+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: 2018-19 Dunkin' Dawgs Schedule & TV/Streaming Information

Champ skilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond repute skilldawg's Avatar

Re: 2018-19 Dunkin' Dawgs Schedule

Quote Originally Posted by touchdown123 View Post
    I disagree. Speedy, Heem, Hamilton, Threeyon, Johnson, Anderson, Kyser. I think they are better, but most importantly, I think they complemented each other very well. All could defend full court, offensively they played their role.

We have good ones now, but I don't see the pieces fitting like they did.
    I agree about roles and fitting together. I love all of those guys, but I still contend we have better talent at every position with Konkol, with the exception of Kyser

Big Dog tech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to all

None of them have the ability to play full court press like Speedy or the others .

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

That's one of his problems. The others are he can't keep good players regardless of position, he generally speaking does not have the talent that Mike did (though we do have some really good players), and his teams have no identity.

The program is blowing in the wind imo
    Quote Originally Posted by skilldawg View Post
    I think he by and large gets BETTER talent than White did, but you nailed it with the Identity issue. The team has no identity because he doesn’t have one, and I am not sure that is a fixable thing.
    I disagree. Speedy, Heem, Hamilton, Threeyon, Johnson, Anderson, Kyser. I think they are better, but most importantly, I think they complemented each other very well. All could defend full court, offensively they played their role.

We have good ones now, but I don't see the pieces fitting like they did.
    I'm agree with Skilldawg on this. Konkol's guys have been more highly recruited and more talented than White's core group.

Speedy, Heem, and Kyser basically had no DI offers. Speedy, none. Heem, UALR until someone committed and took his spot. Kyser, Lamar until their coach got fired. Threeyon was a Rupp recruit. White discovered Anderson right before school started. Don't think JJ was really recruited either. Hamilton and McCree were really White's only guys who were recruited by some of our peers. Then he brought in Gaskins and Massey from Ole Miss to be role players. I think White's last class of Boykins/Slim/Griffin/X/Shep were more highly recruited but those guys had very limited roles in White's last year.

Konkol's early recruits have mostly had offers from our peers and even better programs like Georgetown in DayDay's case. Pemberton, AAA, Duruji, Powell, Christon, etc. All relatively highly recruited guys. But this offseason it appears Konkol's recruiting has really started to struggle. Now it looks like we are offering everybody, but nobody is committing.

Champ skilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond repute skilldawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tech70 View Post
    None of them have the ability to play full court press like Speedy or the others .
    How would we know? That is one of the identity issues that we haven’t pursued.

Big Dog tech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to all

The games I was at last year I saw no ability to execute a full court press it was easily broken every time . This year we will see if the problem is fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by tech70 View Post
    The games I was at last year I saw no ability to execute a full court press it was easily broken every time . This year we will see if the problem is fixed.
    What games did you see it in, seriously?

Moderator & 2008 NFL Survivor Contest Champion sportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond repute sportdawg's Avatar

I know we've beaten this like a dead horse, but we MUST schedule better. Like has been said before, we need to schedule regional opponents that we've at least heard of? I'd love for our exhibition to be Centenary/LSUS/LSUA every year. There is NOOOOO reason for both Tougaloo & Harding to be on schedule. I'm fine with the $$$ games at Wichita State & LSU. I don't love the Delaware games, but we do get to play UNCG (RPI 66

I'D RATHER HAVE FEWER HOME GAMES THAN HAVE TO DRIVE TO WATCH SOME OF THESE GAMES.

Non-Conference (Last Year RPI) - I know they are moving from RPI, but this it what I have to use.
    11/01 vs. Union (Exh.)
    11/06 @ Wichita State $$$ (21)
    11/11 vs. Sam Houston State (186)
    11/13 vs. Harding
    11/16 @ LSU $$$ (88)
    11/20 vs. Tougaloo
    11/24 vs. UNC-Greensboro (at Newark, DE) (66)
    11/26 @ Delaware (233)
    12/01 vs. Houston Baptist (346)
    12/04 vs. Prairie View (245)
    12/07 @ SFA (107)
    12/15 @ ULL (65)
    12/22 vs. Texas A&M Corpus Christi (326)
    Here are teams we should try to get H/H with:
    AAC: Houston (20), Tulsa (89), Memphis (108), SMU (117), Tulane (174) - we should be scheduling these teams in ALL sports
    SLC: I'd look at Rankings from Previous 5 years. I like having SFA on Schedule (wish it weren't away the same year as USL). I'd schedule the Demons over Houston Baptist or Non-DI teams.
    SBC: I like having the Cajuns on the schedule. They usually have a decent team. I like the idea someone tossed of having an annual H/H. Also UALR. Might as well have ULM on there instead of one of the SWAC/Non-D1 teams - If we can get them home only (not likely to happen).
    SWAC - nope - if we do have to have 1 a year - make it Grambling

