+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: W. Basketball. @LATechWBB Faces Upset-Minded North Texas in C-USA Tourney

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

Re: W. Basketball. @LATechWBB Faces Upset-Minded North Texas in C-USA Tourney

Quote Originally Posted by Bone_afide_Dawg View Post
    I haven’t been a basketball fan since the bygone days of Barmore and probably never will be again thanks to Reneau’s kiss of death. I know it’s an old subject but it just goes to show the undeniable longevity of dumbass decision making. I wish them well but in a sport where the upper echelon programs get ALL the talent, Tech doesn’t stand a chance.
    And in WBB, there just isn't as much talent to go around. MBB, most programs can pick up enough guys to compete. But in WBB...if you're late to the table there's nothing left.

Champ Wade_Antley has a reputation beyond reputeWade_Antley has a reputation beyond reputeWade_Antley has a reputation beyond reputeWade_Antley has a reputation beyond reputeWade_Antley has a reputation beyond reputeWade_Antley has a reputation beyond reputeWade_Antley has a reputation beyond reputeWade_Antley has a reputation beyond reputeWade_Antley has a reputation beyond reputeWade_Antley has a reputation beyond reputeWade_Antley has a reputation beyond repute Wade_Antley's Avatar

I mentioned in one of these threads that WKU is picking up a top 100 recruit (top 20 at PG) for next fall and they have another stud F too. They're gonna be good for a while.

Not to sound defeated but Brooke is probably our last hope. She's the last connection to the Barmore teams.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

We have the right coach and the talent level has already started to increase. We ran into a wall at North Texas in the first half and it took them a while to cool off. It was miserable to watch until we started taking off in the 3rd. We played out of our minds to close out the 3rd and in the 4th. Malone and Sweets were beasts, but it was just too late. North Texas did just enough to stay ahead after a furious comeback. I was horribly disappointed, but it does happen. We were at our best heading into the tournament, but it wasn't meant to be this year. Slow baby steps, but I will not be discouraged about next year. We HAVE to fill Malone's void, though....

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

The finals will be between UAB and WKU.... I would give WKU the edge, even though they are the 2 seed.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

What was the WKU-UNT score?

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by champion110 View Post
    We have the right coach and the talent level has already started to increase. We ran into a wall at North Texas in the first half and it took them a while to cool off. It was miserable to watch until we started taking off in the 3rd. We played out of our minds to close out the 3rd and in the 4th. Malone and Sweets were beasts, but it was just too late. North Texas did just enough to stay ahead after a furious comeback. I was horribly disappointed, but it does happen. We were at our best heading into the tournament, but it wasn't meant to be this year. Slow baby steps, but I will not be discouraged about next year. We HAVE to fill Malone's void, though....
    Malone and Cleaver miss chippy shots and layups.

Champ Tech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant future Tech52's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    What was the WKU-UNT score?
    It was close but they separated in the second half, 61-77.

Champ Russdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Western leading UAB in womens final 59-48 with 7:30 to play

Western Kentucky champs 72-57

Champ Wade_Antley has a reputation beyond reputeWade_Antley has a reputation beyond reputeWade_Antley has a reputation beyond reputeWade_Antley has a reputation beyond reputeWade_Antley has a reputation beyond reputeWade_Antley has a reputation beyond reputeWade_Antley has a reputation beyond reputeWade_Antley has a reputation beyond reputeWade_Antley has a reputation beyond reputeWade_Antley has a reputation beyond reputeWade_Antley has a reputation beyond repute Wade_Antley's Avatar

Yeah, I know I'm a broken record but WKU is gonna be the top team for awhile. It's good that they are strong, now we need to rise to meet them.

Quote Originally Posted by Wade_Antley View Post
    Yeah, I know I'm a broken record but WKU is gonna be the top team for awhile. It's good that they are strong, now we need to rise to meet them.
    Their 2 seniors were really their stars coming in. Tashia and Ivy Brown are both graduating. They have some great talent right behind them, but I am glad those two will be gone. Their top 100 freshman recruit will be good, but a freshman - which is always a guess on how good she will be or if it will work out. They will be good again for sure, but those 2 seniors being gone will help some. Of course, we will REALLY miss Malone!

Champ Russdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Hoping for an NIT Bid, but we didnt close the deal and get to 20 wins, so who knows?

Probably UAB plus Rice (Rice has an eyecatching 23-8 record) in spite of losing to us twice ARE IN.

Normally CUSA would get 1-2 more bids: us at 19-11, MTSU 18-12, maybe NTSU at 17-14 with their conference tourney run are being looked at. No NIT = disappointing season. Hope we play again.

Quote Originally Posted by Russdawg View Post
    Hoping for an NIT Bid, but we didnt close the deal and get to 20 wins, so who knows?

Probably UAB plus Rice (Rice has an eyecatching 23-8 record) in spite of losing to us twice ARE IN.

Normally CUSA would get 1-2 more bids: us at 19-11, MTSU 18-12, maybe NTSU at 17-14 with their conference tourney run are being looked at. No NIT = disappointing season. Hope we play again.
    I would be pleasantly surprised. Beating UAB and Rice helps, but no 20 wins and that loss to North Texas hurt us. I don't think MTSU or North Texas will get in, but you never know. UAB gets in automatically, Rice next, and Tech on the bubble...

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

Honestly I don't know if the NIT makes it not a disappointing season. A good season for me would be a deep run in the conference tourney and 20 wins. NIT might accompany that but its not my benchmark.

I fear we've become too accustomed to poverty (in all sports, tbh).

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Dawg View Post
    Honestly I don't know if the NIT makes it not a disappointing season. A good season for me would be a deep run in the conference tourney and 20 wins. NIT might accompany that but its not my benchmark.

I fear we've become too accustomed to poverty (in all sports, tbh).
    Basically I see it that way too. I had NO expectation of ncaa this year, just a faint hope. I DID expect NIT, basically top 3-4 in conference. To me, 20 wins, compete for conference titles, annual NIT with frequent hosting a game, every once in a while ncaa would be success.

At least Lincoln Parish will dance this year with Grambling.

Basically I see it that way too. I had NO expectation of ncaa this year, just a faint hope. I DID expect NIT, basically top 3-4 in conference. To me, 20 wins, compete for conference titles, annual NIT with frequent hosting a game, every once in a while ncaa would be success.

At least Lincoln Parish will dance this year with Grambling.
    That makes sense. I see those metrics more as on the way to success. Success to me would be regular (1/3 years?) NCAA appearances, Top 3 in conference, 20-25 wins. All extremely long shots. Maybe Brooke is the person to do it. But my hope is fading fast. At this point I'm just happy that the team we have has a lot of good character. That goes a long way.

+ Reply to Thread