+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018-2019 Roster

Champ skilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond repute skilldawg's Avatar

Re: 2018-2019 Roster

Quote Originally Posted by touchdown123 View Post
    I think it's time coaches adapt recruiting approaches. Maybe a team chock full of transfers is actually more stable than a team chock full of hs signees. A transfer on average is less liky to transfer again (I'd think).
    You might be on to something. Then again, the 40 minutes of Hell guys may be too.

Play the promised style (does anyone else remember Konkol’s press conference the way I do? I could be very misguided) and everyone that is capable gets satisfying minutes. If they are transferring under that scheme, they truly can’t cut it.

Champ skilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond repute skilldawg's Avatar

Champ touchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond repute touchdown123's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by skilldawg View Post
    I recall statements at least implying, if no explicit statements, that he was going to keep up the pace of play. I think he qualified it more later by saying we would be more selective when we press.

He has definitely gotten away from it. Hasn't replaced it with anything else either. Year 2 we saw some very discipline man to man half court at times, but it went away year 3.

Maybe the lack of pressure, full court or otherwise, is excused by not having a rim protector. But he doesn't seem to even push tempo after a rebound. Run the damn floor jeez.

Bulldog Dawg-n-Pony is a jewel in the roughDawg-n-Pony is a jewel in the roughDawg-n-Pony is a jewel in the roughDawg-n-Pony is a jewel in the roughDawg-n-Pony is a jewel in the roughDawg-n-Pony is a jewel in the roughDawg-n-Pony is a jewel in the roughDawg-n-Pony is a jewel in the roughDawg-n-Pony is a jewel in the roughDawg-n-Pony is a jewel in the roughDawg-n-Pony is a jewel in the rough Dawg-n-Pony's Avatar

December - Jalen Harris (SO) transfers (Utah State)

Jy'lan Washington (JR) transfers/leaves for parts still unknown
    Harrison Curry (JR) transfers/leaves for parts unknown having scored 1 point in his 6 minute career at TECH

As much as I have been irked at times, I don't envy this staff.
    Harris is at Nevada.
    Washington is at Tennessee Tech
    Curry is still undecided

Bulldog Dawg-n-Pony is a jewel in the roughDawg-n-Pony is a jewel in the roughDawg-n-Pony is a jewel in the roughDawg-n-Pony is a jewel in the roughDawg-n-Pony is a jewel in the roughDawg-n-Pony is a jewel in the roughDawg-n-Pony is a jewel in the roughDawg-n-Pony is a jewel in the roughDawg-n-Pony is a jewel in the roughDawg-n-Pony is a jewel in the roughDawg-n-Pony is a jewel in the rough Dawg-n-Pony's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by touchdown123 View Post
    I think it's time coaches adapt recruiting approaches. Maybe a team chock full of transfers is actually more stable than a team chock full of hs signees. A transfer on average is less liky to transfer again (I'd think).

Its way past time. And the NCAA needs to remove the penalty year for xfers. (plays broken record). There is no legit reason other than "thats how weve always done it" that kids should be penalized for leaving a school. Especially when these are 1-year contracts they sign with the school. Coaches leave multi-year contracts on a whim for what they hope to be greener pastures AFTER they spend weeks/months/years telling kids how much theyd love to be with them at X great university. Kid arrives...coach leaves for Y university. But thats cool though. Makes no logical/ethical sense.

I think you will see more schools adopting the xfer model. With the success of Loyola, Nevada, Iowa State (hoiberg) and even Louisiana Lafayette...its bound to happen. The only schools that win with traditional rosters are the blue bloods...and even they are embracing the xfer model. Kansas will have 4-5 on the roster this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Dawg-n-Pony View Post
    Harris is at Nevada.
    Washington is at Tennessee Tech
    Curry is still undecided
    Brain fart on Harris

Here is a list of all the roster/coaching changes under the new regime and a grade for how that decision APPEARS to have turned out from a hoops perspective. Any projections for how the latest will fare at their new homes?

