+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Post-season chances?

Champ Gooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond repute Gooddawg's Avatar

Re: Post-season chances?

I don't think we are discussing the same topics. Hard to argue our best pitcher has not been Leal, if you ask me. All of our starters have been great this year and all of them have gone through a stretch where they were not at their best. I am sure you would blame Burroughs for that, but every pitcher in the country has done the same except for Sandlin apparently. I said I am not sure Bailey has the best 'stuff'. He has been great, no one would argue against that.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gooddawg View Post
    I don't think we are discussing the same topics. Hard to argue our best pitcher has not been Leal, if you ask me. All of our starters have been great this year and all of them have gone through a stretch where they were not at their best. I am sure you would blame Burroughs for that, but every pitcher in the country has done the same except for Sandlin apparently. I said I am not sure Bailey has the best 'stuff'. He has been great, no one would argue against that.
    So you think the one with the "best stuff" may be Leal, but our coach didn't think he was good enough to be a weekend starter until the end of the year when Bailey needed rest? FWIW, I agree with our coach that he is not a weekend guy because he has no fast ball and he is easy to steal on. Bailey has been our best all year. He missed one start due to injury, and that was likely because our coach pitched him too long when he was injured the week before.

Champ FriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond repute

Tech's current RPI is 56.

Looking at the Nitty Gritty page on warrennolan.com, there are 18 current conference leaders with RPIs worse than 50. It doesn't look like any of those 18 conferences will get more than one team in the tournament, so that would leave the other 13 auto-bids to go with the 33 at-large picks to complete the field.

With Tech's mediocre SOS, Tech probably needs to be in the Top 50 final RPI to have a decent at-large chance. To get there Tech has to win more games than it loses in the C-USA Tournament. Tech is 52 RPI points behind the #50 team, and even a 3-2 record might not be enough to close that gap. Probably would take a 3-1 or 4-2 record losing in the championship game for an at-large bid to be on the table.

+ Reply to Thread