+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Abraham doing well in Hattiesburg

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

Re: Abraham doing well in Hattiesburg

I'm baffled that anyone could've watched that game and thought Abraham was better than J'Mar. Tech did not lose that game because of J'Mar, and Abraham did not win that game for USM. I thought J'Mar actually played a really good game. Abraham's completion percentage is so high because he doesn't have the arm to throw the ball down the field. That USM offense was scripted around Abraham's limited arm, and USM was only able to move the ball on 3 drives all game. Abraham is very accurate dinking and dunking around the LOS but struggles to get enough zip on the football if he has to throw the ball more than 10 yards in the air down the field. Abraham can't make half the throws J'Mar can. In the end, J'Mar was victim to a lot of mistakes out of his control and deserved the win IMO.
    Last edited by Dawg06; 11-19-2018 at 11:19 PM.

2006 & 2011 BB&B Men's Bracket Champion (investigation underway) boxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Dawg06 View Post
    I'm baffled that anyone could've watched that game and though Abraham was better than J'Mar. Tech did not lose that game because of J'Mar, and Abraham did not win that game for USM. I thought J'Mar actually played a really good game. Abraham's completion percentage is so high because he doesn't have the arm to throw the ball down the field. That USM offense was scripted around Abraham's limited arm, and USM was only able to move the ball on 3 drives all game. Abraham is very accurate dinking and dunking around the LOS but struggles to get enough zip on the football if he has to throw the ball more than 10 yards in the air down the field. Abraham can't make half the throws J'Mar can. In the end, J'Mar was victim to a lot of mistakes out of his control and deserved the win IMO.
    It was obvious.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Not on the quick outs and slants. JMar can't throw that routine pass. Abraham can.

In Holtz' weekly regurgitation speeches he praised the speed of our true freshman receiver and stopped short of blaming the rock star for not completing any of the attempted bombs that ended up as wasted downs.

"...200 plays in a game and any one or two plays can change the outcome..."

We have to listen to this crap for years to come. At least a few of us do. Most fans are sick of him and his excuses.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

I'm baffled that anyone can think Smith is better than a sloth.

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

Just from the updates my dad was texting to me, I could tell they Abraham was doing more when less.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

I fault Coach Rattay for not doing a better job with JMar; especially per his poor touch passes, looking right at his first read WR, not getting rid of the ball sooner and/or throwing out of bounds.

Big Dog tech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to all

He can only do so much, Skip decides who starts . You know the saying about leading a horse to water .

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TYLERTECHSAS View Post
    I fault Coach Rattay for not doing a better job with JMar; especially per his poor touch passes, looking right at his first read WR, not getting rid of the ball sooner and/or throwing out of bounds.
    That can't be taught. It comes from instinct and practice.

JMar does best when he flies by the seat of his pants without Holtz breathing down his neck. He chokes up every time Holtz slows the tempo down.

Leave Rattay out of this. He gets interrupted by Holtz in EVERY game when talking to JMar.

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    Not on the quick outs and slants. JMar can't throw that routine pass. Abraham can.

In Holtz' weekly regurgitation speeches he praised the speed of our true freshman receiver and stopped short of blaming the rock star for not completing any of the attempted bombs that ended up as wasted downs.

"...200 plays in a game and any one or two plays can change the outcome..."

We have to listen to this crap for years to come. At least a few of us do. Most fans are sick of him and his excuses.
    I think we can all agree J'Mar has been inconsistent game-to-game, but against USM J'Mar was on target. That was one of the best games I've seen him play. He was especially accurate throwing those routine short passes Saturday.

The wasted downs are the ones where we do the slow zone read play for 1 yard for the sake of being "balanced" when we've been unable to successfully run that play for 2 years now. I think we are much better off with J'Mar's attempted bombs.

Skip's coachspeak doesn't bother me. It's just coachspeak. However, some of his play-calling and strategies do bother me, but this thread is about Jack and J'Mar.

