+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: W. Basketball. @LATechWBB to Host Missouri State in WNIT at 6:30 pm Thursday

Big Dog olddawgfan is on top of his/her gameolddawgfan is on top of his/her gameolddawgfan is on top of his/her gameolddawgfan is on top of his/her gameolddawgfan is on top of his/her gameolddawgfan is on top of his/her gameolddawgfan is on top of his/her gameolddawgfan is on top of his/her gameolddawgfan is on top of his/her gameolddawgfan is on top of his/her gameolddawgfan is on top of his/her game

Re: W. Basketball. @LATechWBB to Host Missouri State in WNIT at 6:30 pm Thursday

The Lady Techsters played this team, who were Southwest Missouri State at that time, in a regional semi in Nacogdoches 25 years ago this month. Don't know if the two have met since then.

Moderator & 2008 NFL Survivor Contest Champion sportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond repute sportdawg's Avatar

Re: W. Basketball. @LATechWBB to Host Missouri State in WNIT at 6:30 pm Thursday

Quote Originally Posted by olddawgfan View Post
    The Lady Techsters played this team, who were Southwest Missouri State at that time, in a regional semi in Nacogdoches 25 years ago this month. Don't know if the two have met since then.
    According to Media Guide - we are 1-2 all-time against them. Last game in 11-12.
    http://www.latechsports.com/sports/w...ml#wbb-mg-2018

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

They were the one that had that unbelievable scorer - Jackie Stiles. She won the Wade trophy and was scoring in the 40's on average. Once scored 56 points in a game. I think they made the final four one year. That was the late 90's early 2000's.

Kelly Jolly (former Tennessee stand out) coaches them now. She is the one that applied for the job at Tech when Budke left.

Big Dog exit84 is just really niceexit84 is just really niceexit84 is just really niceexit84 is just really niceexit84 is just really niceexit84 is just really niceexit84 is just really niceexit84 is just really niceexit84 is just really nice exit84's Avatar

Remind me why Budke left.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by exit84 View Post
    Remind me why Budke left.
    He betrayed us completely in my opinion. Got an offer from Oklahoma State after promising Barmore that he would stay for the long term. The offer came when we were in the Sweet 16 round of the NCAA's and no one can tell me he didn't throw that game in the second half, so he could leave and take that job. We had Margaret Deciman that Temple didn't know how to handle and he took her out in the second half, when she was killing them inside. We lost and he left almost immediately. Margaret was a 6'7" lanky center.

Article from the Missouri State Site:
    http://missouristatebears.com/news/2...iana-tech.aspx

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by champion110 View Post
    He betrayed us completely in my opinion. Got an offer from Oklahoma State after promising Barmore that he would stay for the long term. The offer came when we were in the Sweet 16 round of the NCAA's and no one can tell me he didn't throw that game in the second half, so he could leave and take that job. We had Margaret Deciman that Temple didn't know how to handle and he took her out in the second half, when she was killing them inside. We lost and he left almost immediately. Margaret was a 6'7" lanky center.
    No, Budke did not betray us completely. pigtails holds that distinction.

I do think there should be a rule that schools cannot contact coaches, for offers, until the coach's season is officially over. Deciman was not a great, or even a very good, player. She was tall...that's it. She did have a good 1st half that game....good for her, and I was one who was surprised she never saw the floor during the 2nd half, not even for a few minutes as part of a rotation.

But, you paint a picture of this happening, OSU had had no contact with Budke until....

...it's halftime in a Sweet 16 game... "Yo, Coach Budke, you have a phone call!" "Okay, thanks," says Budke. "Hello, Coach Budke here...." Voice on other end, "Coach, this Oklahoma State and we want to offer you a job as HC for our WBB program. Can you be here first thing in the morning? If not, we understand, but we'll just go to the next name on our list."

Budke: "No! don't do that! Let me throw this game, and I'll be there first thing!"