Dayon Griffin – UCF - Par
    Qiydar Davis – ISU – Birdie
    Merrill Holden – ISU - Bogey
    Branden Sheppard - William Carey – Double Bogey
    DaShawn Robinson - Lamar - Par
    Luke Walker – William Jessup - Bogey
    Omar Sherman – William Penn - Double Bogey
    Jalen Harris - Nevada - ?
    Jylan Washington - Tennessee Tech - ?
    Jeremiah Taylor - ? - ?
    Harrison Curry – ? - ?

Coaches
    Corey Barker – TCU – Eagle
    Shawn Forrest – SMU – Par
    Tony Skinn – Seton Hall – ?

Here is a list of all the roster/coaching changes under the new regime and a grade for how that decision APPEARS to have turned out from a hoops perspective. Any projections for how the latest will fare at their new homes?

Dayon Griffin – UCF - Par
    Qiydar Davis – ISU – Birdie
    Merrill Holden – ISU - Bogey
    Branden Sheppard - William Carey – Double Bogey
    DaShawn Robinson - Lamar - Par
    Luke Walker – William Jessup - Bogey
    Omar Sherman – William Penn - Double Bogey
    Jalen Harris - Nevada - ?
    Jylan Washington - Tennessee Tech - ?
    Jeremiah Taylor - ? - ?
    Harrison Curry – ? - ?

Coaches
    Corey Barker – TCU – Eagle
    Shawn Forrest – SMU – Par
    Tony Skinn – Seton Hall – ?
    Good info and scores look fair to me. I don’t think the William Penn transfer was ever reported here. What an idiot.

Varsity Bulldog tech_dawg_fan is a glorious beacon of lighttech_dawg_fan is a glorious beacon of lighttech_dawg_fan is a glorious beacon of lighttech_dawg_fan is a glorious beacon of lighttech_dawg_fan is a glorious beacon of lighttech_dawg_fan is a glorious beacon of lighttech_dawg_fan is a glorious beacon of lighttech_dawg_fan is a glorious beacon of lighttech_dawg_fan is a glorious beacon of lighttech_dawg_fan is a glorious beacon of lighttech_dawg_fan is a glorious beacon of light tech_dawg_fan's Avatar

Good info and scores look fair to me. I don’t think the William Penn transfer was ever reported here. What an idiot.
    Omar did not play college basketball last year, and definitely did not go to an NAIA school. I think he played in Europe or tried to get signed by a Euro team. I can't find a headline or stats to where he went exactly.

2011 NFL Survivor Champion nadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond repute nadB's Avatar

I think you will see more schools adopting the xfer model..............
    Interesting grad transfer to ODU.

https://pilotonline.com/sports/colle...c7413c8ec.html

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

The only thing missing from all this "transfer" crap is, LA Tech doesn't seem to be getting their fair share. Okay, fine. If college basketball has turned into nothing more than a market for prostitutes, then Konkol needs to go out and pick up some prostitutes. I mean, err......well, you guys know what I mean. PLAYERS, yeah, that's it.

The point is, LA Tech can't continue this one way street of shipping players out every year like a Junior college. It's time to start signing some transfers of our own. The swinging door has got to work both ways.

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    The only thing missing from all this "transfer" crap is, LA Tech doesn't seem to be getting their fair share. Okay, fine. If college basketball has turned into nothing more than a market for prostitutes, then Konkol needs to go out and pick up some prostitutes. I mean, err......well, you guys know what I mean. PLAYERS, yeah, that's it.

The point is, LA Tech can't continue this one way street of shipping players out every year like a Junior college. It's time to start signing some transfers of our own. The swinging door has got to work both ways.
    Always the wingman/bridesmaid.

Champ touchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond repute touchdown123's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post

This.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

McCree was a transfer and he worked out pretty good for us...
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

+ Reply to Thread