+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018-2019 Roster

Bulldog Dawg-n-Pony is a jewel in the roughDawg-n-Pony is a jewel in the roughDawg-n-Pony is a jewel in the roughDawg-n-Pony is a jewel in the roughDawg-n-Pony is a jewel in the roughDawg-n-Pony is a jewel in the roughDawg-n-Pony is a jewel in the roughDawg-n-Pony is a jewel in the roughDawg-n-Pony is a jewel in the roughDawg-n-Pony is a jewel in the roughDawg-n-Pony is a jewel in the rough Dawg-n-Pony's Avatar

Re: 2018-2019 Roster

Quote Originally Posted by skilldawg View Post

That is why identity and passion matters. If we are a 40 minutes of hell team... everyone gets their minutes. No transfers.
    Unless there is a significant dip in talent between starters and reserves...i dont know why more schools dont commit to uptempo style. especially schools that dont get "top 100s"

Champ skilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond repute skilldawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dawg-n-Pony View Post
    Unless there is a significant dip in talent between starters and reserves...i dont know why more schools dont commit to uptempo style. especially schools that dont get "top 100s"
    I don’t either. We had a niche in a very small pool. Konkol came in here saying we would maintain that identity. We haven’t. That is my biggest problem with him. He hasn’t kept his word and we have no identity.

Champ revf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond repute revf's Avatar

I think uptempo and press is the way to go. It’s excting basketball that people come to see (yeah I know our attendance is way up this year).

But uptempo also evens the field against more slow down teams. But as others have said if your starters and bench are comparable, play uptempo and rotate frequently.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

I don’t either. We had a niche in a very small pool. Konkol came in here saying we would maintain that identity. We haven’t. That is my biggest problem with him. He hasn’t kept his word and we have no identity.
    Quote Originally Posted by revf View Post
    I think uptempo and press is the way to go. It’s excting basketball that people come to see (yeah I know our attendance is way up this year).

But uptempo also evens the field against more slow down teams. But as others have said if your starters and bench are comparable, play uptempo and rotate frequently.
    Amen

Champ skilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond repute skilldawg's Avatar

1. Derric Jean 6-2/190 Guard SR 3L Miami, FL McArthur HS
    2. Kyle McKinley 6-10/230 Center JR TR, Stillwater, MN Northeast CC (Nebraska)
    3. Armstrong Ojunkwu 6-9/245 JR TR, Nigeria, San Diego Mesa College
    4. Oliver Powell 6-8/230 Forward JR 2L Garland, TX Rowlett HS
    5. Rashawn Langston 6-3/185 Guard JR TR, Little Rock, AR Connors State College
    6. Daquan Bracey 5-11/174 Guard JR 2L Baltimore, MD St. Frances HS
    7. Anthony Duruji 6-7/198 Forward SO 1L Potomac MD, St. Andrews Episcopal HS
    8. Jakolby Pemberton 6-6/175 Forward RSSO 1L Dallas, TX Lancaster HS

9. Exavion Christon 6-4/197 Guard SO 1L Hot Springs, AR Hot Springs Senior HS
    10. Amorie Archibald 6-3/176 Guard SO 1L Deltona, FL Trinity Christian Academy
    11. Stacey Thomas 6-8/210 Forward FR HS Houston, TX Fortbend Christian Home School

Current Scholarships by Class:

Senior 1
    Junior 5
    Sophomore 4
    Freshman 1

By State:

Texas 3
    Arkansas 2
    Florida 2
    Maryland 2
    Minnesota 1
    Nigeria 1 (yeah I know it is not a State)

Big Dog tech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to all

If Mike White had this roster we would be expecting a championship!

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by tech70 View Post
    If Mike White had this roster we would be expecting a championship!
    Then we should as well.

I would like to see a couple of more contributors, since we have 2 schlorships left. I probably should be happy that it appears they are placing a value on them.

If we can’t find anybody now, hold them for the fall and avoid having a class of one for 2019 Freshmen.

