+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Abraham doing well in Hattiesburg

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Abraham doing well in Hattiesburg

I think this comparison is a wash. Neither are great QB's. J'Mar did "okay" in this game and I didn't see anything out of Abraham that I would want us to recruit. We need a Jeff D. type QB with our receivers at this time and we just don't have it (and apparently didn't have it with Abraham either). I don't see that we would be in any better shape if he had stayed.

Champ BruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud of

Quote Originally Posted by BruceWillisDawg View Post
    I'd take Jack with our receiver talent. Jack made the routine throws when given time. Our offense moved the ball under a "not so arm talented" Ryan Higgins cuz Higgin made the routine throws and was fairly accurate down field. Jack reminds me of Higgins but needs more experience. USM will really hand it to us next year when Jack has more experience and his line is better.
    Jmar missed all down field throws and several routine throws ALTHOUGH is was one of his better games overall. What we got last Saturday is as good as it gets with Jmar. I think Jack will end much more successful college career. Jmar has great arm strength, can make any throw but his accuracy talent is just not there.
    Allow me to amend my statement. I'd take Jack, our receiver talent, an improved o-line and Jay Hopson as HC. He plays to win.

Varsity Bulldog SouthernMiss3613 is a glorious beacon of lightSouthernMiss3613 is a glorious beacon of lightSouthernMiss3613 is a glorious beacon of lightSouthernMiss3613 is a glorious beacon of lightSouthernMiss3613 is a glorious beacon of lightSouthernMiss3613 is a glorious beacon of lightSouthernMiss3613 is a glorious beacon of lightSouthernMiss3613 is a glorious beacon of lightSouthernMiss3613 is a glorious beacon of lightSouthernMiss3613 is a glorious beacon of lightSouthernMiss3613 is a glorious beacon of light

Allow me to amend my statement. I'd take Jack, our receiver talent, an improved o-line and Jay Hopson as HC. He plays to win.
    The jury is still out on Hopson, but I think we pay him like 500k per year. That is a pretty good bargain in the current coaching climate.

Champ StrongBad is a name known to allStrongBad is a name known to allStrongBad is a name known to allStrongBad is a name known to allStrongBad is a name known to allStrongBad is a name known to allStrongBad is a name known to allStrongBad is a name known to allStrongBad is a name known to allStrongBad is a name known to allStrongBad is a name known to all StrongBad's Avatar

That's an overstatement. He's an average coach in an average league.

Champ SicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond repute SicemDawgz's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by champion110 View Post
    I think this comparison is a wash. Neither are great QB's. J'Mar did "okay" in this game and I didn't see anything out of Abraham that I would want us to recruit. We need a Jeff D. type QB with our receivers at this time and we just don't have it (and apparently didn't have it with Abraham either). I don't see that we would be in any better shape if he had stayed.
    We had one.....got blown out in Ruston in 2015 . What we need is a miracle.

Champ stodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Tech52 View Post
    There was nothing about Abraham that put him above JMar tonight.
    Maybe not, but the competition with Smith likely would have made them both better. I have no idea why Abraham chose to leave Tech but I wish he had not. In my view, his staying would have made us a better team.

Champ stodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by theprofessor View Post
    I'll call BS on you. I watch a lot of football where I have no loyalty to either team. Just because you watch doesn't mean you're loyal. Admitting that you rooted for the other team because of your hatred for the head coach is the definition of disloyalty.
    Man, I have to agree with you here. Were I to take a stance one way or another, I certainly would never wish an opposing player or team defeat our team. That is insane. I would much rather be wrong. I don't get it. Man, this "piling on" of Holtz, etc., is bordering on insanity.

Champ Tech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant future Tech52's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stodgdog View Post
    Maybe not, but the competition with Smith likely would have made them both better. I have no idea why Abraham chose to leave Tech but I wish he had not. In my view, his staying would have made us a better team.
    That I can agree with. I think he left for his own reasons, he clearly had no issue with being a second or third string QB since he went from being one here to being one there. By some crazy luck (for him) he ended up the starter.

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    JMar can't run. Abraham can't run. That's obvious from what we've seen all season, not just one game.
    If I am correct lost yardage by sacks is now allotted to rushing yards. In our day it was negative passing yardage, statistically speaking, which is more accurate, IMO.

Champ DJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by stodgdog View Post
    If I am correct lost yardage by sacks is now allotted to rushing yards. In our day it was negative passing yardage, statistically speaking, which is more accurate, IMO.
    Sack yardage has been added into rushing totals at least since I was a statistician at Tech in the early 80's. The NFL is does not add sack yardage into rushing, they take it off of the total passing yards.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Deducting sacks from rushing yardage makes more sense. When a QB throws a pass and the receiver is tackled behind the LOS, that is deducted from passing yardage. But since it's not known if a QB really was gonna throw or take it down and try to run with it, makes sense to assume it is negative rushing yards in sacks. Besides, every QB would prefer to preserve his passing yardage and is happy to sacrifice rushing yards.

Speaking of sacks, Ferguson needs to get two vs. WKU. Two or more! would greatly help.

Champ BruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud of

Quote Originally Posted by StrongBad View Post
    That's an overstatement. He's an average coach in an average league.
    Didnt say I'd take him above Nick Saban. Said I'd take him over Skip. Hopson 3 - Skip 0

Champ DJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond repute

Didnt say I'd take him above Nick Saban. Said I'd take him over Skip. Hopson 3 - Skip 0
    Hopson - 1, NLU - 1

Champ Tech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant future Tech52's Avatar

Yeah but a 1v1 vs Skip isnt a measure of success. The rest of his season is pretty lacking. Twice he has had to beat us for bowl eligibility. Brohm was only 2-2 vs Skip but Brohm is much better than Hop.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    I'm baffled that anyone can think Smith is better than a sloth.
    Me too. Just consider the sources.

+ Reply to Thread