+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Baseball. Diamond Dogs Complete Weekend Sweep of Rice

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Re: Baseball. Bulldogs Host Rice to Open Conference USA Slate; DH Sat, No game Sun

Many of the LOB stat was due to bad calls by our 3B coach not because we didn't hit well. He also needs to move one of our mid hole guys down to around 8th or 9th.

Champ bleudog is a splendid one to beholdbleudog is a splendid one to beholdbleudog is a splendid one to beholdbleudog is a splendid one to beholdbleudog is a splendid one to beholdbleudog is a splendid one to beholdbleudog is a splendid one to beholdbleudog is a splendid one to beholdbleudog is a splendid one to beholdbleudog is a splendid one to beholdbleudog is a splendid one to behold bleudog's Avatar

Re: Baseball. Bulldogs Host Rice to Open Conference USA Slate; DH Sat, No game Sun

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    Many of the LOB stat was due to bad calls by our 3B coach not because we didn't hit well. He also needs to move one of our mid hole guys down to around 8th or 9th.
    I don't know the total, but weren't there multiple Tech runners thrown out at the plate?

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bleudog View Post
    I don't know the total, but weren't there multiple Tech runners thrown out at the plate?
    Yes. It"s not how many, but when. One with zero outs.

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

Yes. It's not how many, but when. One with zero outs.
    The safety squeeze play at the plate was bad. Waving a man home on a shallow line drive base hit was worse.

Puppy Tech80 has turned a few heads around hereTech80 has turned a few heads around hereTech80 has turned a few heads around here

Re: Baseball. Diamond Dogs Complete Weekend Sweep of Rice

Attended my first games of the season on Saturday and I strongly suggest that HC Burroughs attend Base Running 101 classes. I've read on this board, others discuss his questionable coaching but got to witness it for myself several times during the double header. I don't have a problem with aggressive base running but being stupid is another thing. The Dawgs looked to me like they've got a pretty solid team this year. The kind of team that, if they keep it together over the long haul, could win the conference.

Champ DJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond repute

- Miller had 70+ pitches through 6 and said he was getting tired. Why put him back out there for the 7th?
    Exactly! Saved innings now will pay dividends at the end of the season.

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tech80 View Post
    Attended my first games of the season on Saturday and I strongly suggest that HC Burroughs attend Base Running 101 classes. I've read on this board, others discuss his questionable coaching but got to witness it for myself several times during the double header. I don't have a problem with aggressive base running but being stupid is another thing. The Dawgs looked to me like they've got a pretty solid team this year. The kind of team that, if they keep it together over the long haul, could win the conference.
    Believe it or not, I thought this may have been our best base running of the season. I think we may have limited it to only 3 or less base running mistakes per game... That’s progress! Lol

That said, we hit the ball well all weekend. If we can consistently hit like that and our pitching holds up, we will be tough to beat in conference play.

Rice has declined a little bit, but this was still an excellent series win. Nobody sweeps Rice but us! This should prove to be big come May.

Anyone else notice fewer sac bunt attempts lately?! (aside from the silly safety squeeze attempt)

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

At UAB. Realistically, hope we can get 2/3. Winning conference series is the main goal. Of course, I like sweeps!

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    At UAB. Realistically, hope we can get 2/3. Winning conference series is the main goal. Of course, I like sweeps!
    Win 2 of 3 the rest of the season and the Diamond Dawgs hoist a BIG trophy at the end of it all
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden View Post
    Win 2 of 3 the rest of the season and the Diamond Dawgs hoist a BIG trophy at the end of it all
    Probably, but not if another team is doing a lot of sweeping. I don't know that any are, or are even capable of it. The main focus needs to be one series at a time, and winning that series. BUT! we should sweep the weak sisters in the conference, whoever that is. To borrow a baseball phrase, since this is baseball: we need to fatten our batting averages against the lesser teams. And by that I mean: get out the brooms!

+ Reply to Thread