+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Recruiting

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Recruiting

Quote Originally Posted by champion110 View Post
    Some of it is playing big too. I think Pam Kelly was just 6' tall, but she was big and tough inside!
    Gimme a few that play 6'4 and I don't care how tall they are

Big Dog ACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to all

Malone was actually between 5'10" and 5'11". She just played with a lot of heart and determination. Sort of like Danielle Whitehurst who was an outstanding defensive and later offensive player for us at the 4 at only 5'11".
    I believe we have 5 players between 6' and 6'2". A few decently tall guards, as well. We need one big Center that can run the court like Malone could and we will be set. Sweets has to bring it on this year! She has fantastic foot work, but that basket after a lot of work is hard to find for her sometimes.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by ACSlatech1994 View Post
    Malone was actually between 5'10" and 5'11". She just played with a lot of heart and determination. Sort of like Danielle Whitehurst who was an outstanding defensive and later offensive player for us at the 4 at only 5'11".
    I didn't know Malone was that height. She played MUCH bigger! A great post player and a LOT of heart!

2004 and 2010-2011 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion DogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond repute DogsWin's Avatar

Keiunna Walker‏ @keiunna_walker 1h1 hour ago Follow Follow @keiunna_walker Following Following @keiunna_walker Unfollow Unfollow @keiunna_walker Blocked Blocked @keiunna_walker Unblock Unblock @keiunna_walker Pending Pending follow request from @keiunna_walker Cancel Cancel your follow request to @keiunna_walker

Proud to be a Lady Techster pic.twitter.com/cHVOAl8B4c

Champ BruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud of

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Dawg View Post
    Gimme a few that play 6'4 and I don't care how tall they are
    Not that many 6'4 plus out there and if they are good we are not on their radar. Waaaayyyyy back in the day before the Techsters were nationally prominent, our quality bigs were home grown, mostly local within an hour or two from campus. Nobody probably remembers Eleanor Griffin, from Bastrop. She was 6'5" and looked 7' among the other players. Her and those before her got us to a place of prominence so that the bigs from across the national would consider coming to Tech. Been a while since we have had a quality big 6'3-6'4 from around this area.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

I remember Eleanor Griffin! Sliced the back of my hand with her long fingernails.

Ah...during a pick-up game in the Old Men's Gym. (and yes, it was an old gym, now fondly remembered by "old men")

Champ BlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud of

Walker's another guard...
    Welcome to the Techsters...

Champ philgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her game

Recruiting to Louisiana Tech would not a difficult thing, but it will take a special combo of coach to get the athletes there and Brooke and Scott are the people for that. The hook is simple do you want to go to a P5 school and wait your turn for the first few years and understand that the they are recruiting in better than your skill and talent level each and every year or do you wanna play for a school rich in tradition and be given the opportunity to make an immediate impact.
    I use it as a fish in the pond scenario.
    Do you the athlete wanna be a small fish in a really big pond or do you wanna be the Big fish in a small pond!!!!

The family first mentality plays very much a big part of things and Brooke and Scott have that dynamic about them which makes parents feel very at home with them.

I will start by saying I have never recruited a player for anything in any sport. I know it is difficult for us, since we are not a P5 conference team and cannot just walk in and say "Do you want to play for National Championships?".

However, we do have a magical history and I wonder just how wrong it would be to just start going all out for top 50 players. We have the coach now. It is obvious that Brooke has what it takes. I think my recruiting tactic would be to say that we want to rebuild a VERY special program. It doesn't cost any more money to go after a top 50 player. Because of the rules, things are evened out on the recruiting trail in that aspect. So, why not use Sonja's technique of stating that we are aiming to be the very best in the country. I believe all we need is one VERY special player to entice other special players. It will be difficult to convince them - I know that. Play for Baylor and be seen and known in your first year or take a chance on a program that is middle of the pack right now, but with history. We have to sell the "start as a freshman and be a part of something VERY special" dream.

Is it time to go overseas like ODU did heavily at one time? Maybe just for one or two - not an entire team? Is it against the rules to have Leon visit with a recruit on a visit? What if we went after a top player and gave it our all? It seems that we are pursuing good talent, but not the top in the country talent now. Would it be an impossibility to go all out for one player and others follow? There are some on here that know MUCH more than I do about this, but it seems that we don't try for those type players anymore. We try for good, but not the best.... I know we can't out recruit the top programs in the country. Obviously, if you want in the WNBA and UConn, Baylor, Texas, Stanford, etc... want you and you can compete, you would go with them. Is there a dream anymore, though? It would take one VERY special player to get some others interested in being a part of it.

I don't know.... Maybe we are trying that, but it just isn't working... I think I would be going for broke at this point and putting massive effort in a move that would shock the WBB world. Go head to head with a top program and sell the vision of being a part of it.

Head in the clouds? Sure mine is........... I just think that this is one sport that it is possible, though. Give me your thoughts? It may be like football in choosing a P5 conference and a top 10 team vs. a CUSA team that used to be great, but maybe (just maybe...) we aren't even giving that a try????? I am not naive... I know that it is a long shot and this is why I am not a recruiter (LOL), but I think I would do just about anything to sell a Lady Techster come back story that would start with one or two VERY special players.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by philgarris View Post
    Recruiting to Louisiana Tech would not a difficult thing, but it will take a special combo of coach to get the athletes there and Brooke and Scott are the people for that. The hook is simple do you want to go to a P5 school and wait your turn for the first few years and understand that the they are recruiting in better than your skill and talent level each and every year or do you wanna play for a school rich in tradition and be given the opportunity to make an immediate impact.
    I use it as a fish in the pond scenario.
    Do you the athlete wanna be a small fish in a really big pond or do you wanna be the Big fish in a small pond!!!!

The family first mentality plays very much a big part of things and Brooke and Scott have that dynamic about them which makes parents feel very at home with them.
    I agree, Phil...

Champ OLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond repute

I agree, Phil...
    Just keep 'em away from this "hubristic" board.

( Or should I say solipsistic board)

Champ beaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your time

What are the rules for recruiting overseas players for college? I remember that it did keep ODU in the spotlight for a while. And MT seems to be getting decent sized centers.

Champ philgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her game

Quote Originally Posted by beaux66 View Post
    What are the rules for recruiting overseas players for college? I remember that it did keep ODU in the spotlight for a while. And MT seems to be getting decent sized centers.
    I can check and see how that works I am not familiar with the process but a coaching buddy of mine at South Florida is the guru of overseas players he has 60 to 70 % of his team as overseas players
    Jose does a great job recruiting those kids and they are fun to watch and play a really fun style of basketball

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by philgarris View Post
    I can check and see how that works I am not familiar with the process but a coaching buddy of mine at South Florida is the guru of overseas players he has 60 to 70 % of his team as overseas players
    Jose does a great job recruiting those kids and they are fun to watch and play a really fun style of basketball
    We need to recruit some tall Brazilians.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TYLERTECHSAS View Post
    We need to recruit some tall Brazilians.
    We need to recruit some tall ANYTHINGS!!

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

If Brooke gets a big, I say we send her our recruiting for the guys too.

+ Reply to Thread