C-USA needs to work on an C-USA/AAC challenge (I know Judy will get right on it);
    Have it sort of like a bracket buster - Known home and away teams - match Regions/Rankings as close as possible (2 C-USA teams would have to sit out - of course we'd likely be the odd one out).

How it could have worked last year - of course it would not be fair to the AAC teams

Cincinnati 7 30 MTSU
    Houston 20 184 UTSA
    Wichita State 21 32 WKU
    Tulsa 89 188 UNT
    Memphis 108 150 UAB
    UCF 87 290 FIU
    Temple 59 74 ODU
    Connecticut 126 78 Marshall
    SMU 117 192 Tech
    Tulane 174 204 USM
    East Carolina 275 321 Charlotte
    South Florida 276 269 FAU
    Left out - rice/utep

I'd love to be able to put together an annual (4 or 8) tournament (since we never get invited to the good ones!)
    Bulldog Barks & Bytes Thanksgiving Classic at CenturyLink Center
    West C-USA: Tech, UNT, Rice, UTSA, USM
    West AAC: Houston, Tulsa, Memphis, SMU, Tulane
    Regional SBC/SLC: NLU, USL, SE LA, McNeese, SFA, UCA, Arkansas St, UALR, UTA
    Regional P5: LSU, A&M, Arkansas, OK St, OK, Baylor, TCU,

For 8-team tourney: Grambling, Southern, Jackson State, UAPB,

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

For this to work we'd need a coach and AD with an incentive to do their job correctly.

When you can do the minimum necessary and have no fear of repercussions, there's no reason to improve.

Moderator & 2008 NFL Survivor Contest Champion sportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond repute sportdawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Dawg View Post
    For this to work we'd need a coach and AD with an incentive to do their job correctly.

When you can do the minimum necessary and have no fear of repercussions, there's no reason to improve.
    how about nobody renew their season tix

Quote Originally Posted by sportdawg View Post
    how about nobody renew their season tix
    I am reducing mine. I know of 2 friends who are not renewing at all. They each have been season ticket holders for 30 plus years. They probably have 6-8 between them. Of course we will never know how much it is falling off because they never release that info.

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

We are backing down by 4 I think.

Champ touchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond repute touchdown123's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sportdawg View Post
    I'D RATHER HAVE FEWER HOME GAMES THAN HAVE TO DRIVE TO WATCH SOME OF THESE GAMES.
    Somebody get this guy a medal.

Our admin has got to understand that basketball isn't football in the south. It isn't a social event. Basketball has to be fun to be fun. Don't bother us with excessively crap schedules. More money games mean more $$ and RPI. Home and home with Sunbelt schools are at least something to talk about.

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

Somebody get this guy a medal.

Our admin has got to understand that basketball isn't football in the south. It isn't a social event. Basketball has to be fun to be fun. Don't bother us with excessively crap schedules. More money games mean more $$ and RPI. Home and home with Sunbelt schools are at least something to talk about.
    I agree with you and sportdawg, and I live in Ruston and spend time with my family instead of wasting my time at some of these games. Why not go to Kansas, Duke, or UNC to get paid, dumptrucked, and have and rpi boost? We will benefit more from getting stomped there than beating a 325 at home.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Get off the "improve RPI" horse. Tech won't be getting an at-large bid to the Dance, period, so it does no good to improve the schedule for that purpose. We have to win the auto-bid to dance.

More importantly, we need a coach who can actually coach. Let's start there.

Does no good for us if we win autobid and get 15seed because we played nobody.

Get an attractive schedule to get fans interested. I have no interest in this schedule

+ Reply to Thread