+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Abraham doing well in Hattiesburg

Champ Tech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant future Tech52's Avatar

Re: Abraham doing well in Hattiesburg

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    Oh, there is crow to eat, alright. Several of these guys were really giving Abraham the works before today's loss. They called him a lot of names. But make no mistake about it, J'Mar was surrounded by much better players today than Abraham was.

I do agree that our WR's uncharacteristically dropped too many passes today (3?). But I also thought Alfred Smith came into his own today. He had some very big plays.
    Alfred was certainly up to task where some others were not. Hardy had a drop, I think, but also played well as he typically does. I think it was Veal that had an easy first down that he dropped that really disappointed me. It was right in the gut.

Champ SicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond repute SicemDawgz's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tech52 View Post
    Alfred was certainly up to task where some others were not. Hardy had a drop, I think, but also played well as he typically does. I think it was Veal that had an easy first down that he dropped that really disappointed me. It was right in the gut.
    I believe he dropped one in the endzone too

Champ Tech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant future Tech52's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SicemDawgz View Post
    I believe he dropped one in the endzone too
    He did, but in defense of that he was hit very hard from behind and that prevented him from grabbing it.

Champ latech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond repute

I just hate Holtz so much that I was rooting for Abraham during the game today.
    And don't give me the loyalty crap since I still wasted my Saturday afternoon to watch this shitty product.

Champ SicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond repute SicemDawgz's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tech52 View Post
    He did, but in defense of that he was hit very hard from behind and that prevented him from grabbing it.
    Yeah, it wasn't a routine grab, and it wasn't a spiral either. It was a dyeing duck throw if I remember correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by latech View Post
    And don't give me the loyalty crap since I still wasted my Saturday afternoon to watch this shitty product.
    I'm just surprised there is still a fan that isn't so far into the depths of apathy that they can manage to get angry. That's a plus.

Champ latech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond repute

I'm just surprised there is still a fan that isn't so far into the depths of apathy that they can manage to get angry. That's a plus.
    I should take a couple of years off from watching Tech sports like T1 did. I would then come back and start trolling everyone for fun

I should take a couple of years off from watching Tech sports like T1 did. I would then come back and start trolling everyone for fun
    It definitely was more enjoyable today watching. I had no doubt we would lose the game, so there was no anger or disappointment when we did. I've watched enough Skip performances against USM to know the pucker drill. If we win next week, it's not by much, and it will be because of an outstanding defensive performance.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Abraham is better than J'Mar Smith....okay, I'll stop there first. What's that mean? ANY halfway decent Division I QB, and many in the lower divisions, are better than Smith. So, it means absolutely nothing to be "better than J'Mar Smith." Second, Abraham lacks the physical attributes most DI programs need, and especially what we need.

Going back 25 years or so...look at who Tech has had:

Jason Martin
    Tim Rattay
    Luke McCown
    Colby Cameron
    Cody Sokol
    Jeff Driskel
    Ryan Higgins

Does Jack Abraham measure up to these QBs? Not based on what I've seen. I know Smith doesn't, and I see nothing in Abraham that makes me think he would've been the next in line to be a truly GOOD Tech QB. Now, remember, we're NOT talking about what it takes to be a good QB for Bama, or for LSU, or for Ohio State, or any such program. They often get by with crappy QBs because they are so dominant everywhere else. All they really need is a "game manager" who won't screw up things. That's not us. The position of QB is HUGE at Louisiana Tech. We can not afford a slouch.

Champ theprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond repute theprofessor's Avatar

I'll call BS on you. I watch a lot of football where I have no loyalty to either team. Just because you watch doesn't mean you're loyal. Admitting that you rooted for the other team because of your hatred for the head coach is the definition of disloyalty.
    the bold, the beautiful, theprofessor

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by theprofessor View Post
    I'll call BS on you. I watch a lot of football where I have no loyalty to either team. Just because you watch doesn't mean you're loyal. Admitting that you rooted for the other team because of your hatred for the head coach is the definition of disloyalty.
    In latech's defense, Tech fans get to determine their own school loyalty. You don't get to determine it for anyone other than yourself. latech may be more loyal to Tech than you and me together X 100. He may be doing things for Tech than neither you or I could ever do. He may just care more about LA Tech than he does Skip Holtz.

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    In latech's defense, Tech fans get to determine their own school loyalty. You don't get to determine it for anyone other than yourself. latech may be more loyal to Tech than you and me together X 100. He may be doing things for Tech than neither you or I could ever do. He may just care more about LA Tech than he does Skip Holtz.
    We're Tech fans. Not Holtz fans.

And we'll still be Tech fans after TMac negotiates our entrance into NAIA where we belong.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Dawg View Post
    We're Tech fans. Not Holtz fans.

And we'll still be Tech fans after TMac negotiates our entrance into NAIA where we belong.
    Why is that so hard for people to grasp?

Champ Champ967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond repute Champ967's Avatar

Why is that so hard
    twss

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

Why is that so hard for people to grasp?
    Many people believe we should be an all or nothing culture. You love absolutely everything about Tech or you hate absolutely everything. Sorry to go political, but it’s like Trump supporters. They are not allowed to like some things he does/says and hate other things. We aren’t allowed to love Tech football, but hate halftime (wadies and wentalmen), or the coaches, or their play calling, or the AD’s ineptness, or basketball OOC scheduling that my 6 year old could do better. I have been loyal for 36 year, and I won’t stop now, but we are allowed to be disappointed.

+ Reply to Thread