+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Only team left in post season

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Only team left in post season

Quote Originally Posted by ACSlatech1994 View Post
    Yes, there is 1 scholarship available for next year if Brooke chooses to utilize it. Brianna Harris will help coming in next year. She recently played in Mississippi/Alabama all-star game. Watched more film on her (youtube). I mentioned earlier that she reminds me of a young Amanda Wilson with the way she rebounds. I also see some Danielle Whitehurst. Danielle developed into one of the best defensive players to wear the uniform.
    Great information! Thanks ACS!!!

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Oh, and on the topic, Rice went out last night by a big margin........ No more CUSA Women's teams left in postseason.... WKU headed to Quarterfinals of NIT on the men's side.

Big Dog ACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to all

Yes, and the Rice Coach (Tina Langley) is reported as a candidate for the Virginia job if they can not get Dawn Staley to leave South Carolina.
    Quote Originally Posted by champion110 View Post
    Oh, and on the topic, Rice went out last night by a big margin........ No more CUSA Women's teams left in postseason.... WKU headed to Quarterfinals of NIT on the men's side.

Yes, and the Rice Coach (Tina Langley) is reported as a candidate for the Virginia job if they can not get Dawn Staley to leave South Carolina.
    I think Staley will stay with South Carolina. She has done well there. One never knows, though. Fine with me, if Rice loses their coach, though! ;-)

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

The talent level in CUSA, MBB and WBB, but especially in WBB, is so lacking it's ridiculous. There are mediocre teams, by those conferences' standards, that would run the table in CUSA easily. The simple things....ya know, shooting FTs, making layups and chippy shots, and making simple passes seems to elude the players in CUSA. If I were any school, but especially a P5 that can afford better, I wouldn't look in CUSA for a coach. One has to ask, why are the CUSA players so lousy? Coaching has a LOT to do with that. Players don't ever get any better. Just as crappy in March as they were in November.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Yes, and I am cheering them on! I can get behind WKU going as far as they can go in the NIT!
    I find this very interesting. Back in January I attended the WKU vs LA Tech men's game in Bowling Green, and I really thought we were better than WKU. That was the game that Tech blew after getting the ball back with 11 seconds remaining, and trailing by only one point. IMO, that was the turning point in LA Tech's season. Everything was set up for Tech to steal a HUGE CUSA win on the road from WKU, CUSA's preseason favorite. We just couldn't get it done.

Just goes to show you how "choking early" can turn an entire season on its ear.

The Hilltoppers (9-5) led for more than 39 minutes only to see the lead slip away with just 18 seconds remaining when DaQuan Bracey scored on a drive to put the Bulldogs up 68-67.

Lamonte Bearden hit a pair of free throws to put Western Kentucky back on top 69-68 with 11 seconds remaining.

Bracey had a jump shot blocked by Dwight Coleby with five seconds left, but chased down the ball and passed to Jacobi Boykins who missed from distance as time ran out.

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    I find this very interesting. Back in January I attended the WKU vs LA Tech men's game in Bowling Green, and I really thought we were better than WKU. That was the game that Tech blew after getting the ball back with 11 seconds remaining, and trailing by only one point. IMO, that was the turning point in LA Tech's season. Everything was set up for Tech to steal a HUGE CUSA win on the road from WKU, CUSA's preseason favorite. We just couldn't get it done.

Just goes to show you how "choking early" can turn an entire season on its ear.
    We lacked consistency all year in both men's and women's. Not just from game to game, but from minute to minute....

Yes, there is 1 scholarship available for next year if Brooke chooses to utilize it. Brianna Harris will help coming in next year. She recently played in Mississippi/Alabama all-star game. Watched more film on her (youtube). I mentioned earlier that she reminds me of a young Amanda Wilson with the way she rebounds. I also see some Danielle Whitehurst. Danielle developed into one of the best defensive players to wear the uniform.
    I just watched her highlights. She appears to be very strong and can drive to the basket. Quick hands on defense, as well. Should be a great addition! https://youtu.be/GKkHfnKFGIk

Big Dog ACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to all

That youtube video is of Brianna Harris from Illinois. That is not the player we signed. Jermecya "Brianna" Harris from Blount High School in Alabama is the player joining Louisiana Tech. It can get confusing sometime. She uses her middle name most of the time.
    I just watched her highlights. She appears to be very strong and can drive to the basket. Quick hands on defense, as well. Should be a great addition! https://youtu.be/GKkHfnKFGIk

That youtube video is of Brianna Harris from Illinois. That is not the player we signed. Jermecya "Brianna" Harris from Blount High School in Alabama is the player joining Louisiana Tech. It can get confusing sometime. She uses her middle name most of the time.
    Ahhhh.... Thanks ACS!

Champ BlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud of

North La. has been known for having some awesome girls basketball players come out of the area...
    A relationship is going to have to be formed at an early age from the Techsters summer Camps and hopefully one day we can pick up that one special player!
    Dewayne, has talked about a player from the Homer/Haynseville area that is looking good as a young basketball player, that's the pype of players the coaches should be persuing...
    Now, how did Rice pick up a 6'9" transfer from OKS?, was the gal from the Houston area and just wanted to go back home?

Nancy Mulkey played high school basketball at Cypress High School in Houston. Also on that team we’re Erica and Olivia Ogumike who transferred to Rice from Pepperdine the previous year.
    Quote Originally Posted by BlindDog View Post
    North La. has been known for having some awesome girls basketball players come out of the area...
    A relationship is going to have to be formed at an early age from the Techsters summer Camps and hopefully one day we can pick up that one special player!
    Dewayne, has talked about a player from the Homer/Haynseville area that is looking good as a young basketball player, that's the pype of players the coaches should be persuing...
    Now, how did Rice pick up a 6'9" transfer from OKS?, was the gal from the Houston area and just wanted to go back home?

+ Reply to Thread