+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What Are Your All-Time Favorite Plays for LA Tech, Regardless of Sport?

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

What Are Your All-Time Favorite Plays for LA Tech, Regardless of Sport?

It's off season, and I'm really tired of reading about nothing but our terrible TV schedule. In your opinion, what are your all-time favorite plays for LA Tech, regardless of sport? Here are 3 of my choices:

1) Phillip "Saturday Night" Livas was one of the most exciting players to ever wear a LA Tech uniform. His 97-yard TD kick return in the 2008 Independence Bowl against Northern Illinois on national network TV electrified the crowd of 45K Tech fans, and led Tech to a 17-10 Bowl win.

2) LA Tech beats 1999 SEC Champion Alabama 29-28, when Brian Stallworth completes a 29-yd TD pass to Sean Cangelosi, on 4th down, with only 2 seconds left in the game.

3) Kenneth Dixon's 99-yd TD run is a good one, because ULL's coaches and delusional fans went into this game arrogantly predicting a very lopsided win for the Cajuns. In fact, ULL's head coach was so confident of a Cajun win, he invited all of LA Tech commits and recruits to the ULL sideline in Lafayette that night. But they learned quickly that the Cajuns were in over their heads. LA Tech went on to badly beat ULL --on the road-- and the outcome was never in doubt. This play got it started.

By the way, the ULL football program has never been the same since. Many believe this play was as turning point in the ULL program, and the Cajuns never recovered.

https://www.facebook.com/LATechAthle...3368642656833/

Champ Bulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant future Bulldog Tom's Avatar

Re: What Are Your All-Time Favorite Plays for LA Tech, Regardless of Sport?

The Stallworth to Cangelosi touchdown for me. When Rattay went out I thought our chances might be over. FWIW, this is IMO, the greatest play in school history.

Big Dog tech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to all

Joe Smith 's performances vs Tulsa in 2001 and 2002 for me. just to many to post and hard to find video.
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=RezeZrJ6AMY

Bulldog DD Dawg is on top of his/her gameDD Dawg is on top of his/her gameDD Dawg is on top of his/her gameDD Dawg is on top of his/her gameDD Dawg is on top of his/her gameDD Dawg is on top of his/her gameDD Dawg is on top of his/her gameDD Dawg is on top of his/her gameDD Dawg is on top of his/her gameDD Dawg is on top of his/her gameDD Dawg is on top of his/her game

I’m kinda with Tech 70, too many to post! But Rattay/Edwards vs Nebraska, Jason Davis 302 yds Rushing, Dawgs vs Colorado St before Indy Bowl, Eric Shaw and Co. defense vs Auburn and the victory over Alabama( Stallworth to Cangelosi.

Moderator & 2008 NFL Survivor Contest Champion sportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond repute sportdawg's Avatar

One of my favorite basketball memories

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

I can’t find it, but the basketball video of the sequence of steals and buckets back when Speedy, Appleby, and Kyser were seniors was awesome. One of my favorites. Also, the comeback against Michigan State, even though State wasn’t very good that year.

Moderator & 2008 NFL Survivor Contest Champion sportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond repute sportdawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by techman05 View Post
    I can’t find it, but the basketball video of the sequence of steals and buckets back when Speedy, Appleby, and Kyser were seniors was awesome. One of my favorites. Also, the comeback against Michigan State, even though State wasn’t very good that year.

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar

Denny Duron bomb to Roger Carr to beat Boise State in 1973 national semi-finals in Wichita Falls.

Varsity Bulldog Docman5 is a name known to allDocman5 is a name known to allDocman5 is a name known to allDocman5 is a name known to allDocman5 is a name known to allDocman5 is a name known to allDocman5 is a name known to allDocman5 is a name known to allDocman5 is a name known to allDocman5 is a name known to allDocman5 is a name known to all

Can't remember the year or who Terry Bradshaw through the TD pass to but it was in Ruston versus McNeese. Terry threw a long TD pass that was called back for an infraction. The next play was the exact same one and the defensive back got burned again and we got the TD back! I'll bet that defender wanted to go crawl into a hole and hide.

Champ Dogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond repute Dogsince65's Avatar

when you have 53 years of going to games its impossible to pick a specific play ( Bradshaw to Liberto ) always fits in but how about the ones already posted -- they all fit . (KD vs ULL)
    The Tulsa game was crucial--without that win we do not win conference championship -- the Generals Performance against AM in Shreveport. Without the huge comeback against Nevada in Reno-led to title and Bowl . The crazy last play against Ole Miss in first half, just running out first half and he goes 80 yards on muddy field for TD--the old Miss crowd leaves at half time . So many outstanding plays and I am looking forward to other posts -- Ditto on all the ones posted so far

Bulldog Tech79 is a jewel in the roughTech79 is a jewel in the roughTech79 is a jewel in the roughTech79 is a jewel in the roughTech79 is a jewel in the roughTech79 is a jewel in the roughTech79 is a jewel in the roughTech79 is a jewel in the roughTech79 is a jewel in the roughTech79 is a jewel in the roughTech79 is a jewel in the rough Tech79's Avatar

The 57 points scored on Texas A&M and Johnny Football in 2012, especially the pick six by Shakeil Lucas and Quinton Patton smoking the DB for a touchdown down the sideline.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

The white T

Champ Houston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Docman5 View Post
    Can't remember the year or who Terry Bradshaw through the TD pass to but it was in Ruston versus McNeese. Terry threw a long TD pass that was called back for an infraction. The next play was the exact same one and the defensive back got burned again and we got the TD back! I'll bet that defender wanted to go crawl into a hole and hide.
    If it was in Ruston it was 1968 season. Seems like I remember the two plays. However it was Homecoming and we lost.

I have to go with Bradshaw to Liberto in the 1968 game because I was there. Stallworth to Cangilosi ranks right there next to it, but I didn't see it. I was at a Texas game with my Law Partner (Texas v. Rice for chrissake) and only heard about it on the radio on the way home. It was big news. Everyone thought they were going to fire the coach immediately, but his team went on the win the SEC championship and the Sugar Bowl.

Champ 70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute 70TECHGRAD's Avatar

Bradshaw to Liberto in 1968 State Fair Game in Shreveport IMO is the best football game I ever saw!! We were jumping up and down so hard on the TECH side after that TD that I was afraid the stadium was going to collapse!!! I was at ULL when Dixon made his 99 yard run. That was also awesome!!! Before that game, the ULL fans were hollering at us that they were going to beat the s _ it out of TECH!!

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

Best part of that game in Laffy was the guy we passed walking into the stadium who said, “sorry to say, but we are going to crush y’all tonight.”

+ Reply to Thread