+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: Tech must cancel Grambling game

Champ tenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Tech must cancel Grambling game

Quote Originally Posted by Rooster View Post
    I'm no SEC fan, but they are usually the toughest baseball schedule to play in. They were barely under .500 in conference. What is the point of the RPI? I think this is the reason the RPI is there, to help teams in tough conferences just like this example and to when someone goes 25-3 in conference to see how tough their conference was...
    I get your point. It looks like the split was between Kentucky (30 rpi, 14 - 17 in conference) & Northeastern (35 rpi, 17 - 6 in conference). Northeastern isn't a slouch. With 10 (?) SEC teams in I can see why they chose Northeastern over Kentucky. I also understand why Kentucky feels slighted.

There will never be a perfect selection scenario. I just want Tech to win the freaking conference tournament, or short of that, be so damn strong we're going to Regionals regardless so that Louisiana Tech & "bubble" never gets mentioned in the same sentence.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Because there were basically 6, I say again SIX, slots for G5 teams in the at large pool

No way in hell do I want to give another slot to a P5 school who doesn’t finish .500 in their conference and are one and done in their tourney just because their conference schedule has an rpi bias....
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden View Post
    I disagree -

Got to go .500 in league to be post season eligible

Our fans need to get off the Grambling kick

We didn't make the tourney because we went 5-6 down the stretch at home and lost some other questionable games - go 8-3 in that same stretch and I bet we are probably in the tournament

In the tourney we couldn't hit the first game and continued to make the same tired mistakes we made all season the next two games

FAU was the better team - ties or not
    I agree. I don't want to play Grambling for other reasons, but we didn't get "left out." We knew what we needed to do and we didn't do it.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

We need to hire the Dallas Baptist AD. 39 wins and their Rpi was in the 30s. They also had an opening for us to play them

Varsity Bulldog Brad has much to be proud ofBrad has much to be proud ofBrad has much to be proud ofBrad has much to be proud ofBrad has much to be proud ofBrad has much to be proud ofBrad has much to be proud ofBrad has much to be proud ofBrad has much to be proud ofBrad has much to be proud ofBrad has much to be proud of

Quote Originally Posted by DogsWin View Post
    Yes we could. We could have NOT LOST THEM! Would dropping Grambling and paying another opponent have made us:
    1. swing a level bat at pitches instead of trying to "lift" them over the fence?
    2. hit pitches more effectively with runners in scoring position?
    3. run bases more intelligently?
    4 relieve starting pitchers earlier instead of waiting for them to get gassed and unable to hit the strike zone after 80-100+ pitches?

Answer: No. It would have been just another loss due to the same bad habits that never got corrected.
    DogsWin nails it.

Coaching matters. Making adjustment matters.

Tech has had two consecutive years in which we got off to a good start, sputtered in the middle, and then showed a little life near the end of the season, only to choke in the conference tournament.

I will say this, though, Tech did better this year than I anticipated, so I am not too upset about making the tournament. However, there is no excuse if the same scenario from the previous paragraph occurs again next year.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Brad View Post
    DogsWin nails it.

Coaching matters. Making adjustment matters.

Tech has had two consecutive years in which we got off to a good start, sputtered in the middle, and then showed a little life near the end of the season, only to choke in the conference tournament.

I will say this, though, Tech did better this year than I anticipated, so I am not too upset about making the tournament. However, there is no excuse if the same scenario from the previous paragraph occurs again next year.
    We will have Talent again next year. We'll also have the same head coach.

+ Reply to Thread