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by TYLERTECHSAS View Post
    Have you seen on the sideline when Holtz butts in when Rattay is trying to coach J’Mar? My bet is that practice is the same way.

Champ DJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond repute

I'm baffled that anyone could've watched that game and thought Abraham was better than J'Mar. Tech did not lose that game because of J'Mar, and Abraham did not win that game for USM. I thought J'Mar actually played a really good game. Abraham's completion percentage is so high because he doesn't have the arm to throw the ball down the field. That USM offense was scripted around Abraham's limited arm, and USM was only able to move the ball on 3 drives all game. Abraham is very accurate dinking and dunking around the LOS but struggles to get enough zip on the football if he has to throw the ball more than 10 yards in the air down the field. Abraham can't make half the throws J'Mar can. In the end, J'Mar was victim to a lot of mistakes out of his control and deserved the win IMO.
    I don't know who is better, overall.

Jack goes through his receiver progression much better (but can get caught staring at a receiver, as well), can spot and hit the hot receiver on blitz's and throws the screen and short pass MUCH better. He's also a better scrambler.
    Jack's a pick-six machine on out routes and throws nothing but jump balls on long routes. Also fumbles too much.

I can see where Jack could improve, year to year. I don't think J'mar will improve any at all, actually seems to have regressed overall.

Jack (or his coach, whomever is responsible) isn't afraid to run and isn't a head case. J'mar, who knows?

Champ BruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud of

I'd take Jack with our receiver talent. Jack made the routine throws when given time. Our offense moved the ball under a "not so arm talented" Ryan Higgins cuz Higgin made the routine throws and was fairly accurate down field. Jack reminds me of Higgins but needs more experience. USM will really hand it to us next year when Jack has more experience and his line is better.
    Jmar missed all down field throws and several routine throws ALTHOUGH is was one of his better games overall. What we got last Saturday is as good as it gets with Jmar. I think Jack will end much more successful college career. Jmar has great arm strength, can make any throw but his accuracy talent is just not there.

I think we can all agree J'Mar has been inconsistent game-to-game, but against USM J'Mar was on target. That was one of the best games I've seen him play. He was especially accurate throwing those routine short passes Saturday.

The wasted downs are the ones where we do the slow zone read play for 1 yard for the sake of being "balanced" when we've been unable to successfully run that play for 2 years now. I think we are much better off with J'Mar's attempted bombs.
    Yes, it was a good game by JMar until Holtz started slowing him down. He has been all over the place all year on those routine passes. Like 33% is my guess. That is his weakness and it appears to be Abraham's strength.

Neither one has touch on a long ball. The downs were wasted because Holtz was set on showing off the speedster. He can't stop talking about him and the guy has only caught one pass.

Neither one can run.

Quote Originally Posted by DJDAWG View Post
    Jack (or his coach, whomever is responsible) isn't afraid to run and isn't a head case. J'mar, who knows?
    Speaking for Saturday's USM game, J'Mar did truck over a USM defender for a 1st down run. That was refreshing.

J'Mar finished with 18 rushing yards (4.5 yds per carry), and Jack had negative 19 rushing yards (-3.2 yds per carry). That makes J'Mar a net +37 rushing yards (7.7 yds per carry) better than Jack on Saturday. It was the other USM QB who could run a little (15 yards on 7 carries).

Speaking for Saturday's USM game, J'Mar did truck over a USM defender for a 1st down run. That was refreshing.

J'Mar finished with 18 rushing yards (4.5 yds per carry), and Jack had negative 19 rushing yards (-3.2 yds per carry). That makes J'Mar a net +37 rushing yards (7.7 yds per carry) better than Jack on Saturday. It was the other USM QB who could run a little (15 yards on 7 carries).
    JMar can't run. Abraham can't run. That's obvious from what we've seen all season, not just one game.

+ Reply to Thread