+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: US to withdraw from Syria?

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

US to withdraw from Syria?

Wanna go on the record and declare this would be a huge mistake.

Trump rightfully criticized obummer's premature withdrawal from Iraq, which created a vacuum, filled by ISIS, and pulling out of Syria will also have repercussions. ISIS might realize a bit of a revival, but mostly, this will give Syria to the Russkies.

My single biggest concerns are for the Kurds. Turkey has been itching for a chance to attack the Kurds in NE Syria. With US Troops gone, the Turks will attack. And they will do so with the blessing of Putin.

Unilaterally withdrawing from Syria, getting nothing for it....not that anyone over there can be trusted to keep any agreements...is simply stupid. Senator Graham has already gone ballistic. His own military advisors are begging Trump not to go thru with this withdrawal. Yes, we are talking about 2,200 American troops, on the ground. But their presence has STOPPED, SQUASHED all evil activity in Syria, from Putin, from Assad, from the Turks, from the Persians, and from what is left of ISIS. The situation has stabilized into a stalemate in Syria. That's why there has been practically no fighting, of any kind for months. Really, for almost a year now.

US Troops, and our valiant allies, the Kurds, are holding key positions...the "high ground" and also holding key points, like the dams that control all the clean drinking water for thousands of square miles. Key bridges across rivers, for both truck and railroad traffic. Key intersections where major highways meet. Any attack against any of these strategic points would involve US Troops and result in the instant annihilation of the attacking force. Life has mostly returned to normal for so many Syrian people. They are again employed, there is commerce occurring, they have access to clean water, food, medicines, and a lot of the destroyed infrastructure including housing, is being rebuilt. If we withdraw...in a matter of weeks, war will again sweep across Syria undoing all of this progress.

The Kurds...they will defend themselves. They might lose in the face of a combined Turkish-Russian military alliance, supported by Assad's Syrians, but fight, they will. Many thousands will die.

And, according to my sources, this new conflict will not be limited to just Syria. The war will spill over into Iraq. Kurds in Iraq will rally to the aid of their brothers in Syria. With everyone distracted, the Persians will be embolden to try again to secure a foothold in the region. About 6 months ago, the Israelis attacked and utterly wiped out Persian units in Syria. They could do that due to the presence of US forces, and we had their back.

Have you heard much in the news in recent months about war in Syria? In Iraq? A few isolated incidents, maybe... why is that? Because Trump did the right thing and gave US generals, on the ground there, authority to do what was needed. Peace and rebuilding has been the result. Now Trump is about to do a 180, and make a huge mistake.

Reminds me of what I just posted on another thread about the Continental Congress no longer micro-managing the war. Those who ignore history are doomed to repeat it.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Re: US to withdraw from Syria?

What a surprise....NOT! Senator Rand Paul, Mr. Isolationist, is applauding our proposed withdrawal from Syria. Who didn't see that one coming?

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

I hate the idea of leaving as well. It's very Obama like.

I understand the pro-withdrawal argument...get our troops out of harm's way, bring 'em home, just how long would we have to stay there, forever? I get it. Just make sure all you Rand Paul's out there understand the ramifications of it. DON'T YOU DARE CITE HUMANITARIAN CONCERNS FOR THE POOR INNOCENT SYRIAN CIVILIANS!!! For the Kurds? Yes, I share a concern for their well-being. They were the first, and practically ONLY, group that stood with us in the war with ISIS. Actually, they stood up to ISIS before the US and other Western allies committed to that effort. We owe the Kurds our unrelenting support....period!

I don't want to see Syrian civilians made to suffer either. Most are just innocent victims. But suffer they will. Just as I can predict the sun will rise tomorrow, we will soon see atrocities committed against Syrian, and Iraqi, civilians. Then we'll see on CNN the outcry! Oh, where is our humanity? How can the US allow this to occur? Ask Rand Paul that question.

If you (we, as a nation) are okay with it, fine, change the channel, don't watch the news. Out of sight...out of mind. We allow other atrocities to occur across the globe, with no apparent remorse. Just add Syria to the list.

