+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: I Find the Excuses for LSU and the SEC Very Entertaining This Morning

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

I Find the Excuses for LSU and the SEC Very Entertaining This Morning

I've always been one of those that felt that the SEC especially and the Big Five schools in general have a built in RPI advantage especially in baseball and basketball due to thier litany of home games over the season especially in OOC play...

I know some who felt that UK was slighted when they were not selected for the tournament due to their sub 30 rpi - even though it was a BIASED rpi due to the SEC schedule

You get these schools out of their comfort zone (i.e. home parks/gyms) and they are JUST LIKE everyone else

Maybe they should change their slogan from IT JUST MEANS MORE to WE CAN JUST BUY MORE....
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Champ tenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond repute

Re: I Find the Excuses for LSU and the SEC Very Entertaining This Morning

Anyone who thinks otherwise isn't honestly looking at the situation. it's true for basketball, but even more so when you're talking baseball. I've watched a lot of NCAA baseball this spring and you're right, get them out of their comfort zone and they're just like everyone else.

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

Except us!!! We couldn’t win at home to save our skin when it counted.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by techman05 View Post
    Except us!!! We couldn’t win at home to save our skin when it counted.
    Smh…

I think we overachieved to some extent and were about where we are - our arms were shot by the tourney and our offensive woes were quite evident heading into the tourney - we were two arms short and two bats short and had been all year long

Caught a break with FAU taking the ties - we were really a 3rd or 4th place team in the regular season

I'll take 21-9 in conference every year and let the chips fall where they may

But that's not what this thread is about

Champ Rooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond repute Rooster's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden View Post
    I've always been one of those that felt that the SEC especially and the Big Five schools in general have a built in RPI advantage especially in baseball and basketball due to thier litany of home games over the season especially in OOC play...

I know some who felt that UK was slighted when they were not selected for the tournament due to their sub 30 rpi - even though it was a BIASED rpi due to the SEC schedule

You get these schools out of their comfort zone (i.e. home parks/gyms) and they are JUST LIKE everyone else

Maybe they should change their slogan from IT JUST MEANS MORE to WE CAN JUST BUY MORE....
    There is a plethora of good baseball players who fall through the cracks every year from the big schools. When you add those kids with the juco kids coming up, any college can put together a good team from year to year. That is what makes a program... I do think Kentucky belonged this year. I am the biggest fan for the small school, no point of the RPI if they don't get in. I know they were sub .500 in conference, but they do play in the toughest conference. No, I am not a SEC homer, pull against all of them in almost all situations.

I like the regional, super regional, final 8 in Omaha set up. I'm sure it can be tweaked to be better. LSUseless fans will grip about anything. Their team over performed this year. All-American 3b and ace pitcher hurt for year, they did great considering. It takes some luck and a lucky bounce here and there for a team to go a long ways. I just want to make it to a regional 2-3 times every 5 years. That should be doable a Tech. If we just recruit along I-20 from East Texas to Jackson, MS for the core group of kids, we should be great. Throw in 1-2 jucos a year, a kid or 2 from Baton Rouge area, Lake Charles/Lafayette, and New Orelans, we should be great. I guess if it were that easy, I should be coach.
    “Ability is what you're capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it.”
    Lou Holtz - Football Coach

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have." - Thomas Jefferson

"Bring back the rotary phone so we don't have to press 1 for English."
    www.casadice.com

But you missed the point -

The SEC is no tougher than the Big 10, Big Xii, ACC or Pac 12

It's a biased rpi

And MID WEEK games matter as much as weekend games - cause come tourney time - those midweek pitchers are the difference between winning and losing in most instances

The tourney usually backs this up

And NO Kentucky still didn't belong

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

In the past LSU baseball fans have shown a measure of class....devoid from their football fans, in general. I watched some of their game(s) vs. Oregon State. They got hammered....out-classed! LSU baseball fans usually say as much and just congratulate the other team. I don't read any other school's fan forums, so maybe there is a meltdown going on. But it is unusual.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

I dislike all of the SEC, Big 10, Big Xii, ACC and Pac 12. The entire Power 5 concept and economic grip sucks, is incredibly biased and potentially illegal in many aspects.
    I would love to see the Tulane, Tulsa, Houston, SMU, BYU, La Tech and heck the Service Academies etc's.. of the world joint action sue the threat of or true monopoly that exists.

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    In the past LSU baseball fans have shown a measure of class....devoid from their football fans, in general. I watched some of their game(s) vs. Oregon State. They got hammered....out-classed! LSU baseball fans usually say as much and just congratulate the other team. I don't read any other school's fan forums, so maybe there is a meltdown going on. But it is unusual.
    Church comments, twitterverse and am radio this morning...

Varsity Bulldog Brad has much to be proud ofBrad has much to be proud ofBrad has much to be proud ofBrad has much to be proud ofBrad has much to be proud ofBrad has much to be proud ofBrad has much to be proud ofBrad has much to be proud ofBrad has much to be proud ofBrad has much to be proud ofBrad has much to be proud of

Biased or not, at the end of today, the SEC could have eight teams headed to the Super Regionals. Four of those teams would have made it winning on the on the road. If this happens, I think criticism of the SEC and the selection committee will fall on deaf ears.

Of course, they could wind up with only three in the supers, and in that case ... pile on.

2004 and 2010-2011 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion DogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond repute DogsWin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden View Post

You get these schools out of their comfort zone (i.e. home parks/gyms) and they are JUST LIKE everyone else.
    Very true. For example SEC team Texas A&M played every game leading up to the Frisco Tournament at their home baseball stadium. Then they went to Frisco and got beat by Louisiana Tech. I was there for every game and the officiating was refreshingly unbiased in every game regardless of who was playing whom.

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar

They had 6 advance. 3 super regionals pit SEC teams against each other.

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar

So they are guaranteed to have 3 in Omaha.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Tech77 View Post
    So they are guaranteed to have 3 in Omaha.
    I hope they all get drummed.

Champ DONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond repute

LSU was over rated, losing to any team by 25 runs in 2 games means you're a very average team. If the ball doesn't hit the pitcher's foot and bounce in the wrong direction, that's a double play and NSU wins. How about Tennessee Tech taking out the SEC champ on their home field!!!!

+ Reply to Thread