FOOTBALL
Louisiana Tech
vs Hawaii
Dec 22, 2018 | ESPN | 9:30 PM
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
Results 61 to 75 of 75
  1. #61
    Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Posts
    48,607

    Re: Boston Gets Drafted by the SAINTS!

    Quote Originally Posted by theprofessor View Post
    I'm still waiting to see any of the "numerous credible reports" that had Boston Scott getting drafted.
    Since you and Diaz (gets paid to find info) didn't know it did not happen. Right? Read this thread.
    "eye fo an eye and toof fo a toof" - Idiot in Missouri

  2. #62
    Champ detltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond repute detltu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Madisonville, LA
    Posts
    5,014

    Re: Boston Gets Drafted by the SAINTS!

    Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    Diaz was not faced with the choice. He had his mind made up. You act like his only option was either or. He is just lazy
    Fair point.
    2017 LTAC Champion donor (110%)
    2017 Football Season ticket holder X3

  3. #63
    Champ The Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond repute
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Posts
    2,289

    Re: Boston Gets Drafted by the SAINTS!

    Quote Originally Posted by theprofessor View Post
    I'm still waiting to see any of the "numerous credible reports" that had Boston Scott getting drafted.
    For one thing, people close to our program, as well as members of our coaching staff, were telling people in the month before the draft that the level of interest he was receiving was comparable to players who were eventually drafted. The personal workouts, interviews, and level of interest by teams is simply different at that level.

    Also, this same information and more was public as it was being discussed on our local sports talk radio station. Boston had an incredible pro day. Teams then came running to him, and everybody locally took notice. Well, most people.

    And that's really on our beat writer. He has to develop contacts and make phone calls. At a minimum, he needs to have an earbud in his left ear at all times when local sports talk radio is on. Or at least listen to it on demand when issues that involve his beat are being discussed.

  4. #64
    Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    McKinney, TX & Franklin, TN
    Posts
    30,469

    Re: Boston Gets Drafted by the SAINTS!

    Quote Originally Posted by theprofessor View Post
    I'm still waiting to see any of the "numerous credible reports" that had Boston Scott getting drafted.
    That's funny. So now, even theprofessor wants credible reporting! Good luck with that. THAT'S the problem. If the media wasn't so lazy we would have credible reporting, including multiple reports on this issue of Boston Scott getting drafted.

  5. #65
    Champ theprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond repute theprofessor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Alexandria
    Posts
    6,259

    Re: Boston Gets Drafted by the SAINTS!

    Quote Originally Posted by The Historian View Post
    For one thing, people close to our program, as well as members of our coaching staff, were telling people in the month before the draft that the level of interest he was receiving was comparable to players who were eventually drafted. The personal workouts, interviews, and level of interest by teams is simply different at that level.

    Also, this same information and more was public as it was being discussed on our local sports talk radio station. Boston had an incredible pro day. Teams then came running to him, and everybody locally took notice. Well, most people.

    And that's really on our beat writer. He has to develop contacts and make phone calls. At a minimum, he needs to have an earbud in his left ear at all times when local sports talk radio is on. Or at least listen to it on demand when issues that involve his beat are being discussed.
    I have no reason to doubt what you say. You are one of the posters I respect the most on this board. I don't live in Ruston. I don't listen to Ruston sports talk radio. And maybe there was talk going on locally that didn't get reported out. That said, I didn't see any real chatter even on this board that Boston was going to be drafted. I'd love to see a post (that maybe I missed leading up to the draft) where someone on here said that Boston was rising and was going to get drafted in the sixth round. I'm extremely happy for him, and as a Saints fan I'm even happier. But I was shocked that he got drafted.
    the bold, the beautiful, theprofessor

  6. #66
    Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Posts
    48,607

    Re: Boston Gets Drafted by the SAINTS!

    Quote Originally Posted by theprofessor View Post
    I have no reason to doubt what you say. You are one of the posters I respect the most on this board. I don't live in Ruston. I don't listen to Ruston sports talk radio. And maybe there was talk going on locally that didn't get reported out. That said, I didn't see any real chatter even on this board that Boston was going to be drafted. I'd love to see a post (that maybe I missed leading up to the draft) where someone on here said that Boston was rising and was going to get drafted in the sixth round. I'm extremely happy for him, and as a Saints fan I'm even happier. But I was shocked that he got drafted.
    This discussion didn't evolve from what anybody said about you. You jumped in to defend our beat writer who SHOULD HAVE KNOWN from sources other than BBB or local talk radio that Boston was going to be taken in the draft. He did not do his job of covering a Tech player and chose instead to focus on one player from Grambling. He refuses to cover both schools and gives Grambling equal coverage in all sports. Do you think that sells papers (or clicks)? Of course not.
    "eye fo an eye and toof fo a toof" - Idiot in Missouri

  7. #67
    Champ theprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond repute theprofessor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Alexandria
    Posts
    6,259

    Re: Boston Gets Drafted by the SAINTS!

    Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    This discussion didn't evolve from what anybody said about you. You jumped in to defend our beat writer who SHOULD HAVE KNOWN from sources other than BBB or local talk radio that Boston was going to be taken in the draft. He did not do his job of covering a Tech player and chose instead to focus on one player from Grambling. He refuses to cover both schools and gives Grambling equal coverage in all sports. Do you think that sells papers (or clicks)? Of course not.
    We've covered this ad nauseum. Do I think Diaz was wrong for embedding himself on draft night with a local player who attended a local Division I university? No, I do not. I hope he has the opportunity to do a similar story with local Tech guys in the future.
    the bold, the beautiful, theprofessor

  8. #68
    Champ atobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to all atobulldog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Monroe
    Posts
    1,914

    Re: Boston Gets Drafted by the SAINTS!

    Mark Ingram has been suspended from the first 4 games of the 2018 season for PED use. Might be a good chance for Boston to make a splash.

    http://www.nola.com/saints/index.ssf/2018/05/mark_ingram_suspended_saints.html

  9. #69
    Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Posts
    48,607

    Re: Boston Gets Drafted by the SAINTS!

    Quote Originally Posted by atobulldog View Post
    Mark Ingram has been suspended from the first 4 games of the 2018 season for PED use. Might be a good chance for Boston to make a splash.

    http://www.nola.com/saints/index.ssf/2018/05/mark_ingram_suspended_saints.html
    I thought Ingram looked "enhanced".
    "eye fo an eye and toof fo a toof" - Idiot in Missouri

  10. #70
    Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    47,213

    Re: Boston Gets Drafted by the SAINTS!

    Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    I thought Ingram looked "enhanced".
    It's Boston Scott time!

  11. #71
    Champ Dixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond repute Dixonfor6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    1,907

    Re: Boston Gets Drafted by the SAINTS!

    Supposedly the saints knew about the upcoming suspension. Huge huge break for Boston!

  12. #72
    Big Dog Bulldog Tom is a splendid one to beholdBulldog Tom is a splendid one to beholdBulldog Tom is a splendid one to beholdBulldog Tom is a splendid one to beholdBulldog Tom is a splendid one to beholdBulldog Tom is a splendid one to beholdBulldog Tom is a splendid one to beholdBulldog Tom is a splendid one to beholdBulldog Tom is a splendid one to beholdBulldog Tom is a splendid one to beholdBulldog Tom is a splendid one to behold Bulldog Tom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    961

    Re: Boston Gets Drafted by the SAINTS!

    Quote Originally Posted by Dixonfor6 View Post
    Supposedly the saints knew about the upcoming suspension. Huge huge break for Boston!
    Could be a very huge break for Boston. Only two Saints rushed for more than 100 yards last season (Ingram and ROY Kamara). Maybe the Saints will have rookie of the year running backs two years in a row. That would be cool, huh?

  13. #73
    Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    47,213

    Re: Boston Gets Drafted by the SAINTS!

    Quote Originally Posted by atobulldog View Post
    Mark Ingram has been suspended from the first 4 games of the 2018 season for PED use. Might be a good chance for Boston to make a splash.

    http://www.nola.com/saints/index.ssf/2018/05/mark_ingram_suspended_saints.html
    This is no excuse for Ingram IMHO. Huge opportunity for Boston!

    Mark Ingram Statement Suggests Two Possible Defenses For Banned Substance

    Last Updated 10:28 AM, May 9, 2018 EDT – Michael David Smith

  14. #74
    Champ Dixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond repute Dixonfor6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    1,907

    Re: Boston Gets Drafted by the SAINTS!

    Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog Tom View Post
    Could be a very huge break for Boston. Only two Saints rushed for more than 100 yards last season (Ingram and ROY Kamara). Maybe the Saints will have rookie of the year running backs two years in a row. That would be cool, huh?
    Kamara has a huge role and ran for over 6 Per carry last year. Not sure if he is an every down back for the course of four games. Boston should have opportunities, but Kamara will get as many touches as he can handle. Hes a different breed

  15. #75
    Big Dog Bulldog Tom is a splendid one to beholdBulldog Tom is a splendid one to beholdBulldog Tom is a splendid one to beholdBulldog Tom is a splendid one to beholdBulldog Tom is a splendid one to beholdBulldog Tom is a splendid one to beholdBulldog Tom is a splendid one to beholdBulldog Tom is a splendid one to beholdBulldog Tom is a splendid one to beholdBulldog Tom is a splendid one to beholdBulldog Tom is a splendid one to behold Bulldog Tom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    961

    Re: Boston Gets Drafted by the SAINTS!

    Nice video interview and article featuring Boston.

    http://www.nola.com/saints/index.ssf...ml#incart_2box

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts