+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: W. Basketball. @LATechWBB Falls in WNIT First Round

Champ Russdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Re: W. Basketball. @LATechWBB Hosts Missouri State in WNIT Thursday

Malone was crazy intense tonight, went all out after everything. Man are we gonna miss her. I'm honestly worried about next year.

THANK YOU ALEXUS, A TRUE LADY TECHSTER.

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

The beatings will continue until play improves.

Sad thing is, as I posted earlier, I expected to lose a close game. But BlindDog was right - we'd claw back from a deficit just long enough to give us hope. It's the Tech way!

Btw, many thanks to BlindDog for his unfaltering commentary. For those of us who can't watch or listen, it's a godsend. The Twitter account is laughably slow.

Champ BruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud of

Next year w/o Malone we will be dreadful.

I'm just a bot - I can't respond to your posts News_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the rough News_Bot's Avatar

W. Basketball. @LATechWBB Falls in WNIT First Round

A new article has been posted on www.latechsports.com:

Alexus Malone scored 24 points and grabbed a career-high 18 rebounds but it wasn't enough as Missouri State defeated Louisiana Tech 63-59 Thursday night in the first round of the WNIT at the Thomas Assembly Center.

More...

Discuss it here.

Champ Tech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant future Tech52's Avatar

Malone really wanted this. 18 rebounds. Darn shame. Its these absolutely DREADFUL mistakes by players that create these aweful turnovers. I don't know how they can make such a poor decision in some cases.

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

Malone is the best Lady Techster I've seen since Adrienne Johnson. Malone was really fun to watch tonight as well as all season long. She gets after it and can do almost anything. We are really gonna miss her. Kudos to Alexus. Proud of the way she represented Tech.

Not only do we have to replace Malone, Brooke needs to find a legit PG to come in and start right away in the worst way. The Lady Techsters have been flat out awful passing the ball and turning it over all season. Way too many possessions just given away all season due to mostly unforced turnovers. It's hard to watch. Recipe for disaster.

And what a pitiful finish to the season with two bad losses playing bad basketball. MSU lost their leading scorer in the 1st quarter, and we still couldn't beat them at the TAC. How much money did we waste hosting this tourney game?

Varsity Bulldog Exes&Ohs is just really niceExes&Ohs is just really niceExes&Ohs is just really niceExes&Ohs is just really niceExes&Ohs is just really niceExes&Ohs is just really niceExes&Ohs is just really niceExes&Ohs is just really niceExes&Ohs is just really niceExes&Ohs is just really niceExes&Ohs is just really nice

Quote Originally Posted by Dawg06 View Post
    Malone is the best Lady Techster I've seen since Adrienne Johnson. Malone was really fun to watch tonight as well as all season long. She gets after it and can do almost anything. We are really gonna miss her. Kudos to Alexus. Proud of the way she represented Tech.

Not only do we have to replace Malone, Brooke needs to find a legit PG to come in and start right away in the worst way. The Lady Techsters have been flat out awful passing the ball and turning it over all season. Way too many possessions just given away all season due to mostly unforced turnovers. It's hard to watch. Recipe for disaster.

And what a pitiful finish to the season with two bad losses playing bad basketball. MSU lost their leading scorer in the 1st quarter, and we still couldn't beat them at the TAC. How much money did we waste hosting this tourney game?
    Looked like the red seats which hold around 2000 were about half full and blue seats basically empty. Probably not more than 8-900 paid, wont ever know financial results but we must remember the publicity of hosting a game is worth a lot.

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Exes&Ohs View Post
    Looked like the red seats which hold around 2000 were about half full and blue seats basically empty. Probably not more than 8-900 paid, wont ever know financial results but we must remember the publicity of hosting a game is worth a lot.
    Publicity of hosting WNIT is worth a lot? Lol

Your paid attendance is nowhere near accurate. No way it's even half that amount. The majority of attendees were students who get in for free, comped tix for admin and coaches, comped tix for players' families, etc. Only a handful of folks are actually paying listed ticket prices to get in.

And the WNIT is nothing like the NIT. The NCAA pays teams on top of subsidizing expenses for the NIT. The WNIT is a pay-to-play tourney like the men's CBIT but not as costly.

Publicity of hosting WNIT is worth a lot? Lol

Your paid attendance is nowhere near accurate. No way it's even half that amount. The majority of attendees were students who get in for free, comped tix for admin and coaches, comped tix for players' families, etc. Only a handful of folks are actually paying listed ticket prices to get in.