Champ touchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond repute touchdown123's Avatar

Yea he can't seem to force himself to do it. Seems contrary to his understanding of "good basketball". I've often wondered if his "press" is a weak nod to the fan base that he trying.

Get turnovers, dunk the ball. I just said something similar in football. It applies across the board: we should be playing the most aggressive and exciting brand of whatever sport. And as much as the AD should stay out of coaching, it needs to be understood by every new hire.

Amen. In Football TECH almost invented the forward pass. Not so much anymore...
    Quote Originally Posted by touchdown123 View Post
    Yea he can't seem to force himself to do it. Seems contrary to his understanding of "good basketball". I've often wondered if his "press" is a weak nod to the fan base that he trying.

Get turnovers, dunk the ball. I just said something similar in football. It applies across the board: we should be playing the most aggressive and exciting brand of whatever sport. And as much as the AD should stay out of coaching, it needs to be understood by every new hire.

In furtherance of TD123’s point about excitement, if Konkol can’t stomach the press, do the next best thing and implement a suffocating 2/3 zone on occasion.

Added the McNeese Transfer. 1 Scholarship available.

After this season, we look to be way top heavy with upperclassmen, so they may
    hold the last one until the Fall.

1. Derric Jean 6-2/190 Guard SR 3L Miami, FL McArthur HS
    2. Kyle McKinley 6-10/230 Center JR TR, Stillwater, MN Northeast CC (Nebraska)
    3. Armstrong Ojunkwu 6-9/245 JR TR, Nigeria, San Diego Mesa College
    4. Oliver Powell 6-8/230 Forward JR 2L Garland, TX Rowlett HS
    5. Rashawn Langston 6-3/185 Guard JR TR, Little Rock, AR Connors State College
    6. Daquan Bracey 5-11/174 Guard JR 2L Baltimore, MD St. Frances HS
    7. Anthony Duruji 6-7/198 Forward SO 1L Potomac MD, St. Andrews Episcopal HS
    8. Jakolby Pemberton 6-6/175 Forward RSSO 1L Dallas, TX Lancaster HS

9. Exavion Christon 6-4/197 Guard SO 1L Hot Springs, AR Hot Springs Senior HS
    10. Kalob Ladoux 6-3/215 Guard RSSO TR, Port Barre, LA McNeese State
    11. Amorie Archibald 6-3/176 Guard SO 1L Deltona, FL Trinity Christian Academy
    12. Stacey Thomas 6-8/210 Forward FR HS Houston, TX Fortbend Christian Home School

Current Scholarships by Class:

Senior 1
    Junior 5
    Sophomore 5
    Freshman 1

By State/Country:

Texas 3
    Arkansas 2
    Florida 2
    Maryland 2
    Louisiana 1
    Minnesota 1
    Nigeria 1

To recap: on opening day in November, we had 1 Senior and a Full Roster.

Signed Stacey Thomas (HS) in November as Boykins Replacement, so we were full up for Fall, 2018.

December - Jalen Harris (SO) transfers (Nevada)

April - Joniah White (JR) retires due to medical issues
    Jy'lan Washington (JR) transfers/leaves for parts still unknown
    Harrison Curry (JR) transfers/leaves for parts unknown having scored 1 point in his 6 minute career at TECH

April/May signed

Armstrong Ojnkwu (JR)
    Rashawn Langston (JR)
    Kalob Ladoux (SO)

As much as I have been irked at times, I don't envy this staff.
    Last edited by skilldawg; 05-24-2018 at 01:00 PM.

Champ touchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond repute touchdown123's Avatar

College basketball fans have gone from "if we don't stop this transfer culture it will be free agency every summer" to "it's free agency every summer"

I think it's time coaches adapt recruiting approaches. Maybe a team chock full of transfers is actually more stable than a team chock full of hs signees. A transfer on average is less liky to transfer again (I'd think).

+ Reply to Thread