I don't think so....

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    No, Budke did not betray us completely. pigtails holds that distinction.

I do think there should be a rule that schools cannot contact coaches, for offers, until the coach's season is officially over. Deciman was not a great, or even a very good, player. She was tall...that's it. She did have a good 1st half that game....good for her, and I was one who was surprised she never saw the floor during the 2nd half, not even for a few minutes as part of a rotation.

But, you paint a picture of this happening, OSU had had no contact with Budke until....

...it's halftime in a Sweet 16 game... "Yo, Coach Budke, you have a phone call!" "Okay, thanks," says Budke. "Hello, Coach Budke here...." Voice on other end, "Coach, this Oklahoma State and we want to offer you a job as HC for our WBB program. Can you be here first thing in the morning? If not, we understand, but we'll just go to the next name on our list."

Budke: "No! don't do that! Let me throw this game, and I'll be there first thing!"

I don't think so....
    I think he received a call before the game. Yes, I do believe it was a betrayal. I agree about Pigtails too.

As for Deciman, how do you explain us being ahead and they having no answer for her in the 1st half. Budke wasn't stupid. In fact, he was known for come back wins. We had that game under control and had found an answer with her. She was playing the game of her life.

Big Dog ACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to all

I think he had interest in/contact with the Oklahoma State job prior to the Temple game. I think a number of things contributed to him leaving for that position. He stated after taking that job that he felt he had done a good job of keeping Techsters in the national conversation; however, he could not pass up the opportunity to return closer to home and compete in the Big !2. He did turn Oklahoma State into Top 25 team.
    I think he received a call before the game. Yes, I do believe it was a betrayal. I agree about Pigtails too.

As for Deciman, how do you explain us being ahead and they having no answer for her in the 1st half. Budke wasn't stupid. In fact, he was known for come back wins. We had that game under control and had found an answer with her. She was playing the game of her life.

Quote Originally Posted by ACSlatech1994 View Post
    I think he had interest in/contact with the Oklahoma State job prior to the Temple game. I think a number of things contributed to him leaving for that position. He stated after taking that job that he felt he had done a good job of keeping Techsters in the national conversation; however, he could not pass up the opportunity to return closer to home and compete in the Big !2. He did turn Oklahoma State into Top 25 team.
    I agree with all of that. He had massive success on the JUCO level before that too. Barmore wanted someone stable in the position and hand picked him as someone that would do that. He was fooled, as we all were.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Temple's coach wasn't stupid either. They adjusted at halftime rendering the slow-footed Deciman inconsequential.

Big Dog ACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to all

Yes, Dawn Staley knows a little bit about basketball.
    Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    Temple's coach wasn't stupid either. They adjusted at halftime rendering the slow-footed Deciman inconsequential.

Champ Wade_Antley has a reputation beyond reputeWade_Antley has a reputation beyond reputeWade_Antley has a reputation beyond reputeWade_Antley has a reputation beyond reputeWade_Antley has a reputation beyond reputeWade_Antley has a reputation beyond reputeWade_Antley has a reputation beyond reputeWade_Antley has a reputation beyond reputeWade_Antley has a reputation beyond reputeWade_Antley has a reputation beyond reputeWade_Antley has a reputation beyond repute Wade_Antley's Avatar

Lets just take care of Southwest Missouri State and hope Lamar can take care of TCU and we can host another.

Quote Originally Posted by Wade_Antley View Post
    Lets just take care of Southwest Missouri State and hope Lamar can take care of TCU and we can host another.
    I agree with that! Second chances like this don't come around too often. I hope our team is ready and plays all out tonight for the full game!

Champ Russdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond repute

I agree with that! Second chances like this don't come around too often. I hope our team is ready and plays all out tonight for the full game!
    We better be ready or it will be a long night. We CAN WIN this game. Such a treat to play at home.

FIRST HOME GAME IN 26 DAYS

+ Reply to Thread