And the WNIT is nothing like the NIT. The NCAA pays teams on top of subsidizing expenses for the NIT. The WNIT is a pay-to-play tourney like the men's CBIT but not as costly.
    Update: Tech had to pay the WNIT $6,500 to host the game last night. Not sure who gets ticket sale money, if host gets to retain or if it has to be given to the WNIT. Second Round hosting fee would've gone up to $7,500. For teams that travel, each school has cover the first $12,000 in travel expenses, and the WNIT pays any amount after that $12K threshold.

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

Update: Tech had to pay the WNIT $6,500 to host the game last night. Not sure who gets ticket sale money, if host gets to retain or if it has to be given to the WNIT. Second Round hosting fee would've gone up to $7,500. For teams that travel, each school has cover the first $12,000 in travel expenses, and the WNIT pays any amount after that $12K threshold.
    Literally the only good outcome of that game was Malone had a career high. That's it.

I'm still with Brooke, if only because (we can only hope) one coaching search is quite enough to be getting on with. But this is the exact same ending as last season. I don't know if we've actually improved at all over last year. Not what I was sold.

Champ Russdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Re: W. Basketball. @LATechWBB Falls in WNIT First Round

Has there ever been a crazier season? Early win over Penn State, lose next day to Niagara who was 0-5 including being badly whipped by ull.

Ended conference getting trounced at home by Charlotte, then beating conference leader UAB on the road and ending Rice's 15 game home winning stream. Looking Up? Not so fast my friend.

Concluded the year with poorly played losses to UNT and Missouri State. Awful basketball at times.

So next year WKU and UAB will be at least as good, Rice, UNT, Charlotte, Middle Tennessee will definitely be BETTER. CUSA stronger all around. We lose Malone, a true warrior. We gotta have help NOW or we could flip this years 19-12 record to 12-19. And in two years when all the seniors from 2018-19 are gone, frightening without quick upgrading. Who've we got coming to make us better? Just asking. And somewhat worried.

Quote Originally Posted by Russdawg View Post
    Has there ever been a crazier season? Early win over Penn State, lose next day to Niagara who was 0-5 including being badly whipped by ull.

Ended conference getting trounced at home by Charlotte, then beating conference leader UAB on the road and ending Rice's 15 game home winning stream. Looking Up? Not so fast my friend.

Concluded the year with poorly played losses to UNT and Missouri State. Awful basketball at times.

So next year WKU will be at least as good, Rice, UNT, Charlotte, Middle Tennessee will definitely be BETTER. CUSA stronger all around. We lose Malone, a true warrior. We gotta have help NOW or we could flip this years 19-12 record to 12-19. And in two years when all the seniors from 2018-19 are gone, frightening without quick upgrading. Who've we got coming to make us better? Just asking. And somewhat worried.
    I don't know that I'm worried merely because I'm well on my way to acceptance in the stages of grief (or maybe I'm still stuck at anger). Tech sports have thoroughly broken me. I no longer expect anything good to happen, I just hope whatever bad thing happens isn't too horribly embarrassing.

I'd hoped Brooke would give me a shot of hope in the arm but apparently not. The Diamond Dawgs are the final frontier but we'll see.

You're right though. We need help immediately. Playing this game was a mistake and a distraction from what is really important, which is getting some players ASAP.

Champ BruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud of

Coaching is not our problem. I think Brooke is as good a coach as we have had since Leon retired. Talent is our issue. Malone played like a Techster of old and the rest of our team is so very average compared to the kind of talent we need to compete at level to get into the big tourney on a regular basis. I have given up any hope of us getting back to a top ten program, I'd be happy with top 30. We need better players, period.

Quote Originally Posted by BruceWillisDawg View Post
    Coaching is not our problem. I think Brooke is as good a coach as we have had since Leon retired. Talent is our issue. Malone played like a Techster of old and the rest of our team is so very average compared to the kind of talent we need to compete at level to get into the big tourney on a regular basis. I have given up any hope of us getting back to a top ten program, I'd be happy with top 30. We need better players, period.
    Top 100 needs to be our first goal

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

It is all about recruiting..... As long as we are a one bid conference, that is going to be an uphill climb. We might be able to recruit a top 100 player like WKU, but it will be few and far between. We have to have something to sell.

Yes, Malone did remind me a little of a Pam Kelly out there on Thursday....

+ Reply to Thread