+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Post-season chances?

Champ BruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud of

Re: Post-season chances?

Won’t get any RPI bounce from tourney unless we beat FAU and/or USM
    Not enough to matter w/o winning the whole thing
    We are in same boat as last yr maybe a little worse
    Gotta win tourney
    Burroughs is used to this. His entire tenure at NW St was this same scenario - good but not good enough
    If we can beat USM on the road
    we can win the tourney
    Just gotta stay out of losers bracket or score about 10 runs per game

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

My heart and gut says we make it! Go Dawgs!

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Quote Originally Posted by BruceWillisDawg View Post
    Won’t get any RPI bounce from tourney unless we beat FAU and/or USM
    Why do folks keep thinking this?

Only the top 8 make it, as of today 6 of those will be sub 100 rpi, 3 will be sub 50, only UAB has a weak rpi at 189

We would draw FIU today in the opening round at 127

We would then draw FAU @ 28 possibly in the second game

only 44 rpi puts separate us from #41 or 6 slots - depending on the ebb and flow

Take care of business vs ODU and then go get the first game in the tourney
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Champ Gooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond repute Gooddawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden View Post
    Why do folks keep thinking this?

Only the top 8 make it, as of today 6 of those will be sub 100 rpi, 3 will be sub 50, only UAB has a weak rpi at 189

We would draw FIU today in the opening round at 127

We would then draw FAU @ 28 possibly in the second game

only 44 rpi puts separate us from #41 or 6 slots - depending on the ebb and flow

Take care of business vs ODU and then go get the first game in the tourney
    I agree completely, this is nonsense. I checked the updated RPIs last night and was plesantly surprised by many of them in CUSA. I did not check to see if CUSA has gotten any bounce or moved up in the latter half of the year though. That would really help us and FAU with at large chances. Love how our team battled in Hattiesburg and this may give them the confidence to win the thing. If we take care of business this week, I like our team.

Great sign that coach said Miller threw better than his stats Friday, given his recent slump. Also nice to see Leal and Bailey pitch the way they did over the weekend to go with Follis' performance last week.

2004 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion Bone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant future Bone_afide_Dawg's Avatar

Tech has got to string the wins together into the tournament finals. When considering regional teams LSU and Tech are competing for a last spot and you know if there’s any leaning they’re going to get it. That 2-0 loss could be the stake in our hearts.

Leave no doubt. Win the whole _____ thing. It’s doable!

2004 and 2010-2011 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion DogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond repute DogsWin's Avatar

Um, SLOW THE TRAIN on the playoffs talk folks. We have lost our last two CUSA home series 2 games to 4 and one of those teams (Middle TN, eight days ago) will not even qualify for the CUSA baseball tournament. Hopefully we can sweep the worst team in CUSA on Thurs, Fri, and Sat, but recent history indicates that ODU will likely win one of those games in Ruston.

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by DogsWin View Post
    Um, SLOW THE TRAIN on the playoffs talk folks. We have lost our last two CUSA home series 2 games to 4 and one of those teams (Middle TN, eight days ago) will not even qualify for the CUSA baseball tournament. Hopefully we can sweep the worst team in CUSA on Thurs, Fri, and Sat, but recent history indicates that ODU will likely win one of those games in Ruston.
    Constant dependable collapses in every sport have totally killed any optimism I might have for our postseason performance.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gooddawg View Post

Great sign that coach said Miller threw better than his stats Friday, given his recent slump. Also nice to see Leal and Bailey pitch the way they did over the weekend to go with Follis' performance last week.
    Of course he said that. He did something insane again by starting him. He had another horrible start. (4 earned runs and 85 pitches in 4 innings) I'm sure he will start and pitch an inning or two again this Thursday. Bailey should have been our Friday guy for the past two months. He has not been off all year.

Varsity Bulldog rlirette is a splendid one to beholdrlirette is a splendid one to beholdrlirette is a splendid one to beholdrlirette is a splendid one to beholdrlirette is a splendid one to beholdrlirette is a splendid one to beholdrlirette is a splendid one to beholdrlirette is a splendid one to beholdrlirette is a splendid one to beholdrlirette is a splendid one to beholdrlirette is a splendid one to behold

D1Baseball has us in the field this week. Seems that a sweep of odu and no bad losses will get us in the tourney this year, pending how big the bubble is this year. (Last year’s bubble was quite the anomaly with it being so small.)

I think Miller looked a lot better last Friday and will do well against a porous odu team. Worried about Robbins confidence on Saturday, hoping to use Leal in that game to bridge him if he can’t throw enough strikes. Bailey looks solid, not worried about game 3. As far as starting Leal, watched a lot of his games this year and feel that he is good for 4-5 innings per game, he can be dominant for that period of time. After that, teams seem to figure him out and start hitting him very hard.

