+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Boston Gets Drafted by the SAINTS!

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Boston Gets Drafted by the SAINTS!

Excellent!!!!!!!!!!! Way to go Boston!!!!!!!!

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

It won't surprise you to know that our beat writer chose to write a story about the Grambling RB not being drafted and getting a FA contract.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    It won't surprise you to know that our beat writer chose to write a story about the Grambling RB not being drafted and getting a FA contract.
    "Haters gonna hate."

Champ theprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond repute theprofessor's Avatar

https://www.thenewsstar.com/story/sp...als/562690002/

The Grambling running back also happens to be a Monroe native, so there's a local tie. I've been in this position before. You have a plan. Sometimes it works; sometimes it doesn't. From looking at the Carter story, it appears as if Diaz was embedded with Carter and his family in Monroe. Of course he's going to still do that story. I was with Ryan Moats on draft night. Things didn't go according to plan, but I still wrote the story. That's journalism. I don't think any of us really expected Boston to get drafted, and it probably took him longer than he had hoped to track him down for a story.
    the bold, the beautiful, theprofessor

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by theprofessor View Post

The Grambling running back also happens to be a Monroe native, so there's a local tie. I've been in this position before. You have a plan. Sometimes it works; sometimes it doesn't. From looking at the Carter story, it appears as if Diaz was embedded with Carter and his family in Monroe. Of course he's going to still do that story. I was with Ryan Moats on draft night. Things didn't go according to plan, but I still wrote the story. That's journalism. I don't think any of us really expected Boston to get drafted, and it probably took him longer than he had hoped to track him down for a story.
    There were stories about Boston "out there" everywhere prior to Saturday. He could have hooked into any of those but real journalism, IMHO, has become a very lazy profession it seems.

Champ WWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond repute WWDog's Avatar

Congratulations Boston! You have outdone what people thought you could do all along the way. One more step to the top and you can claim it all!
    WWDog
    La Tech
    Region and hyphen free since 1894!
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Champ touchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond repute touchdown123's Avatar

Did the Saints talk to COYHCSH to find out that Boston was not our starter for the past 2 years and why?
    Nah man all those explosive runs were a figment of your imagimication

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Dog65 will tell us Holtz and the Tech coaches know better.... I suppose Holtz knows offense and offensive talent better than Sean Payton does.

Champ The Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond repute

In its draft preview story The Advocate listed the players who are originally from Louisiana or from Louisiana schools who could possibly go in the draft. They didn't list Boston or one of the DBs from ULL who was drafted. Egg on somebody's face. And Boston is from Zachary near Baton Rouge, while The Advocate published a Lafayette edition. Just bad journalism.

http://www.theadvocate.com/baton_rou...anchor_item_14

Quote Originally Posted by The Historian View Post
    In its draft preview story The Advocate listed the players who are originally from Louisiana or from Louisiana schools who could possibly go in the draft. They didn't list Boston or one of the DBs from ULL who was drafted. Egg on somebody's face. And Boston is from Zachary near Baton Rouge, while The Advocate published a Lafayette edition. Just bad journalism.

http://www.theadvocate.com/baton_rou...anchor_item_14
    Again IMHO, journalist for the most part, have been very lazy the last 2 decades. I even had one tell me were officially the 4th power of US Government and taught that way in universities (including ours). What a joke!

Champ Dogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond repute Dogsince65's Avatar

you maintain the position of my favorite BBB poster/ and voice of reason-common sense. Diaz has done many articles about Boston -- OK by me for him to do his job...

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dogsince65 View Post
    you maintain the position of my favorite BBB poster/ and voice of reason-common sense. Diaz has done many articles about Boston -- OK by me for him to do his job...
    theprofessor running to defend one of his fellow liberal Gannett workers...

yeah he is FULL of common sense.

Our own Boston Scott was ignored by our local dumb ass beat writer in favor of a guy who he THINKS should have been drafted over a Tech guy.

yeah he is full of Tech love and common sense.

Champ theprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond repute theprofessor's Avatar

theprofessor running to defend one of his fellow liberal Gannett workers...

yeah he is FULL of common sense.

Our own Boston Scott was ignored by our local dumb ass beat writer in favor of a guy who he THINKS should have been drafted over a Tech guy.

yeah he is full of Tech love and common sense.
    I don't work for Gannett. I haven't in three years.

I don't know Cory Diaz. I literally have never met him in my life and wouldn't know him if he walked up next to me.

He had an opportunity to do a local feature on a kid on his beat who many thought could be drafted. He didn't get drafted, but he still landed a contract. That's a big deal. He got a good story out of it, but he had to do a second-day story on a kid on his beat that actually did get drafted. He missed a good story. It turned out to be a really good story because the Saints took him. It happens, especially in today's 24/7 news cycle with fewer resources. Journalists aren't any lazier today than they have always been. There just aren't as many bodies to go around, so the misses are all the more glaring. But just like coaching, everybody thinks he could be a journalist and is quick to criticize. Such is life in 2018.
    the bold, the beautiful, theprofessor

I don't work for Gannett. I haven't in three years.

I don't know Cory Diaz. I literally have never met him in my life and wouldn't know him if he walked up next to me.

He had an opportunity to do a local feature on a kid on his beat who many thought could be drafted. He didn't get drafted, but he still landed a contract. That's a big deal. He got a good story out of it, but he had to do a second-day story on a kid on his beat that actually did get drafted. He missed a good story. It turned out to be a really good story because the Saints took him. It happens, especially in today's 24/7 news cycle with fewer resources. Journalists aren't any lazier today than they have always been. There just aren't as many bodies to go around, so the misses are all the more glaring. But just like coaching, everybody thinks he could be a journalist and is quick to criticize. Such is life in 2018.

He wasn't paying attention to what was actually happening. He was paying attention to what he hoped for.

TNS spends more time trying to force the Grambling program on the limited readership than Tech information. You don't have a problem with that, but anybody who understands the demographics of N La should be offended by it.

You are still a liberal Gannett guy at heart..

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

I agree with those that are stating that this should have been covered. NO EXCUSE for it not being front page of the sports.

It has nothing to do with "liberal" vs. "conservative", though. Nothing at all.... Some of you turn to that in strange ways... It is a case of incompetence...

+ Reply to Thread