+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Abraham doing well in Hattiesburg

Champ glm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Abraham doing well in Hattiesburg

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    After I heard that 48 pts was the most ever scored by the TB Bucs in a game, I looked up the Saints' records. The Saints highest is 52, which they did three times, and also scored 51 three times. One of those 51 pointers was in 1969 vs. the old St. Louis Cardinals. Saints won 51-42, thanks to three Tom Dempsey FGs being the difference. Billy Kilmer was the Saints' QB and he threw for 400 yards and had 5 TD passes that day. At that time, in 1969, it was one of the most productive days for an NFL QB in history. So, go ahead and make fun of old Kilmer...

Triva Quiz: Who was the Cardinals' QB, who also enjoyed a great day.

BTW the Saints had 10 possessions. They scored on 9 of 'em, 6 TDs, 3 FGs. The only one they didn't score on was the last one, when Kilmer took a knee to run out the clock.
    Jim Hart.

And I didn’t have to google it. I became a Cardinals football fan when I won a Cardinals jacket in Punt, Pass & Kick. Hart succeeded Charley Johnson.

Okay, so now I googled it. Looks like Charley Johnson started and played that entire game. I did not remember them splitting time that year.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

I have a Charley Johnson autographed football. Got it for Christmas as a young kid, and still have the ball. It's deflated but I assume it would hold air if I pumped it up. I loved the Cardinals' helmets, and their red uniforms. Still my favorite, actually.

Champ JDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant future JDubyadawg's Avatar

"And I didn’t have to google it. I became a Cardinals football fan when I won a Cardinals jacket in Punt, Pass & Kick. Hart succeeded Charley Johnson.

Okay, so now I googled it. Looks like Charley Johnson started and played that entire game. I did not remember them splitting time that year."

WOW - that jogged some memories. My brother won the same jacket in PPK. My single motivation to participate in PPK. That cream-colored jacket with the bright red cardinal colors. Charley Johnson had a crew cut on my football card. He quickly handed the jacket down to me and I wore it until it was fitting like a straight jacket that wouldn't button. PPK for me, third in passing, second in kicking and then won the punting portion until one of the local big shots demanded his son get another try despite it not being close. He still sucked but the ole Football coach gave him first because the dad was a big supporter. One of the assistant coaches, actually two of the assistant coaches came up to me afterward and said don't worry, you won the punt part. Just didn't get the first place. My first encounter with how big-time supporters can kiss butt with certain coaches and get their way. I still got to wear that jacket though.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

I also still have all my old Baltimore Colts' stuff. A helmet, autographed by Tom Matte #41 and by Jimmy Orr #28. We went to a game in Baltimore and stood in line afterwards to get autographs. I wore my Colts' helmet and jersey to the game. (I know...goofy). I wanted Johnny Unitas' autograph but the line was a mile long, and he didn't stay out there as long as some of the other players. Baltimore 30 Philadelphia 10.

Wow! great memories. As kids we had our heroes and thought they walked on water.

Puppy BreadDawg is a jewel in the roughBreadDawg is a jewel in the roughBreadDawg is a jewel in the roughBreadDawg is a jewel in the roughBreadDawg is a jewel in the roughBreadDawg is a jewel in the roughBreadDawg is a jewel in the roughBreadDawg is a jewel in the roughBreadDawg is a jewel in the roughBreadDawg is a jewel in the roughBreadDawg is a jewel in the rough BreadDawg's Avatar

Wow, I didn't realize how bad USM was. After week 1's games, I figured USM -6.5 was easy money against ULM.

Quote Originally Posted by BreadDawg View Post
    Wow, I didn't realize how bad USM was. After week 1's games, I figured USM -6.5 was easy money against ULM.
    USM is saving all their good plays for us.

Champ 70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute 70TECHGRAD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    USM is saving all their good plays for us.
    When we play them...their QB will all of a sudden be a friggin STAR!!

Administrator DocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond repute DocMarvin362's Avatar

First play was a 75 yard Jet Sweep for a TD, but because Jack pitched it forward, it goes down as a 75 yard completion and TD. Stats aren't everything.

Varsity Bulldog SouthernMiss3613 is a glorious beacon of lightSouthernMiss3613 is a glorious beacon of lightSouthernMiss3613 is a glorious beacon of lightSouthernMiss3613 is a glorious beacon of lightSouthernMiss3613 is a glorious beacon of lightSouthernMiss3613 is a glorious beacon of lightSouthernMiss3613 is a glorious beacon of lightSouthernMiss3613 is a glorious beacon of lightSouthernMiss3613 is a glorious beacon of lightSouthernMiss3613 is a glorious beacon of lightSouthernMiss3613 is a glorious beacon of light

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    LOL!! Jack Abraham was 31 of 46 (67.4%) for 378 yds, 2 TD's and 2 INT's. IN HIS 2ND START!!! That's an incredible performance. He had never taken a college snap until last weekend. Abraham is just on a really bad football team, with a bad coach (Hopson). People forget that USM lost EVERYBODY from last year's team. USM lost their WR's, their RB's, their QB's......

We just need to make sure we don't lose to USM in the same year the ULM beat 'em.
    Yeah, he appears to be a stud for us with great accuracy, but sadly he won't make through the season. Our offensive line is terrible! If he does make it through the season he will be first or second to Fine with total passing yards in C-USA.

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

Two interceptions and three fumbles in a home loss to ULM is all I need to know about Abraham. What an embarrassment to Conference USA! He obviously was not good enough to contribute at Tech.

Varsity Bulldog SouthernMiss3613 is a glorious beacon of lightSouthernMiss3613 is a glorious beacon of lightSouthernMiss3613 is a glorious beacon of lightSouthernMiss3613 is a glorious beacon of lightSouthernMiss3613 is a glorious beacon of lightSouthernMiss3613 is a glorious beacon of lightSouthernMiss3613 is a glorious beacon of lightSouthernMiss3613 is a glorious beacon of lightSouthernMiss3613 is a glorious beacon of lightSouthernMiss3613 is a glorious beacon of lightSouthernMiss3613 is a glorious beacon of light

Quote Originally Posted by Dawg06 View Post
    Two interceptions and three fumbles in a home loss to ULM is all I need to know about Abraham. He obviously was not good enough to contribute at Tech. He's an embarrassment to Conference USA.
    Did you see the part about the offensive line being terrible. He was running for his life. They were in the backfield as soon as the ball was snapped. I will make you a bet that he will pass for at least 65% against y'all and have at least 100 more yards passing than J'Mar. Of course he could be broken by that point in the season.

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SouthernMiss3613 View Post
    Did you see the part about the offensive line being terrible. He was running for his life. They were in the backfield as soon as the ball was snapped. I will make you a bet that he will pass for at least 65% against y'all and have at least 100 more yards passing than J'Mar. Of course he could be broken by that point in the season.
    I lost you where I saw YOU LOST TO ULM!

Champ DellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond repute DellDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dawg06 View Post
    I lost you where I saw YOU LOST TO ULM!
    A ULM that almost lost to SELA the week before.

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

If the USM OL doesn’t make much improvement, we will know that loading the box and pressuring Abraham will result in negative plays or turnovers. Will our coaches watch enough replays to decide that is a good strategy or will we drop 8 into coverage and play bend and eventually break defense?

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by techman05 View Post
    If the USM OL doesn’t make much improvement, we will know that loading the box and pressuring Abraham will result in negative plays or turnovers. Will our coaches watch enough replays to decide that is a good strategy or will we drop 8 into coverage and play bend and eventually break defense?
    ....no, you can bet money that Holtz will go to a 3-man front prevent defense.

+ Reply to Thread