+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: I Find the Excuses for LSU and the SEC Very Entertaining This Morning

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Re: I Find the Excuses for LSU and the SEC Very Entertaining This Morning

The SEC is usually the best conference, top to bottom, in every sport...sans hoops. Not sure why the SEC hasn't taken over basketball, both men's and women's, but they haven't. Might have something to do with there being no geographical advantage afforded in BB regarding the weather. Being an indoor sport, winter/bad weather doesn't impact BB, like it does outdoor sports. Given that the SEC dominates football, baseball, track & field, for instance (Georgia just won the NCAA outdoor T&F title...dethroning THREE-time defending champion Florida, who had to fight off the likes of Arkansas, LSU, and South Carolina, in particular, to win those 3 straight titles).

Back to the point, I wonder if the SEC enjoys a weather-related advantage that not only allows more, uninterrupted training/practice, but just attracts more athletes who want to be in a more comfortable climate year round. Just a thought. I mean, come on, you're a great high school athlete being recruited by Iowa and Florida...where would you go?

Champ Bulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant future Bulldog Tom's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    The SEC is usually the best conference, top to bottom, in every sport...sans hoops. Not sure why the SEC hasn't taken over basketball, both men's and women's, but they haven't. Might have something to do with there being no geographical advantage afforded in BB regarding the weather. Being an indoor sport, winter/bad weather doesn't impact BB, like it does outdoor sports. Given that the SEC dominates football, baseball, track & field, for instance (Georgia just won the NCAA outdoor T&F title...dethroning THREE-time defending champion Florida, who had to fight off the likes of Arkansas, LSU, and South Carolina, in particular, to win those 3 straight titles).

Back to the point, I wonder if the SEC enjoys a weather-related advantage that not only allows more, uninterrupted training/practice, but just attracts more athletes who want to be in a more comfortable climate year round. Just a thought. I mean, come on, you're a great high school athlete being recruited by Iowa and Florida...where would you go?
    I think the weather is a huge benefit to the south, both in recruiting and more importantly practice time outdoors.

Champ theprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond repute theprofessor's Avatar

I also think the fact that it's harder to put together pickup football and baseball games than it is pickup basketball games plays a role. Basketball is huge in the major cities like New York and Chicago. Kids in those cities grow up playing basketball every day. Those kids don't end up at SEC schools, or rarely do.
    the bold, the beautiful, theprofessor

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

"Pride cometh before the fall" and the SEC is prideful and will eventually fall.

Champ Champ967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond repute Champ967's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by theprofessor View Post
    , that doesn't make me an SEC homer. It just makes me a realist.
    … said every single $ec homer EVER.

Champ theprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond repute theprofessor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Champ967 View Post
    … said every single $ec homer EVER.
    the bold, the beautiful, theprofessor

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

The point still flew over both of your heads -

The "inflated" rpi due to the over abundance of home games gives the conference a boost that allows them have the numbers they do in the field and in turn gives them advantage of garnering the high number of regional host sites, which in turns gives them the advantage of numbers in the super regionals and then the CWS altogether

You can look at their road records to see that it is POINT A, B and C

I wonder how the rpi and records would be if they truly went on the road during OOC and half of the mid week games a year

That's the POINT - I'm making which a blind eye is being turned to

And is why Kentucky didn't deserve a slot and probably Texas A&M didn't deserve a slot and maybe even LSU (even though they finished .500 in conference but went 0-3 in midweek road games)

The conference works the rpi - look at LSU, pull Texas out of the OOC home schedule and it's pathetic
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Champ skilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond repute skilldawg's Avatar

I don’t know why I bother to watch college baseball. It is THE worst of the NCAA sports. 95 percent of the talent bypasses the game by going pro straight out of high school and the umpires by and large shouldn’t be calling 12 year old ball.

The Auburn reliever just got chased after throwing a PERFECT third strike on the sec player of the year in the bottom of the 10th. Called a Ball and absolutely no one in the park thought it was... except the idiot in charge

Champ skilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond repute skilldawg's Avatar

... and the Freshman replacement gives up a walkoff.. after the middle relievers perfection was blown by the homeplate umpire.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by skilldawg View Post
    ... and the Freshman replacement gives up a walkoff.. after the middle relievers perfection was blown by the homeplate umpire.
    Glad I didn't stay awake for that. He was inconsistent the entire game and looked like he had a crush on Florida.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden View Post
    The point still flew over both of your heads -

The "inflated" rpi due to the over abundance of home games gives the conference a boost that allows them have the numbers they do in the field and in turn gives them advantage of garnering the high number of regional host sites, which in turns gives them the advantage of numbers in the super regionals and then the CWS altogether

You can look at their road records to see that it is POINT A, B and C

I wonder how the rpi and records would be if they truly went on the road during OOC and half of the mid week games a year

That's the POINT - I'm making which a blind eye is being turned to

And is why Kentucky didn't deserve a slot and probably Texas A&M didn't deserve a slot and maybe even LSU (even though they finished .500 in conference but went 0-3 in midweek road games)

The conference works the rpi - look at LSU, pull Texas out of the OOC home schedule and it's pathetic
    True. And it's true in other sports too.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

True. And it's true in other sports too.
    Absolutely -

How would Wake Forest, Illinois, Miss St, LSU and Clemson fair every year having to travel to Middle, WKU, Utah St, Lafayette, Huntington etal every year in basketball for a conference game - probably not very good
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Two teams in from the PAC 10. Mission accomplished by the NCAA and ESPN. I'm sure they are disappointed that Texas Tech and Miss State made it.

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

I don’t know why I bother to watch college baseball. It is THE worst of the NCAA sports. 95 percent of the talent bypasses the game by going pro straight out of high school and the umpires by and large shouldn’t be calling 12 year old ball.

The Auburn reliever just got chased after throwing a PERFECT third strike on the sec player of the year in the bottom of the 10th. Called a Ball and absolutely no one in the park thought it was... except the idiot in charge
    I told my dad that was the worst missed call of th game. He piped that pitch on the outside corner.

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

I will agree that the talent is reduced by guys leaving early or bypassing college ball. IMO, there are still several players I enjoy watching and are as good as those guys who go early. Granted you have to look harder for them.

+ Reply to Thread