it’s an old subject but it just goes to show the undeniable longevity of dumbass decision making. I wish them well but in a sport where the upper echelon programs get ALL the talent, Tech doesn’t stand a chance.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by exit84 View Post
    I believe we have a good coach, but average players. Not a receipe for success.
    I agree. But now we're about to find out how good Brooke really is. Brooke is going to have to recruit much better players, beginning NOW.

+ Reply to Thread