Pitching depth is not a concern to me, definitely more of a strength this year. This team has a much better chance in the tourney this year given this.

Our batting is so hot and cold it’s ridiculous. Moving Huddleston down in the lineup is the right move, still need his power to change the game, but can’t afford to have him up so high when he strikes out so much and hits weak fly balls.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

I don't keep up with the "rating" services and all of that, mostly because I know the selection committee is biased toward P5 schools, and some traditional baseball powers, like Cal State-Fullerton, and schools like Tech have very little chance of being selected when on the bubble. There are 33 at-large bids to be handed out and close to 30 of those are already spoken for. Just about the entire SEC is a lock. Only Bama is in trouble of not making it, and even they can still salvage a bid with a very strong closing run. Miss State's case is not strong, but they are in the SEC, so...

So, all that said, all Tech can do is take care of its business. The beauty of sports like baseball (and hoops) is you DO control your own destiny. There is no barrier between us and winning it all in Omaha....except our own short-comings, and I can live with that. Be good enough....like WAC members Rice and Fresno State...and schools like Tech, in conferences we are in, can win it all!

Sweep ODU. Go very deep into the conference tourney, have 40 wins....and if we fail to earn the auto-bid, then at this point, that's all the Dawgs can do.

Champ Rooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond repute Rooster's Avatar

Best case is to start Miller against their #3, which will be Saturday this week. He is not a Friday night guy against anyone. He was great earlier in the season but that has changed. Sweeping ODU is a must. I still think we can get in with a sweep of ODU and at least going 2-2 or 3-2 in the tourney.

I hope we have a few more solid arms coming in for next year. Defense will look the same except for Skelton. I guess Cameron Parikah and Taylor Young will be middle infield. I think Parikah has the stronger arm so he will probably play SS and I hear he has some power as well in his bat.
    “Ability is what you're capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it.”
    Lou Holtz - Football Coach

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have." - Thomas Jefferson

"Bring back the rotary phone so we don't have to press 1 for English."
    www.casadice.com

Champ Gooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond repute Gooddawg's Avatar

No chance Bailey moves off championship Sunday. I like him on Sunday, he gets it done. Miller had 3 good innings and one bad one, which is an improvement. He pitched like a Friday night guy most of the season just hit a slump middle of conference season. We are going to need him in conference tourney sometime. Hope he can overcome tired arm or whatever issue has been. I wasn't at the game so taking his word for it that he threw better than he has been.

I'm curious if Follis or Leal may take Robbins turn this week. He also has hit a slump the last few starts but we will need all 5 starters if we make a run in the tourney.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

No chance Bailey moves off championship Sunday. I like him on Sunday, he gets it done. Miller had 3 good innings and one bad one, which is an improvement. He pitched like a Friday night guy most of the season just hit a slump middle of conference season. We are going to need him in conference tourney sometime. Hope he can overcome tired arm or whatever issue has been. I wasn't at the game so taking his word for it that he threw better than he has been.

I'm curious if Follis or Leal may take Robbins turn this week. He also has hit a slump the last few starts but we will need all 5 starters if we make a run in the tourney.
    Every coach in the college baseball starts his best arm on Friday. Coach Insanity never has. Bailey has been a better arm than Miller for the past 8 weeks.

Three good innings? He struggled in the T3. He should have been pulled during the 4th, but we didn't have anybody up throwing yet which is common for our coaches. They let the wheels come off before they get another arm ready.

He pitched like a Friday night guy for the first half of the season, not most of the season. It was not due to a tired arm over the prior 8 weeks of us going 2-6 on Friday.

Robbins has struggled the last two weeks not the last few weeks. He should be fine.

I know you throw your best arm on Friday nights. I really don't think Bailey has the best stuff on our team, he is just a bulldog who doesn't give in and competes his tail off. Burroughs has talked about how important Sundays are all season and how much he loves Bailey on Sundays. That is why I say no chance he moves. Miller pitched well on Fridays for most of the season and was great early in the year, a typical Friday night guy. Doesn't matter now really.

Also, just telling you don't be surprise if Robbins get skipped tomorrow in favor or Bailey. LB was not happy with his last few starts and has made it known.

I know you throw your best arm on Friday nights. I really don't think Bailey has the best stuff on our team, he is just a bulldog who doesn't give in and competes his tail off. Burroughs has talked about how important Sundays are all season and how much he loves Bailey on Sundays. That is why I say no chance he moves. Miller pitched well on Fridays for most of the season and was great early in the year, a typical Friday night guy. Doesn't matter now really.

Also, just telling you don't be surprise if Robbins get skipped tomorrow in favor or Bailey. LB was not happy with his last few starts and has made it known.
    Bailey not our best? That's insane. Who is? The guy who has only won two games in his last nine starts?

+ Reply to Thread