+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Football. White Prevails, 16-6, over Blue in LA Tech Spring Game - latechsports.com

2004 and 2010-2011 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion DogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond repute DogsWin's Avatar

Re: Football. White Prevails, 16-6, over Blue in LA Tech Spring Game - latechsports.c

Speaking of possible post-spring transfers, I know that there is a potential very good player who may join the Tech team very soon. I'm not trying to be coy or 'Mr Insider', I just don't want to say anything specifically about him in case the coaches and/or player want to keep this quiet for some reason. Plus, it may not be a 'signed and sealed done deal' yet. He looks exciting on film though! No, I'm not talking about TCU transfer Isaiah Graham WR who is already on the team and participated in the Spring Game.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Re: Football. White Prevails, 16-6, over Blue in LA Tech Spring Game - latechsports.c

Quote Originally Posted by johnnylightnin View Post
    You can hope in one hand and spit in the other and see which one fills up first. He's the best the we've got. Walker might be able to push him this fall...NOBODY else on the roster is even close.
    I realize you are talking about the present, but the guy who is our great judge of QB talent, HCSH, let the guy go last year who is likely to be a part of our annual ass beating from USM. All in favor of the "Rock Star".

Champ Tech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant future Tech52's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    I realize you are talking about the present, but the guy who is our great judge of QB talent, HCSH, let the guy go last year who is likely to be a part of our annual ass beating from USM. All in favor of the "Rock Star".
    If the guy wants to leave, he leaves. He clearly didnt have much patience.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tech52 View Post
    If the guy wants to leave, he leaves. He clearly didnt have much patience.
    Yeah, we've discussed that before. I agree.

We are about to find out how wrong our right out coach was.

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Ah, the legend of the little QB who could (I mean, he couldn't win the starting spot...or even the clear #2).

I'm not that worried about Abraham. I wish him the best, but USM doesn't need him to whoop us (they've done pretty good with their own recruits).
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

Quote Originally Posted by johnnylightnin View Post
    Ah, the legend of the little QB who could (I mean, he couldn't win the starting spot...or even the clear #2).

I'm not that worried about Abraham. I wish him the best, but USM doesn't need him to whoop us (they've done pretty good with their own recruits).
    Our fans will blowup if our quarterback has a bad day and Abraham has a good one. I think you will show a little disappointment as well if that happens

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Our fans will blowup if our quarterback has a bad day and Abraham has a good one. I think you will show a little disappointment as well if that happens
    Just like we do anytime our quarterback has a bad day (and some days that are statistically good, but he smiled too much or wore his hat backwards). Abraham didn't show me enough before he departed (because he couldn't handle the competition or his feelings were hurt or whatever) to make me worried about it. This is just fan board juju talk. Again, he wasn't even the clear #2.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

There is NO QUESTION Abraham will enjoy a career day vs. us. But then, so would any QB USM decides to trot out there.

Champ hambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond repute

But was J'Mar the clear #1? If not for the Arkansas game, he hadn't exactly separated himself from anyone. Skip having anointed J'Mar as a rockstar, Abraham likely transferred bc the writing was on the wall and it was pretty clear he wouldn't get a fair shot. In that case, the sooner the better so he could begin competing elsewhere. I can't blame him.
    Now we are left wondering if he might have been or could have been better than J'Mar, and as it turns out, that wouldn't take much.

Quote Originally Posted by hambone29 View Post
    But was J'Mar the clear #1? If not for the Arkansas game, he hadn't exactly separated himself from anyone. And Skip having annointed J'Mar as a rockstar, Abraham likely transferred bc the writing was on the wall that he wouldn't get a fair shot. In that case, the sooner the better so he could begin competing elsewhere. I can't blame him. Now we are left wondering if he might have been or could have been better than J'Mar, and as it turns out, that wouldn't take much.
    Yeah. He was. Is it possible that Abraham is better? Yeah, it's possible. We just have NO evidence to support it. Our QB situation is what it is, but let's not act like we were sitting some stud because our HC is hard headed. Abraham likely transferred because he knew he couldn't beat J'Mar our in the short term and knew that Walker was literally and figuratively head and shoulders above him.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hambone29 View Post
    But was J'Mar the clear #1? If not for the Arkansas game, he hadn't exactly separated himself from anyone. Skip having anointed J'Mar as a rockstar, Abraham likely transferred bc the writing was on the wall and it was pretty clear he wouldn't get a fair shot. In that case, the sooner the better so he could begin competing elsewhere. I can't blame him.
    Now we are left wondering if he might have been or could have been better than J'Mar, and as it turns out, that wouldn't take much.
    You might find out anyway if he's better than Jamar. He might just have a much better year.

As for Jamar, he has probably already lost more 1-point games than any QB in LA Tech history. I can't imagine that any other QB in Tech history has lost 4 football games by 1-point in one football season, much less in such close succession. Yes, it's still a hard pill to swallow.

Arkansas, lost 21-20
    South Carolina, lost 17-16
    UAB, lost 23-22
    North Texas, lost 24-23

And he's only a Junior. Oh...and this record doesn't include the 2OT loss to USM last year, where we were ahead 27-16 with 1:30 remaining, and somehow still managed to lose.

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    You might find out anyway if he's better than Jamar. He might just have a much better year.

As for Jamar, he has probably already lost more 1-point games than any QB in LA Tech history. I can't imagine that any other QB in Tech history has lost 4 football games by 1-point in one football season, much less in such close succession. Yes, it's still a hard pill to swallow.

Arkansas, lost 21-20
    South Carolina, lost 17-16
    UAB, lost 23-22
    North Texas, lost 24-23

And he's only a Junior. Oh...and this record doesn't include the 2OT loss to USM last year, where we were ahead 27-16 with 1:30 remaining, and somehow still managed to lose.
    Those are all 100% on Holtz though.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Dawg View Post
    Those are all 100% on Holtz though.
    One thing is not arguable; we didn't score many points in any of those games. (Only averaged 20 pts per game.)The lack of offensive production left the door open to defeat.

Big Dog tech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to all

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    One thing is not arguable; we didn't score many points in any of those games. (Only averaged 20 pts per game.)The lack of offensive production left the door open to defeat.
    What is heart breaking is fine defensive efforts in those games were wasted.

Quote Originally Posted by tech70 View Post
    What is heart breaking is fine defensive efforts in those games were wasted.
    Yes the D.C. should have been fired before last year. Where are those fans?

+ Reply to Thread