+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Baseball. Bulldogs Return Home to Host Middle Tennessee

Champ Rooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond repute Rooster's Avatar

Re: Baseball. Bulldogs Return Home to Host Middle Tennessee

Some of us have been saying for a while that our starters wouldn't be that good as they started out. Our bullpen must be bad b/c our starters were pitching late into games very early in the season. It's all showing up now. Good teams peak right now, not fall apart. Just got to hope for some momentum going into the tourney.
    “Ability is what you're capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it.”
    Lou Holtz - Football Coach

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have." - Thomas Jefferson

"Bring back the rotary phone so we don't have to press 1 for English."
    www.casadice.com

Champ SicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond repute SicemDawgz's Avatar

We are gonna get some momentum alright, but it’s gonna be pointing us back towards Ruston.

2004 and 2010-2011 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion DogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond repute DogsWin's Avatar

Well, we have a better record playing on the road than we do playing in Ruston. So we've got that going for us... I guess.

2004 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion Bone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant future Bone_afide_Dawg's Avatar

As much as I appreciate what Wells and Skelton have done overall as our 1&2 leadoff batters I think we ought to move them around slightly. Being they’re both switch hitters I don’t think we should have them back to back. It seems like when they’re off it really hurts being off back to back.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bone_afide_Dawg View Post
    As much as I appreciate what Wells and Skelton have done overall as our 1&2 leadoff batters I think we ought to move them around slightly. Being they’re both switch hitters I don’t think we should have them back to back. It seems like when they’re off it really hurts being off back to back.
    So what our coach has been doing could be seen as "insanity"?

JMO, but I think Wells may be a legit switch hitter. Both hit better from the left so I assume they are both natural lefties. Real switch hitters are extremely rare. Feel free to compare their averages from both sides. I'm going from memory (and emotion).

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Re: Baseball. LA Tech Drops 7-6 Decision to Middle Tennessee

This is very disappointing. Ever since it started looking like the Dogs could really contend for a CUSA title and a trip to the regionals, it seems like they’ve done everything possible to try to screw it up. Losing 2 of 3 to a less talented, middle tier, CUSA opponent, doesn’t help.

We’ve seen this before in Tech athletics. Some athletes just can’t live with success. I’d really like to see Tech’s athletes run thru the tape for a change.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    Losing 2 of 3 to a less talented, middle tier, CUSA opponent, doesn’t help.
    Middle is not "middle tier". They beat us today with their center fielder on the mound. Our HC however, is middle tier at best.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

I’m convinced LA Tech has an “East thing” just like we have a “USM” thing. Remember the baseball teams surprising loss to Charlotte?

And don’t even get me started about loses to ODU and Marshall in basketball (and football).

Yep, it’s got to be mental.

Big Dog TechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the rough

Disappointed last year with a senior laden team that has been to the NCAA Regionals the previous year and we had a melt down, especially in later part of the season. With more new players this year was not expecting too much. We were not picked to finish very high in pre-season poll. But we get something going and then cannot seem to handle success. And then our softball team only having to win one game😂😂

Actually last year's team melted down early not late. Bad coaching early on last year too

Champ BruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud of

Baseball is a game of streaks, valleys and peaks just cant have the whole team in the valley at the same time. We have some streaky good hitters and when they're clicking as a unit we are pretty good offensively. Unfortunately, just havent had them click as a unit consistently in few weeks. Huddleston is struggling, Skelton and Wells are striking out too much with runners in scoring position, Bates was red hot now up and down. Offensively this team was not expected to be a great but I think as a whole they have out performed early season expectations. The pitching staff is an head scratcher - to go from being so consistent to struggling to get ahead of hitters and get outs.
    Year one Burroughs inherited a good team with some pitching and depth issues, year two expectations were tempered but surprisingly he brought in some good talent (I do believe he can recruit), year three will tell us a lot about his ability to coach since 95% of his team will be back next year. If he cant get it done next year, I might begin to believe he will be that coach that always has a competitive team, wins 65-70% of his games but can't get to the post season. I guess we will see.

Champ glm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=BruceWillisDawg;1694596]
    Year one Burroughs inherited a good team with some pitching and depth issues, year two expectations were tempered but surprisingly he brought in some good talent (I do believe he can recruit), year three will tell us a lot about his ability to coach since 95% of his team will be back next year. If he cant get it done next year, I might begin to believe he will be that coach that always has a competitive team, wins 65-70% of his games but can't get to the post season. I guess we will see.[/QUOTE]

I have already come to that conclusion about Burroughs and Holtz - good to a certain point, but can't finish the job.

+ Reply to Thread