And, a side personal note. Most of you know I am, overall, a Trump supporter. But, I am honest with my opinions on matters. I call it the way I see it. I think President Trump is wrong to withdraw from Syria, like this, at this present time. Notice how you will NEVER see goosey being honest about anything, which is why he has zero credibility.

Back to the point....I don't know when the correct time would be to get out of Syria. Six months from now? A year? Five years? IDK. I do know that this is definitely not the right time, and certainly not the way to do it....unilaterally. Our troops are making a difference right now, and we are NOT paying a price for it. It would be another matter if we were involved in active combat and were losing soldiers in Syria. But, that is not the case. There is peace....right now....yes, an uneasy peace, with a simmering volcano ready to erupt. But presently...our guys are making a HUGE difference there. This is what our military is supposed to do, IMO. Make a difference! Fight for people who cannot fight for themselves.

And...the Kurds....I hurt for them. Please do not abandon them.

Champ DawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond repute DawgyNWindow's Avatar

I just don't know anymore.

I thought the Iraq invasion was done (with UN blessing) so that we could establish a presence in the area (a big military base somewhere in the area of the Kurds) where we could dominate the region and keep an eye on Syria and Iran. I thought it was a foolproof strategy. I still think that had we done that none of these ugly issues we have to address would be there.

I think that episode turned me against "limited" engagement. If not Trump, maybe the next guy comes in and moves us out of the area. Then we have even more human and financial capital we squandered and left behind, which only delayed the inevitable.

Naturally, this will all end with Iran expanding their area of influence (and Russia's influence) and threatening Israel from an expanded base. And if we are true to our word, that is when the real fun will start. I just hate playing defense with our military (never ends well).

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

What do you expect from a president that doesn’t read his briefings or take advice from experts?

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Guisslapp View Post
    What do you expect from a president that doesn’t read his briefings or take advice from experts?
    The first thing he does to drain the swamp and all the gators decide maybe they liked the swamp after all.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

That was Obama to the tee.

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TYLERTECHSAS View Post
    That was Obama to the tee.
    No it wasn’t. And you know that. But it does describe Trump. And you know that too.

Champ DawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond repute DawgyNWindow's Avatar

Sad to see Mattis leaving over this.

No it wasn’t. And you know that. But it does describe Trump. And you know that too.
    Which expert told Obama to fly buckets of cash into Iran under cover of darkness that could be used to thwart US policies in the region, terrorize Israel and fund terror operations designed to kill Americans?

Inquiring minds want to know.

Quote Originally Posted by DawgyNWindow View Post
    Which expert told Obama to fly buckets of cash into Iran under cover of darkness that could be used to thwart US policies in the region, terrorize Israel and fund terror operations designed to kill Americans?

Inquiring minds want to know.
    Lawyers for the State Department that were concerned that not settling the dispute ran the risk that The Hague Tribunal would issue a harsher judgment for the money we owed Iran.

Quote Originally Posted by DawgyNWindow View Post
    Sad to see Mattis leaving over this.
    His resignation letter is quite the indictment of Trumpism and the ignorance it is based on.

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

“My views on treating allies with respect and also being clear-eyed about both malign actors and strategic competitors are strongly held and informed by over four decades of immersion in these issues. We must do everything possible to advance an international order that is most conducive to our security, prosperity and values, and we are strengthened in this effort by the solidarity of our alliances.

Because you have the right to have a Secretary of Defense whose views are better aligned with yours on these and other subjects, I believe it is right for me to step down from my position.”

Champ JuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond repute JuBru's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by johnnylightnin View Post
    “My views on treating allies with respect and also being clear-eyed about both malign actors and strategic competitors are strongly held and informed by over four decades of immersion in these issues. We must do everything possible to advance an international order that is most conducive to our security, prosperity and values, and we are strengthened in this effort by the solidarity of our alliances.

Because you have the right to have a Secretary of Defense whose views are better aligned with yours on these and other subjects, I believe it is right for me to step down from my position.”
    Oh no! An anti-America Clinton-Obama-Holder-Soros-plant commie globalist! Thank god he's out! Blessed be Trump, given to us by the grace of god! Heil Trump! Praise him!

+ Reply to Thread