+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Boston Gets Drafted by the SAINTS!

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Re: Boston Gets Drafted by the SAINTS!

Quote Originally Posted by theprofessor View Post
    I'm still waiting to see any of the "numerous credible reports" that had Boston Scott getting drafted.
    Since you and Diaz (gets paid to find info) didn't know it did not happen. Right? Read this thread.

Champ detltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    Diaz was not faced with the choice. He had his mind made up. You act like his only option was either or. He is just lazy
    Fair point.

Champ The Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond repute

I'm still waiting to see any of the "numerous credible reports" that had Boston Scott getting drafted.
    For one thing, people close to our program, as well as members of our coaching staff, were telling people in the month before the draft that the level of interest he was receiving was comparable to players who were eventually drafted. The personal workouts, interviews, and level of interest by teams is simply different at that level.

Also, this same information and more was public as it was being discussed on our local sports talk radio station. Boston had an incredible pro day. Teams then came running to him, and everybody locally took notice. Well, most people.

And that's really on our beat writer. He has to develop contacts and make phone calls. At a minimum, he needs to have an earbud in his left ear at all times when local sports talk radio is on. Or at least listen to it on demand when issues that involve his beat are being discussed.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

That's funny. So now, even theprofessor wants credible reporting! Good luck with that. THAT'S the problem. If the media wasn't so lazy we would have credible reporting, including multiple reports on this issue of Boston Scott getting drafted.

Champ theprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond repute theprofessor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Historian View Post
    For one thing, people close to our program, as well as members of our coaching staff, were telling people in the month before the draft that the level of interest he was receiving was comparable to players who were eventually drafted. The personal workouts, interviews, and level of interest by teams is simply different at that level.

Also, this same information and more was public as it was being discussed on our local sports talk radio station. Boston had an incredible pro day. Teams then came running to him, and everybody locally took notice. Well, most people.

And that's really on our beat writer. He has to develop contacts and make phone calls. At a minimum, he needs to have an earbud in his left ear at all times when local sports talk radio is on. Or at least listen to it on demand when issues that involve his beat are being discussed.
    I have no reason to doubt what you say. You are one of the posters I respect the most on this board. I don't live in Ruston. I don't listen to Ruston sports talk radio. And maybe there was talk going on locally that didn't get reported out. That said, I didn't see any real chatter even on this board that Boston was going to be drafted. I'd love to see a post (that maybe I missed leading up to the draft) where someone on here said that Boston was rising and was going to get drafted in the sixth round. I'm extremely happy for him, and as a Saints fan I'm even happier. But I was shocked that he got drafted.
    the bold, the beautiful, theprofessor

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

I have no reason to doubt what you say. You are one of the posters I respect the most on this board. I don't live in Ruston. I don't listen to Ruston sports talk radio. And maybe there was talk going on locally that didn't get reported out. That said, I didn't see any real chatter even on this board that Boston was going to be drafted. I'd love to see a post (that maybe I missed leading up to the draft) where someone on here said that Boston was rising and was going to get drafted in the sixth round. I'm extremely happy for him, and as a Saints fan I'm even happier. But I was shocked that he got drafted.
    This discussion didn't evolve from what anybody said about you. You jumped in to defend our beat writer who SHOULD HAVE KNOWN from sources other than BBB or local talk radio that Boston was going to be taken in the draft. He did not do his job of covering a Tech player and chose instead to focus on one player from Grambling. He refuses to cover both schools and gives Grambling equal coverage in all sports. Do you think that sells papers (or clicks)? Of course not.

Champ theprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond repute theprofessor's Avatar

This discussion didn't evolve from what anybody said about you. You jumped in to defend our beat writer who SHOULD HAVE KNOWN from sources other than BBB or local talk radio that Boston was going to be taken in the draft. He did not do his job of covering a Tech player and chose instead to focus on one player from Grambling. He refuses to cover both schools and gives Grambling equal coverage in all sports. Do you think that sells papers (or clicks)? Of course not.
    We've covered this ad nauseum. Do I think Diaz was wrong for embedding himself on draft night with a local player who attended a local Division I university? No, I do not. I hope he has the opportunity to do a similar story with local Tech guys in the future.
    the bold, the beautiful, theprofessor

Champ atobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to all atobulldog's Avatar

Mark Ingram has been suspended from the first 4 games of the 2018 season for PED use. Might be a good chance for Boston to make a splash.

http://www.nola.com/saints/index.ssf/2018/05/mark_ingram_suspended_saints.html

Quote Originally Posted by atobulldog View Post
    Mark Ingram has been suspended from the first 4 games of the 2018 season for PED use. Might be a good chance for Boston to make a splash.

I thought Ingram looked "enhanced".

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

I thought Ingram looked "enhanced".
    It's Boston Scott time!

Champ Dixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond repute Dixonfor6's Avatar

Supposedly the saints knew about the upcoming suspension. Huge huge break for Boston!

Champ Bulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant future Bulldog Tom's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dixonfor6 View Post
    Supposedly the saints knew about the upcoming suspension. Huge huge break for Boston!
    Could be a very huge break for Boston. Only two Saints rushed for more than 100 yards last season (Ingram and ROY Kamara). Maybe the Saints will have rookie of the year running backs two years in a row. That would be cool, huh?

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by atobulldog View Post

This is no excuse for Ingram IMHO. Huge opportunity for Boston!

Mark Ingram Statement Suggests Two Possible Defenses For Banned Substance

Last Updated 10:28 AM, May 9, 2018 EDT – Michael David Smith

Champ Dixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond repute Dixonfor6's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog Tom View Post
    Could be a very huge break for Boston. Only two Saints rushed for more than 100 yards last season (Ingram and ROY Kamara). Maybe the Saints will have rookie of the year running backs two years in a row. That would be cool, huh?
    Kamara has a huge role and ran for over 6 Per carry last year. Not sure if he is an every down back for the course of four games. Boston should have opportunities, but Kamara will get as many touches as he can handle. He’s a different breed

Champ Bulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant future Bulldog Tom's Avatar

Nice video interview and article featuring Boston.

http://www.nola.com/saints/index.ssf...ml#incart_2box

+ Reply to Thread