+ Reply to Thread

Thread: UNT win CIT Tourney?

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

UNT win CIT Tourney?

Did I see that UNT won that tourney? Score flashed on bottom of screen, on ESPN, I think it was.

Champ maverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond repute

Re: UNT win CIT Tourney?

They won the CBI tournament.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Oh! thanks. Congrats to them.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Yes and a young team with a new coach got better....
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

Why is everyone so excited about a pay-to-play invitational? CUSA twitter is acting like they just won the NC.

Big Dog olddawgfan is on top of his/her gameolddawgfan is on top of his/her gameolddawgfan is on top of his/her gameolddawgfan is on top of his/her gameolddawgfan is on top of his/her gameolddawgfan is on top of his/her gameolddawgfan is on top of his/her gameolddawgfan is on top of his/her gameolddawgfan is on top of his/her gameolddawgfan is on top of his/her gameolddawgfan is on top of his/her game

UNT lost the first game then came back and won the last two.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Dawg View Post
    Why is everyone so excited about a pay-to-play invitational? CUSA twitter is acting like they just won the NC.
    It's a competition with "good" teams. It's an accomplishment.

Of course, we all know that ONLY the Dance is worth winning, and ONLY the Dance has GOOD teams. You must absolutely SUCK if you don't dance! Except...Loyola-Chicago would not have danced had they not won the auto-bid. Selection committee said they weren't GOOD enough to be in, ya know. Not even sure they would have made the NIT. I guarantee there were teams in the CBI who are better than some of the teams who danced.

Besides...what did we do? Oh, that's right....nada.

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    It's a competition with "good" teams. It's an accomplishment.

Of course, we all know that ONLY the Dance is worth winning, and ONLY the Dance has GOOD teams. You must absolutely SUCK if you don't dance! Except...Loyola-Chicago would not have danced had they not won the auto-bid. Selection committee said they weren't GOOD enough to be in, ya know. Not even sure they would have made the NIT. I guarantee there were teams in the CBI who are better than some of the teams who danced.

Besides...what did we do? Oh, that's right....nada.
    I'm not saying that...about the Dance. The NIT usually has some good teams although I wouldn't really be estatic about a NIT championship either.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2018_C...l_Invitational

Less than half of the CBI field had 20 or more wins. Most of them were barely above .500 in conference. I don't see how you can make the argument that the CBI (which Georgetown, Maryland, Tulsa, Toledo, VCU, Bradley, and SMU declined), a $50,000 pay to play, has better quality than the NIT or the Dance. I'm open to data suggesting otherwise.

Just because Tech sucks doesn't mean pay-to-plays are worth it.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

I would be estatic over a NIT championship, it still carries clout, plenty of clout...

The pay-for-play are good for certain teams, depending on the situation

For UNT it made sense even though they probably lost $100k

Cheaper than a foreign trip and helped a young coach with a young team against actual decent competition that is on a higher level than foreign competition

WKU’s Final Four run in the NIT has them primed for a break-out year next year
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

I said SOME of the teams in the CBI are better than SOME of the teams in the Dance/NIT. For instance, Texas Southern danced at 15-19. You really think Texas Southern is better than EVERY team in the CBI? I would say Texas Southern isn't better than ANY of the CBI field.

And why does it always have to be all or nothing? Can't there be levels of accomplishments in between going 0-30 and winning the National Championship? For UNT they capped off a decent season by winning a national tourney against teams with winning records. I seem to recall we were quite pleased to win some small tourney by beating Evansville who finished 17-15.

Congrats to UNT.

+ Reply to Thread